delete

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You guys act like Bruce Lee is invincible, and I only read up to the 2nd page.
smh.gif

I'm taking Mike, because what made him so dangerous was his combination of strength and speed.
He could move like a lightweight but hit like a heavyweight. You really think Brucie could take a direct hit from Mike Tyson?
DOUBT IT.
You were FOOLED!!
adidas-undercrwn-believe-in-5-1.jpg

Bruce Lee's reaction time, speed etc are simply astounding. and they are by no means a myth, most of his feats are either documented or witnessed, thereare videos of some floating around.

When he used to train for strength, he was so strong and balanced the man could hold a 60lb dumbbell in each hand, raise them up with elbows straight and holdit there for a 1min and 20secs. that is just ridiculous
sick.gif

lee studied the science of martial arts. he knew the human body very well, more often than not he'd anticipate his enemy's move even before it happens.im not making that up, read up around the web for all the people hes trained with and been friends with. this guy is one of a kind. there is NO way tyson, asmuch of a beast he was in his prime, can hold his own against bruce lee.

you guys need to read up on Bruce Lee if you really think Mike could take him.

and you fools saying any MMA fighter would bring Bruce down...excuse me while i laugh

HA!

rckybadman sound mad ignorant.

Bruce fought the best fighters in the world and beat them to within inches of their lives in no-holds barred street fights.

JKD is apex of street fighting....Bruce was more of a street fighter than Mike.

The angles, counters, traps and dirty attacks in JKD and Philippino Dirty Boxing are no joke.

With that said its not an easy decision, Mike strength was suprehuman and his defense was superb but boxing training is a rigid discipline made to suit sportspurposes....Bruce was a professional street fighter. If Bruce tried to show up Mike in straight on boxing for even a second, Tyson would evade counter andBruce would be comatose. But Lee was too smart, quick and a master of street fighting to do that. A lower leg kick fast than the eye can see, followed by a jabto divert and throw MIke off would be enough to get his back...a focused one inch punch to the kidney of spinal column and Mike is paralyzed perhapspermaently. Or he could choke him out or snap his neck.

Bruce would win IMO. Too many styles, too many angels, a master of street fighter and a PhD in methods of instant death.

Bruce was 5'7" and he treated 7 foot Kareem like a rag doll.

For those that don't know that much about, y'all might think that its all talk and myth but dude was like the Einstein of Modern Martial Arts with thestatus of Jordan in his respective field.

Bruce-Lee-Photo-3.jpg
gameofdeath2.jpg

Chuck Norris was his son.

bruce%20lee%20beats%20up%20chuck%20norris.jpg

The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wall
Bob Wall, USPK karate champion and co-star in Enter the Dragon, recalled a particularly serious encounter that transpired after a film extra kept taunting Lee. The extra yelled that Lee was "a movie star, not a martial artist," that he "wasn't much of a fighter." Lee answered his taunts by asking him to jump down from the wall he was sitting on. Bob Wall described Lee's opponent as "a gang-banger type of guy from Hong Kong," a "damned good martial artist," and observed that he was fast, strong, and bigger than Bruce.[sup][25][/sup]

Wall recalled the confrontation in detail:
"This kid was good. He was strong and fast, and he was really trying to punch Bruce's brains in. But Bruce just methodically took him apart."[sup][26][/sup]"Bruce kept moving so well, this kid couldn't touch him...Then all of a sudden, Bruce got him and rammed his *%@ with the wall and swept him up, proceeding to drop him and plant his knee into his opponent's chest, locked his arm out straight, and nailed him in the face repeatedly."[sup][27][/sup]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#cite_note-26[/sup]

Lee also appeared at the 1967 Long Beach International Karate Championships[sup][39][/sup] and performed various demonstrations, including the famous "unstoppable punch" against USKA world karate champion Vic Moore. Lee told Moore that he was going to throw a straight punch to the face, and all he had to do was to try and block it. Lee took several steps back and asked if Moore was ready, when Moore nodded in affirmation, Lee glided towards him until he was within striking range. He then threw a straight punch directly at Moore's face, and stopped before impact. In eight attempts, Moore failed to block any of the punches.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#cite_note-41

He was a martial artist/fighter 1st and foremost. an actor 2nd. Read up on his wiki, or the countless other sites. Or even watch the bruce lee movie with theguy from the jungle book movie.
His style was meant to kill. so he'd use anything and everything to beat tyson. He had speed and power and a body that rivaled the best.

The Lee physique, once described by no less an authority on such matters than bodybuilding magnate Joe Weider as "the most defined body I've everseen!"

Im a big fan of tyson and know how fast and powerful he was in his prime...but he was just a boxer. Bruce was the father of MMA(thanks dana white). He waslearning different styles all the time and his physical prowess was impeccable.

I don't get why people will choose Mike...Sure he is athletic and agile but so is Lee and Lee is probably twice as quick in speed and reflexes. Mike goeswith instinct and a peek a boo boxing style while Lee is capable of many forms of martial arts. Them round house kicks are ferocious and Lee's defense isimpregnable. Lets not forget that Lee is the only person that ever beat Chuck Norris.

I respect what Bruce Lee stood for but lets get real

BL 146 lbs

Tyson 220 lbs

Mike would knock BL's head off. Word to T-Ball.

Originally Posted by Mako28

BL 146 lbs

Tyson 220 lbs

Weight doesn't really have to do with anything.

those who choose Mike are str8 silly. A fight, not a boxing match. Mike would get choked out or one of his limbs would be broken EASY by Bruce.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by Mako28

BL 146 lbs

Tyson 220 lbs

Weight doesn't really have to do with anything.

Maybe it doesn't if the smaller guy knows how to fight and the larger one doesn't.

But if they both are trained it does make a big difference

Back
Top Bottom