Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

See my only thing with Lee is this...

YES he had great physical talent...

YES he fought a few guys...(Supposedly dozens upon dozens on the streets over his life)

But realistically...

Against a prizefighter who has had recorded visual evidence of his fights...I'm going to go with Tyson...

Yes Lee could go to the ground, kick, use submissions etc...But has he EVER been hit by a guy like Tyson? Has he ever truly had his chin checked?

Thats what I want to know....If Tyson DOES connect, the result could mean some bad, bad, BAD things for Mr.Lee...
Good thing Bruce Lee was famous for his incredible speed and reflexes then, huh?
indifferent.gif

Like I said...

He has NEVER fought anyone with the handspeed of Tyson....EVER....

Nor the experience...

All Tyson has to do is feint, wait for a reaction and it could be all over for Lee if he bites....

You honestly believe Lee is unhittable?
roll.gif
........You dudes are funny...

Another thing. Tyson was DEADLY accurate with his punching angles. The man was always on the button. He's not slow. Even a grazing blow that might knock Lee off balance for a second could allow Tyson to follow up with a devestating shot...

You guys don't understand how good Tyson was beyond his brute strength. He was technically sound.
What i'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Tyson so hard knowing that his art had him train EXCLUSIVELY in upper body combat.

What I'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Lee so hard knowing his fight experience was limited to fairy tales, amateurs, and street thugs.
Because if Bruce Lee can live up to half of his legend, that means he's quick enough to kick Mike Tyson in the nuts before Mike knows what's going on.
laugh.gif
....Wow....Just wow....

By the time he gets that kick off Lee's head will be "excused" from his body...
Why? Because when Lee let that kick off Tyson reacted with a right-hook.

I'd be willing to bet Tysons hand speed > Lee's kicking speed...

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

Bruce Lee was a martial artist before an actor. Let's be clear on that one.

nah fam, he was an actor as a baby
laugh.gif

but I know what you're getting at
pimp.gif

and to be clear to some, Bruce didn't want BULK and an extreme amount of muscle mass because it'd make him slow, he wanted strength and quickness.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

I'm in love with bruce lee as much as the rest of you guys, but lets be realistic..

I'm going with tyson..

why: 1. he was a real professional fighter, fighting other real professional fighters. He wasn't beating up on 7 ft. tall basketball players, or the bad guys in the green hornet. Tyson was (in his prime), simply killing some of the best boxers in the world, at the time.
2. size. No way is 145 pound bruce lee surviving a direct hit from 220 pound tyson. he's just too damn light. If tyson cleanly connects, its a wrap.
3. Credibility: there is actual evidence for tysons ability, rather than hear-say, or movies. When was the last time any of you saw a real bruce lee fight..like a real one?
..to quote someone else from a different forum who was responding to a similar question (in his case, it was lee vs ali) : "He [Bruce lee] represents in most peoples mind the mythical Kung Fu master, An unstoppable, undefeatable force. To bad this is not true. Men Like Benny Urqidez, Joe Lewis and even some of the top MMA fighters do not get the recognition and prestige as Bruce Lee does and these individuals were and are REAL FIGHTERS."

to say that lee would win, would kinda be like saying jackie chan/jet lee could beat oscar de la hoya/floyd mayweather. I just don't see it happening. These guys are ACTORS for a reason.
bruce lee didnt need to show himself up for the things he was capable of maybe he was an actor because he was well known for the things he wascapable of doing. have you ever thought about martial arts as self defence? he would fight someone if they would come after him. not fight people to provehimself he was the best? ever seen the movie yip man he didnt go around and fight every martial art style to prove he was the best, he master one style andcontinue to learn a new one...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

to say that lee would win, would kinda be like saying jackie chan/jet lee could beat oscar de la hoya/floyd mayweather. I just don't see it happening. These guys are ACTORS for a reason.
They were martial artists before they were actors.

Martial Artists with little actual fighting experience...

Mayweather? The man has been fighting since he was in pampers...Dude was 10-0 before he learned to walk...

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

Bruce Lee was first and foremost a martial artist before he even stepped foot into motion pictures. Let's be clear on that one.
so what..? so was steven seagal, chuck norris, van damme, and everyone else who uses their great fighting abilities to springboard them intoentertainment. can they too beat tyson?...

the point is, hardly anyone has actually seen bruce lee fight a real, legit fight. you get told these fairy tales about some unstoppable martial arts"demi-god," but have no proof for it, besides episodes of the green hornet, and commentary from lou alcindor. WAKE UP. Bruce lee, the undestructablekung fu master with lightening quick reflexes, and hulk-like strength, is just a myth. give me some proof and maybe, just maybe I'll reconsider. Untilthen, dead this.

YES he fought a few guys...(Supposedly dozens upon dozens on the streets over his life)

But realistically...

Against a prizefighter who has had recorded visual evidence of his fights...I'm going to go with Tyson...

Yes Lee could go to the ground, kick, use submissions etc...But has he EVER been hit by a guy like Tyson? Has he ever truly had his chin checked?

Thats what I want to know....If Tyson DOES connect, the result could mean some bad, bad, BAD things for Mr.Lee...
Good thing Bruce Lee was famous for his incredible speed and reflexes then, huh?
indifferent.gif

Like I said...

He has NEVER fought anyone with the handspeed of Tyson....EVER....

Nor the experience...

All Tyson has to do is feint, wait for a reaction and it could be all over for Lee if he bites....

You honestly believe Lee is unhittable?
roll.gif
........You dudes are funny...

Another thing. Tyson was DEADLY accurate with his punching angles. The man was always on the button. He's not slow. Even a grazing blow that might knock Lee off balance for a second could allow Tyson to follow up with a devestating shot...

You guys don't understand how good Tyson was beyond his brute strength. He was technically sound.
What i'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Tyson so hard knowing that his art had him train EXCLUSIVELY in upper body combat.

What I'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Lee so hard knowing his fight experience was limited to fairy tales, amateurs, and street thugs.
Because if Bruce Lee can live up to half of his legend, that means he's quick enough to kick Mike Tyson in the nuts before Mike knows what's going on.
laugh.gif
....Wow....Just wow....

By the time he gets that kick off Lee's head will be "excused" from his body...
Why? Because when Lee let that kick off Tyson reacted with a right-hook.

I'd be willing to bet Tysons hand speed > Lee's kicking speed...
I'm assuming you don't know what a proper kick looks like, cuz if you're doing it right, the guy you're kicking can't punchyou in the head.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThiPham

I'm in love with bruce lee as much as the rest of you guys, but lets be realistic..

I'm going with tyson..

why: 1. he was a real professional fighter, fighting other real professional fighters. He wasn't beating up on 7 ft. tall basketball players, or the bad guys in the green hornet. Tyson was (in his prime), simply killing some of the best boxers in the world, at the time.
2. size. No way is 145 pound bruce lee surviving a direct hit from 220 pound tyson. he's just too damn light. If tyson cleanly connects, its a wrap.
3. Credibility: there is actual evidence for tysons ability, rather than hear-say, or movies. When was the last time any of you saw a real bruce lee fight..like a real one?
..to quote someone else from a different forum who was responding to a similar question (in his case, it was lee vs ali) : "He [Bruce lee] represents in most peoples mind the mythical Kung Fu master, An unstoppable, undefeatable force. To bad this is not true. Men Like Benny Urqidez, Joe Lewis and even some of the top MMA fighters do not get the recognition and prestige as Bruce Lee does and these individuals were and are REAL FIGHTERS."

bruce lee didnt need to show himself up for the things he was capable of maybe he was an actor because he was well known for the things he was capable of doing. have you ever thought about martial arts as self defence? he would fight someone if they would come after him. not fight people to prove himself he was the best? ever seen the movie yip man he didnt go around and fight every martial art style to prove he was the best, he master one style and continue to learn a new one...

1. Learn to spell
2. Boxing is a form of self-defense more than anything....Its about counter-punching. Its all about being able to efficiently dispose of your opponent bytaking as little punishment as possible while dealing back as much punishment as possible.
3. Grammar needs work too.

Mayweather? The man has been fighting since he was in pampers...Dude was 10-0 before he learned to walk...

bruce lee only did acting to show what type of thing people should be aware about with martial art...and you dont think there are some chinesepeople that learned kung fu before they walked...like one of the dude stated... with a lot of muscle mass you arent *+* fast as a a thin muscular person likebruce lee..

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

But realistically...

Who is to say Bruce Lee would have ever put himself in a position as intelligent and aware as he was a martial artist to allow someone who is known to do one thing well and that's punch...?

C'mon...that's like saying if someone ran out into the highway at night and were not paying attention to oncoming traffic that they'd not end up in serious condition.
indifferent.gif

We all know Tyson was a power guy. Had an attack first mode. But I'd pick Bruce Lee 99 out of 100 times to put Tyson on his back. Even guys like Michael Spinks ended up beating Tyson in his prime.......I know anyone can take an L at any time including Lee...but I just don't see how a guy as physically fit as Lee was and as astute as he was in the martial arts to allow himself to become vulnerable to a guy who can only punch hard.

UMMMM Guys like Michael Spinks...

Guys like Michael Spinks are BEASTLY DUDES...

BTW Mike Spinks got his @(#*# handed to him by Tyson IN THE FIRST ROUND...

TYSON KO 1 vs SPINKS...

I'm done, not even going to argue with dudes who don't know a thing about the boxing game....Please....

Get outta here with that nonsense!
laugh.gif
We're not talking a boxer vs. aboxer here. It takes years and years of practice and dedication to be the kind of fighter that Bruce Lee was. I know about boxing homie. Don't try to playme with that B.S. just because you don't agree with my assessment.

I'm assuming you don't know what a proper kick looks like, cuz if you're doing it right, the guy you're kicking can't punch you in the head.
laugh.gif

All depends on who you're trying to kick.....Even if done right.

I'm assuming you don't know what a proper kick looks like, cuz if you're doing it right, the guy you're kicking can't punch you in the head.
laugh.gif

All depends on who you're trying to kick.....Even if done right.

...so you're telling me Mike Tyson's arm reach would be longer than Bruce Lee's leg + upper body ?

Alright. I'm done with this convo.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThiPham

I'm going with tyson..

bruce lee didnt need to show himself up for the things he was capable of maybe he was an actor because he was well known for the things he was capable of doing. have you ever thought about martial arts as self defence? he would fight someone if they would come after him. not fight people to prove himself he was the best? ever seen the movie yip man he didnt go around and fight every martial art style to prove he was the best, he master one style and continue to learn a new one...
you sound like you're bruce's girlfriend or something...trying to stick up for him; using the same "in-theory" logic, alwaysemployed by people who have no real evidence for things. "Maybes" dont exist. It either is, or isnt.

But realistically...

Who is to say Bruce Lee would have ever put himself in a position as intelligent and aware as he was a martial artist to allow someone who is known to do one thing well and that's punch...?

C'mon...that's like saying if someone ran out into the highway at night and were not paying attention to oncoming traffic that they'd not end up in serious condition.
indifferent.gif

We all know Tyson was a power guy. Had an attack first mode. But I'd pick Bruce Lee 99 out of 100 times to put Tyson on his back. Even guys like Michael Spinks ended up beating Tyson in his prime.......I know anyone can take an L at any time including Lee...but I just don't see how a guy as physically fit as Lee was and as astute as he was in the martial arts to allow himself to become vulnerable to a guy who can only punch hard.

UMMMM Guys like Michael Spinks...

Guys like Michael Spinks are BEASTLY DUDES...

BTW Mike Spinks got his @(#*# handed to him by Tyson IN THE FIRST ROUND...

TYSON KO 1 vs SPINKS...

I'm done, not even going to argue with dudes who don't know a thing about the boxing game....Please....

Get outta here with that nonsense!
laugh.gif
We're not talking a boxer vs. a boxer here. It takes years and years of practice and dedication to be the kind of fighter that Bruce Lee was. I know about boxing homie. Don't try to play me with that B.S. just because you don't agree with my assessment.
So you're saying it doesn't take years of dedication and practice to be the type of fighter Spinks, Tyson, etc were?

You clearly don't know a thing about boxing man, I'm just saying....You're not speaking intelligently about the sport. All you're doing isdismissing it as some pedestrian slug fest that requires no experience...

what are you basing that on?

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

rckybadman sound mad ignorant.

Bruce fought the best fighters in the world and beat them to within inches of their lives in no-holds barred street fights.

JKD is apex of street fighting....Bruce was more of a street fighter than Mike.

The angles, counters, traps and dirty attacks in JKD and Philippino Dirty Boxing are no joke.

With that said its not an easy decision, Mike strength was suprehuman and his defense was superb but boxing training is a rigid discipline made to suit sports purposes....Bruce was a professional street fighter. If Bruce tried to show up Mike in straight on boxing for even a second, Tyson would evade counter and Bruce would be comatose. But Lee was too smart, quick and a master of street fighting to do that. A lower leg kick fast than the eye can see, followed by a jab to divert and throw MIke off would be enough to get his back...a focused one inch punch to the kidney of spinal column and Mike is paralyzed perhaps permaently. Or he could choke him out or snap his neck.

Bruce would win IMO. Too many styles, too many angels, a master of street fighter and a PhD in methods of instant death.

Bruce was 5'7" and he treated 7 foot Kareem like a rag doll.

For those that don't know that much about, y'all might think that its all talk and myth but dude was like the Einstein of Modern Martial Arts with the status of Jordan in his respective field.

Bruce-Lee-Photo-3.jpg
gameofdeath2.jpg

Chuck Norris was his son.

bruce%20lee%20beats%20up%20chuck%20norris.jpg

The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wall
Bob Wall, USPK karate champion and co-star in Enter the Dragon, recalled a particularly serious encounter that transpired after a film extra kept taunting Lee. The extra yelled that Lee was "a movie star, not a martial artist," that he "wasn't much of a fighter." Lee answered his taunts by asking him to jump down from the wall he was sitting on. Bob Wall described Lee's opponent as "a gang-banger type of guy from Hong Kong," a "damned good martial artist," and observed that he was fast, strong, and bigger than Bruce.[sup][25][/sup]

Wall recalled the confrontation in detail:
"This kid was good. He was strong and fast, and he was really trying to punch Bruce's brains in. But Bruce just methodically took him apart."[sup][26][/sup]"Bruce kept moving so well, this kid couldn't touch him...Then all of a sudden, Bruce got him and rammed his *%@ with the wall and swept him up, proceeding to drop him and plant his knee into his opponent's chest, locked his arm out straight, and nailed him in the face repeatedly."[sup][27][/sup]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#cite_note-26[/sup]

Lee also appeared at the 1967 Long Beach International Karate Championships[sup][39][/sup] and performed various demonstrations, including the famous "unstoppable punch" against USKA world karate champion Vic Moore. Lee told Moore that he was going to throw a straight punch to the face, and all he had to do was to try and block it. Lee took several steps back and asked if Moore was ready, when Moore nodded in affirmation, Lee glided towards him until he was within striking range. He then threw a straight punch directly at Moore's face, and stopped before impact. In eight attempts, Moore failed to block any of the punches.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#cite_note-41

thnx for tha info i gotta read up lee............

anybody kno where i can get that pic of lee throwin the kick in the air to kareem in a better resolution......... that would b a sick restoration or poster

Do you know how much strength it takes to knock someone down from one inch away?

Tyson is one of my favorite athletes (you should check his documentary) but he stands no chance against Bruce Lee. As mentioned already, Bruce spent his wholelife training and learning ANY and EVERY form of martial arts out there. (He was a great philosopher also) Tyson wouldn't know how to defend Lee'skicks or grappling skills. The only way Tyson would ever win a fight with Lee is with a lucky punch.

dream match would be bruce lee/ jet li and ali/tyson.. all in their prime... still have to go with martial arts.. you can dodge and block but what is tyson orali gonna do when they get a low kick on their leg... cant dodge that...4 weapons(feet and fists) against 2 weapons (fists)...mm that's not very hard tofigure out... just cause martial artists arent as big as boxer doesn't mean a thing!!

what are you basing that on?

Actual fights against professional fighters....

An actual fighting record...Actual exploits to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom