......DELETE.........

pimp.gif

keep the cards man. Ure hobby of collecting MJ cards is a great story u can tell ure kids, and it'll show them that having a hobby is something important.KEEP THE CARDS MAN

very nice collection--i used to collect basketball cards in elementary school while they were a big deal--but mainly penny hardaway cards.

now i look back and it was such a waste of money--which I am beginning to look at my shoe collection the same way...it's like hey, why was one card worthmore than the other as it was 'rare' when the factory can easily just print some more? It's not like shoes or cards are made of limited materials(precious metals/stones/etc.) for them to be 'limited' and thus worth more

anyways, I like the fact that you are actually giving it away as I'm sure you had to work pretty hard to get a lot of those cards back then

Originally Posted by jazz145

You should really keep those my man, there is no use of giving all that away. I mean its something that you used to care about a lot and if i were you i would hang on to them just to remember what things used to be like back then. I used to buy cards and collect also but then i just didn't care anymore and lost interest. I still have my cards too with no intentions of letting go of them. But at the end of the day they are yours so do what you want. If you dont want them just sell them, I mean you could get some good money for those. Just my opinion.

I held on for so long, some for nearly 20 years. I lost interest in 95 and made several attempts to get rid of them. I even paid $40 for a table at a card showthat year to sell my cards. With nearly 2 hours left in the event, no one wanted my cards, so I was forced to sell them at 1/5 beckett value or less, just tomake up for my spending and my lunch. At the end of the day, I didn't cover. Wasted 9 hours of my time, and the cards I sold couldn't make up the moneyI spent for the card show, basically I gave away 40+ cards for free, and some of them were good inserts. Then several years ago, I went card shop hopping in 1single day. I offered 25 cents a piece, but dealers could care less. That was the day I trashed whatever I was carrying, luckily it wasnt my entire collection.
Originally Posted by XanGelicO

seems like everybody is on it~
lol
u r having hard time to think which one u shud give to~

unbelievable man, I never had so much messages in my inbox, about 1/3 are from my area. 1 guy is about a block from me.
Originally Posted by 20Jeff20

you should really just put them in a binder and keep them, it wouldn't take up that much space...save them for your son or a little cousin or someone like that someday.

Yes, I have half of them in binders, the ones in sheets. I know I have more than 800, maybe 900 or so, I just havent found them. I know my cards, and there aresome that are not in the pictures.
Originally Posted by dakid42

keep the cards man. Ure hobby of collecting MJ cards is a great story u can tell ure kids, and it'll show them that having a hobby is something important. KEEP THE CARDS MAN

This was my passion and my hobby back in the day. I get a lot of people telling me to keep them. But seriously I have no regrets. I had given away my entireplastic model kit collection before, I had also given away 35 pairs of my Jordan shoe collection. I can probably make some cash selling these on ebay, but Iwont bother. It's not about the money, I'd rather give this collection to someone who is fan of the GOAT and have the same passion I used to have, thanto someone who offers me $500 with the intent of reselling them as a whole or individually. I actually thought about just handing this collection to any kid inpublic wearing a Jordan jersey. And that would be the end of that.
Originally Posted by nbloomaz

very nice collection--i used to collect basketball cards in elementary school while they were a big deal--but mainly penny hardaway cards.

now i look back and it was such a waste of money--which I am beginning to look at my shoe collection the same way...it's like hey, why was one card worth more than the other as it was 'rare' when the factory can easily just print some more? It's not like shoes or cards are made of limited materials (precious metals/stones/etc.) for them to be 'limited' and thus worth more

anyways, I like the fact that you are actually giving it away as I'm sure you had to work pretty hard to get a lot of those cards back then

Yes, I sure worked hard for these. I remember being under 18 and a closing manager for a fast food restaurant, working 40 hours a week. I didnt even realize atthe time that students cant work more than 40 hours in a single week. I still got my whole check, dont know how my boss manage to keep it low profile, not juston me but among other employees. I got paid biweekly, and it was straight to any of the 4 local card shops on payday. If it wasnt packs, it was boxes andindividual MJ cards.

People ask me what happened??????, I was the biggest Michael Jordan fan they knew. My art once appeared on the Air Jordan XVII ad for Footlocker, Finishline,Footaction. I used to have a huge Jordan shoe collection like most of the people here on NT. I called in sick when MJ and the Bulls were in town, and got allmy tickets from scalpers. I even went several times to watch the man play celebrity golf. And now this? Truth is, I'm a Michael Jordan FOR LIFE. I may nothad the biggest shoe collection, I may not had the biggest Jordan memorabilia collection, but one thing I have is all the ESPN SPORTSCENTER highlights of EVERYMichael Jordan/Bulls game from his last 3 years with the Bulls. Yes, I have it all on VHS, I recorded and compiled each Sportscenter coverage of each Bullsgame (regular season, playoffs, Finals, and even some preseason). I can watch MJ and the Bulls Last Dance in more than 3 hours. That's just 1 singleseason, I also have the previous 2 championships seasons. I could never get tired watching them. I guess I can call it a collection, and these tapes are one ofmy most precious Jordan-related items in my possession.

I have SOOOO many different cards and they all feel like a waste (basketball, baseball, football, comic, Magic). God, my Dad use to get so mad at my mom forbuying them for me and now I see why. Once I had my own money he couldnt believe I'd still spend it on cards. Some in binders, some in boxes, god what ahuge waste of my parents money and then some of mine when I got a little older. I stopped in early HS and have all the cards in various places at my parentshouse. They ask me I'll the time to come get them but I never do.
laugh.gif

On top of cards add in comic books and beanie babies too. Yeah, go ahead and hate on the beanie babies, but I got them for free and thought I was going to beable to flip them on eBay some day. Yeahhhhhhhhhh rightttttttttttt.

I don't think it's a wise decision to give away countless vintage MJ cards in what appears to be mint condition...

But they are your cards and you are free to do anything you want with em'....

If you want, I'll take em' even though I'm located in Pennsylvania. Would pay the shipping too.
grin.gif

Well, there were a lot of you guys that were interested in these. I'm sorry I can not respond to each and every one of the 50+ messages I received. ButThank You for all the offers, unfortunately I can only choose one person to have this collection. Yes, I know it's MJ, the Greatest Basketball Player inthe History of Mankind, but they're just cards. And it's pointless keeping these in storage, like it's been the past decade or so. I guess I justview things differently. This was a NOT gimmick like someone mentioned, maybe the person that receives this collection will post pictures of the cardsafterwards. And as the title says, Yes it is FREE. I'll also be giving up my whole Jordan book and magazine collection, I just got tired digging andreorganizing boxes in my storage.

MightyMYT wrote:
Well, there were a lot of you guys that were interested in these. I'm sorry I can not respond to each and every one of the 50+ messages I received. But Thank You for all the offers, unfortunately I can only choose one person to have this collection. Yes, I know it's MJ, the Greatest Basketball Player in the History of Mankind, but they're just cards. And it's pointless keeping these in storage, like it's been the past decade or so. I guess I just view things differently. This was a NOT gimmick like someone mentioned, maybe the person that receives this collection will post pictures of the cards afterwards. And as the title says, Yes it is FREE. I'll also be giving up my whole Jordan book and magazine collection, I just got tired digging and reorganizing boxes in my storage.

mad.gif
WOW! I wish we were neighbors for a day
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

As a former card collector (mostly Jordan), I feel this guy. Looking back at the money I wasted and what its actually worth now... man.

damn?! i would just keep them if i were you. those suckers are about to up its value in the near future. or you can just sell them, and buy more j's withthem
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom