Delete

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/niners-to-relea.html
Niners to release QB Nate Davis

The 49ers plan to release quarterback Nate Davis today, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Davis has been the team's No. 3 quarterback, but Mike Singletary has said recently that the team was not happy with his development. Shortly after the 49ers' preseason finale, Singletary said that Davis' spot on the team was tenuous.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/niners-to-relea.html#ixzz0ynHkRNO6

94425f3e90b01a2d4c12c6a2c83f5fb911d7138.gif

49ers signed QB Troy Smith to a one-year deal.

Smith will have a hard time beating out backup David Carr, but he's a much better No. 3 than recently cut Nate Davis. It's a nice signing for the team, but they're hoping that the former Ohio State star never has to see the field.

Originally Posted by offbad

rumor has it VD was pissed at Crabtree for not taking training camp and pre-season seriously.

Yup..If this is true, I side with Vernon..
I agree.  I like that Davis took it upon himself to put Crabtree in his place.  He might have went about it the wrong way but you gotta love and appreciate that type of intensity even for practice.

This game has shown why Nate Davis shouldn't be considered as a #1 yet.
As if seeing years and years of bad performance from Alex Smith qualifies him for a #1 job??  Too bad Nate isn't with us any longer, sad to see him go, but yet instill Alex Smith still has a job........THIS CAN'T BE LIFE!!

For a team with a legit shot at the division, mainly predicated upon their D, it really is stunning how Alex Smith is still the starting QB.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

As if seeing years and years of bad performance from Alex Smith qualifies him for a #1 job??  Too bad Nate isn't with us any longer, sad to see him go, but yet instill Alex Smith still has a job........THIS CAN'T BE LIFE!!

QFT!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

blasphemy! why didnt they just keep nate seriously

How many years do you expect it to take an NFL QB to learn a playbook?

Back
Top Bottom