delete

idk how you can compare players of different positions. Unless you're ONLY talking about their impact on games. But as an actual BASKETBALL PLAYER? You can't.

I guess he's saying overall greatness.

idk how you can compare players of different positions. Unless you're ONLY talking about their impact on games. But as an actual BASKETBALL PLAYER? You can't.

I guess he's saying overall greatness.

You gotta be kidding me to say that Kobe isn't in the top 5. He definately is w/o a doubt to me. Besides mike, who's better then Bean? Someone tell me so I can shoot that nonsense down

You gotta be kidding me to say that Kobe isn't in the top 5. He definately is w/o a doubt to me. Besides mike, who's better then Bean? Someone tell me so I can shoot that nonsense down

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

chillainvillain wrote:
51and3rd wrote:
3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

I agree.
I actually think Kobe is the good best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker  takes the strongest Stamina HGH strand known to man when it comes to basketball I believe. The dude lives and breathes basketball. He wasn't all that skilled in the beginning and now he's arguably the most skilled player of all time prevalent HGH user in the NBA.

Fixed
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

chillainvillain wrote:
51and3rd wrote:
3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

I agree.
I actually think Kobe is the good best... you now what, nevermind i'll say this... Kobe is the hardest worker  takes the strongest Stamina HGH strand known to man when it comes to basketball I believe. The dude lives and breathes basketball. He wasn't all that skilled in the beginning and now he's arguably the most skilled player of all time prevalent HGH user in the NBA.

Fixed
wink.gif

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

bijald0331 wrote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

i wouldnt say greatest pg in nba history, that belongs to john stockton

You should retire from Niketalk, effective immediately.  
indifferent.gif

whats wrong with calling stockton the greatest pg. the guy has the most assist and steals in nba history and no one is coming close to those numbers and also one of the most durable players in sports.

Stockton played like 20 years to get those stats.  So numbers don't really mean a whole lot.  Look at it this way, he and another hall of famer played together for damn near 20 years.  They failed every single year to even make the finals until the very very end of their career.  Reason?  The elite Western conference guys were gone by then.  Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem.  THEN, and only then did they manage to make it to the finals.  (only to lose to an Eastern elite)

Anyhoo, what happened to the Jazz in the playoffs any time they facd a Magic led Lakers squad?  Didn't work out too well for Stock now did it?  Magic was a 6-9 PG.  John was a 6-0 white guy.  Doesn't take a genius to see that Stock wasn't really the greatest PG to live on this Earth.  He was great, sure, but he couldn't do the things that Magic could do on a basketball court.  And give Magic another 5 years of playing without HIV and that assist record that John has wouldn't be reached. 
wink.gif

Bingo! Exactly why #8 has not, is not and will not fade MJ...less efficient, bit too hard, seen it before and done better...shall i go on? #8 will play until he gets 7 rings just to prove a point which will prob take him very close to 20 years where as MJ did it in basically 12 full seasons as a Bull. Oh btw that Stockton argument is debatable. I give the edge to Earvin but John was one stellar PG n so what his skin color n height...dude ran the hell out of his team coupled with the heart of a lion

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

bijald0331 wrote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King

I think alot of people in here are either too young or simply don't know their NBA history.  Magic put the Lakers on the map, no doubt about it, all Kobe did was help carry on the tradition.  Also, without Magic, Larry Bird one of the the top 5 players of all-time ends his career with 7 or 8 championships rings, instead he ended his career with just 3.  There's a reason for that, and his name is Magic.  I think dudes really don't know the history of the Lakers and Celtics and what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. 

Where do you get this stuff? Ever heard of Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, hell George Mikan...? 
laugh.gif
  Of course Magic and Larry took it to another level but for you to insinuate that the Lakers were not "on the map" before Earvin's arrival, well then I don't know who needs a history lesson more. 
Magic and Kobe are incredibly close. I don't see a clear winner in that battle.  Magic is the greatest PG in NBA history, bar none. If I had to pick, I would say Magic. If he didn't retire in 1991, his career statistics would be eye-popping. Kobe's career statistics will be. 

Like it's crazy to look at Magic's playoff stats. He avg 19.5, 12 and 8 in the playoffs... 
sick.gif

i wouldnt say greatest pg in nba history, that belongs to john stockton

You should retire from Niketalk, effective immediately.  
indifferent.gif

whats wrong with calling stockton the greatest pg. the guy has the most assist and steals in nba history and no one is coming close to those numbers and also one of the most durable players in sports.

Stockton played like 20 years to get those stats.  So numbers don't really mean a whole lot.  Look at it this way, he and another hall of famer played together for damn near 20 years.  They failed every single year to even make the finals until the very very end of their career.  Reason?  The elite Western conference guys were gone by then.  Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem.  THEN, and only then did they manage to make it to the finals.  (only to lose to an Eastern elite)

Anyhoo, what happened to the Jazz in the playoffs any time they facd a Magic led Lakers squad?  Didn't work out too well for Stock now did it?  Magic was a 6-9 PG.  John was a 6-0 white guy.  Doesn't take a genius to see that Stock wasn't really the greatest PG to live on this Earth.  He was great, sure, but he couldn't do the things that Magic could do on a basketball court.  And give Magic another 5 years of playing without HIV and that assist record that John has wouldn't be reached. 
wink.gif

Bingo! Exactly why #8 has not, is not and will not fade MJ...less efficient, bit too hard, seen it before and done better...shall i go on? #8 will play until he gets 7 rings just to prove a point which will prob take him very close to 20 years where as MJ did it in basically 12 full seasons as a Bull. Oh btw that Stockton argument is debatable. I give the edge to Earvin but John was one stellar PG n so what his skin color n height...dude ran the hell out of his team coupled with the heart of a lion

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Magic can't even beat Kobe on a good day. People just love to find reason to hate on Kobe

A team consisting of Kobe + four players couldn't beat a team consisting of Magic + the exact same four players even on Magic's worst day.

You can take your 1 on 1 talk to the local playgrounds and argue with someone else who wasn't born when Boyz N The Hood came out.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Magic can't even beat Kobe on a good day. People just love to find reason to hate on Kobe

A team consisting of Kobe + four players couldn't beat a team consisting of Magic + the exact same four players even on Magic's worst day.

You can take your 1 on 1 talk to the local playgrounds and argue with someone else who wasn't born when Boyz N The Hood came out.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

You just can't help people like this. 
tired.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

tired.gif
Not when their right

Originally Posted by bijald0331

tired.gif
Not when their right

I'm not sure why we're talking about a guy who has been under 47% shooting in every single season of his career as being potentially the second greatest player of all time, but that's just me.

I'm not sure why we're talking about a guy who has been under 47% shooting in every single season of his career as being potentially the second greatest player of all time, but that's just me.

All you haters need stop fronting. I'm far from a Kobe fan, but no one to ever play the game has the variety of skills that he's brought to the game. Every single year the lovely people at ESPN hype someone up to the next big thing, but Bryant just goes to the gym, puts in work, and comes back every season with something new to his arsenal of moves. No one in the history of the game (not even the beloved Michael Jordan) has the offensive prowess that Kobe possesses.

And before you MJ fanboys come to his rescue and tell me I didnt see him or Magic play, I've witnessed all of them in the prime of their careers.

All you haters need stop fronting. I'm far from a Kobe fan, but no one to ever play the game has the variety of skills that he's brought to the game. Every single year the lovely people at ESPN hype someone up to the next big thing, but Bryant just goes to the gym, puts in work, and comes back every season with something new to his arsenal of moves. No one in the history of the game (not even the beloved Michael Jordan) has the offensive prowess that Kobe possesses.

And before you MJ fanboys come to his rescue and tell me I didnt see him or Magic play, I've witnessed all of them in the prime of their careers.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm not sure why we're talking about a guy who has been under 47% shooting for his entire career as being potentially the second greatest player of all time, but that's just me.
You're better then that, come on. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm not sure why we're talking about a guy who has been under 47% shooting for his entire career as being potentially the second greatest player of all time, but that's just me.
You're better then that, come on. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom