delete

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Naw I think Duncan and SHAQ can be 1a 1b of this era.
Kobe is a solid 2.
But it really doesn't matter. Just happy to get one of them on my team.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

That's nice, when they are done, history will show Kobe as being ahead of Tim.  

Naw I think Duncan and SHAQ can be 1a 1b of this era.
Kobe is a solid 2.
But it really doesn't matter. Just happy to get one of them on my team.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

Right now Kobe, Shaq and Duncan are 1a, 1b, 1c...There is no clear best player of the generation yet but if Kobe wins this year he ends the debate it's pretty simple.

Right now Kobe, Shaq and Duncan are 1a, 1b, 1c...There is no clear best player of the generation yet but if Kobe wins this year he ends the debate it's pretty simple.

CP1708 wrote:

How so?
KOBE being ROBIN to SHAQ in the 00-02 championship run. Then MIA for 3 years because of not having a BIG MAN.
Gasol then gift wrap to LA for 3 straight Finals.
If anything I would put KOBE on Pippen's level. Thats not bad at all.

But both TIMMY and Kobe are not done yet. lets just enjoy these last few years man
pimp.gif

EDIT plus Barkley said this he is just as worse as Jalen ROSE

CP1708 wrote:

How so?
KOBE being ROBIN to SHAQ in the 00-02 championship run. Then MIA for 3 years because of not having a BIG MAN.

But both TIMMY and Kobe are not done yet. lets just enjoy these last few years man
pimp.gif

EDIT plus Barkley said this he is just as worse as Jalen ROSE

Kobe is way better than Pippen, get real. Pippen gets so much love on this board... it's ridiculous. Makes it seem like he was an equal part to the Bulls success or something
laugh.gif

Kobe is miles ahead of Pippen.

Kobe is way better than Pippen, get real. Pippen gets so much love on this board... it's ridiculous. Makes it seem like he was an equal part to the Bulls success or something
laugh.gif

Kobe is miles ahead of Pippen.

Originally Posted by CP1708

How so?
KOBE being ROBIN to SHAQ in the 00-02 chapionship run. Then MIA for 3 years because of not having a BIG MAN.

pimp.gif

roll.gif
Pippen

Anyone who thinks that is @#$%^& stupid and it's pointless to talk about. 

Kobe is what exactly?  4th all time playoff points?  Yeah, Pippenesque. 
roll.gif

The things people come up with around here. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

How so?
KOBE being ROBIN to SHAQ in the 00-02 chapionship run. Then MIA for 3 years because of not having a BIG MAN.

pimp.gif

roll.gif
Pippen

Anyone who thinks that is @#$%^& stupid and it's pointless to talk about. 

Kobe is what exactly?  4th all time playoff points?  Yeah, Pippenesque. 
roll.gif

The things people come up with around here. 

I would say Kobe should be 1. He has been dominant for mostly every year of this era, while shaq started to fall off towards the end. Kobe's been consistent with his scoring and there really hasn't been a year where people were talking about him falling off (like Tmac, Shaq, etc)

I would say Kobe should be 1. He has been dominant for mostly every year of this era, while shaq started to fall off towards the end. Kobe's been consistent with his scoring and there really hasn't been a year where people were talking about him falling off (like Tmac, Shaq, etc)

pimp.gif
And for the record, Duncan is done being an elite player.  He's gone.  Kobe?  Still goin strong.  So quit comparing the two.  Dunc's days are over.  He's in that Reggie Miller mode, solid starter for his career franchise, but his days of running things are OVER.  Everyone sees that, except for yup, you guessed it, Spurs fans. 
laugh.gif

Anfd don't ever say Gasol was gift wrapped again.  Duncan was gift wrapped just the same when D Robinson took the season off.  Healthy David = no Tim Duncan for the Spurs.  So spare me the gift wrapped garbage that Pop spews like an idiot. 
eyes.gif

pimp.gif
And for the record, Duncan is done being an elite player.  He's gone.  Kobe?  Still goin strong.  So quit comparing the two.  Dunc's days are over.  He's in that Reggie Miller mode, solid starter for his career franchise, but his days of running things are OVER.  Everyone sees that, except for yup, you guessed it, Spurs fans. 
laugh.gif

Anfd don't ever say Gasol was gift wrapped again.  Duncan was gift wrapped just the same when D Robinson took the season off.  Healthy David = no Tim Duncan for the Spurs.  So spare me the gift wrapped garbage that Pop spews like an idiot. 
eyes.gif

He has been dominant for mostly every year of this era, while shaq started to fall off towards the end.

probably because he came in 4 years earlier, and 5 earlier than Tim.

he's slightly off in terms of this 'era' if you compare those 3 straight up...and MJ likely took a 5th ring away from him in 96. Kobe and TD didn't have that happen.

His era was split into MJ's time and in the Kobe/TD era you guys are discussing.

I'm 24, and Shaq places 2nd to MJ for guys I've grown up watching.

He has been dominant for mostly every year of this era, while shaq started to fall off towards the end.

probably because he came in 4 years earlier, and 5 earlier than Tim.

he's slightly off in terms of this 'era' if you compare those 3 straight up...and MJ likely took a 5th ring away from him in 96. Kobe and TD didn't have that happen.

His era was split into MJ's time and in the Kobe/TD era you guys are discussing.

I'm 24, and Shaq places 2nd to MJ for guys I've grown up watching.

Ehh, Duncan is certainly better than Reggie Miller now, that's a lil bit of a stretch CP, cause let's be real, if I need a big for one game, there still aren't many I'm taking over Duncan.  And 10-1 speaks for itself, although I don't buy them as contenders at all.

This fool really had the audacity to say Pippen though
30t6p3b.gif
. Right now, you can put Shaq, Duncan and Kobe anywhere from 5-10 all-time and it wouldn't be wrong.

Ehh, Duncan is certainly better than Reggie Miller now, that's a lil bit of a stretch CP, cause let's be real, if I need a big for one game, there still aren't many I'm taking over Duncan.  And 10-1 speaks for itself, although I don't buy them as contenders at all.

30t6p3b.gif
. Right now, you can put Shaq, Duncan and Kobe anywhere from 5-10 all-time and it wouldn't be wrong.

They aren't 10-1 because of Tim though, look. 
nerd.gif

That's what I mean by Reggie. Reggie was still a good player at the end, but he wasn't the same obviously, hence the comparison. 

They aren't 10-1 because of Tim though, look. 
nerd.gif

That's what I mean by Reggie. Reggie was still a good player at the end, but he wasn't the same obviously, hence the comparison. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

30t6p3b.gif
Why not?

I was joking about the Pippen part tho.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

30t6p3b.gif
Why not?

I was joking about the Pippen part tho.
nerd.gif

Why aren't they contenders? Cause Duncan can't do what he used to do every night.  If you need him to go out and give you a Duncan 25-15 one night, he can do that but not routinely over the course of a 7 game series.  They're the old wily vets now, they are smarter than all the other teams but at some point they just don't have the horsepower to win it all.  They do have one that Thoroughbred of a player who can just take over a series anymore.  If Nash somehow joined the team I'd revisit that statement though
nerd.gif

And it still is cause of Duncan cause he still makes all those guys around him so much better just by being on the floor in a way Reggie never could.

Why aren't they contenders? Cause Duncan can't do what he used to do every night.  If you need him to go out and give you a Duncan 25-15 one night, he can do that but not routinely over the course of a 7 game series.  They're the old wily vets now, they are smarter than all the other teams but at some point they just don't have the horsepower to win it all.  They do have one that Thoroughbred of a player who can just take over a series anymore.  If Nash somehow joined the team I'd revisit that statement though
nerd.gif

And it still is cause of Duncan cause he still makes all those guys around him so much better just by being on the floor in a way Reggie never could.

Back
Top Bottom