delete

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

The single most complete player to ever step foot on an NBA court.

I have to get back to you on that one. But on initial thought, I can't think of anyone else other than LeBronze. Hmmm, I have to think about it.

I have to get back to you on that one. But on initial thought, I can't think of anyone else other than LeBronze. Hmmm, I have to think about it.

He was a beast. My favorite player growing up. Defense was impeccable, one on one and playing the passing lanes, plus he would come from behind for blocks like Bron. Offense was nice too, jumpers off the backboard, slash to the rim, and a decent 3.

He was a beast. My favorite player growing up. Defense was impeccable, one on one and playing the passing lanes, plus he would come from behind for blocks like Bron. Offense was nice too, jumpers off the backboard, slash to the rim, and a decent 3.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

As solid as anyone might say Lebron's defense is, it's not on Pippen's level.

He legitimately guarded 5 positions. Putting Pip on a 4 was so common place it was hardly ever mentioned despite the fact that there was a 6'7" 225 pound dude guarding some gorillas in the post.

On his ability to create people always talk about how he was able to play point forward in Chicago but people forget that he played point GUARD for a season in Portland.

As in when they announced the starting lineups there was Pip's ugly mug smiling back from the starting guard graphic.

As solid as anyone might say Lebron's defense is, it's not on Pippen's level.

He legitimately guarded 5 positions. Putting Pip on a 4 was so common place it was hardly ever mentioned despite the fact that there was a 6'7" 225 pound dude guarding some gorillas in the post.

On his ability to create people always talk about how he was able to play point forward in Chicago but people forget that he played point GUARD for a season in Portland.

As in when they announced the starting lineups there was Pip's ugly mug smiling back from the starting guard graphic.

Scottie > baby bron, though, on defense.

One of the best to ever do it.  And he gave us these:

image.axd

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

could dominate if he still played today.  i remember in the two finals series vs. the jazz, him guarding all five positions multiple times.  man, if i wasn't trying to watch this game i could go on and on....

could dominate if he still played today.  i remember in the two finals series vs. the jazz, him guarding all five positions multiple times.  man, if i wasn't trying to watch this game i could go on and on....

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

No, I wasn't saying LeBron was equal to or greater than Pippen in terms of versatility, I was just trying to think of anyone that is that versatile. Defensively, Pippen gets the nod, but remember LeBron isn't a finished product. He has a lot of time to improve even more on the defensive end. 
Those Blazers teams with Pippen at the point were nice. I used to love them on the old 2K's. 

No, I wasn't saying LeBron was equal to or greater than Pippen in terms of versatility, I was just trying to think of anyone that is that versatile. Defensively, Pippen gets the nod, but remember LeBron isn't a finished product. He has a lot of time to improve even more on the defensive end. 
Those Blazers teams with Pippen at the point were nice. I used to love them on the old 2K's. 

Also, what makes Pippen a more complete player than Bron on offense?  I'll EASILY give Pip the defensive nod, but I'm not seeing it on the other end of the floor (in comparison). 

Also, what makes Pippen a more complete player than Bron on offense?  I'll EASILY give Pip the defensive nod, but I'm not seeing it on the other end of the floor (in comparison). 

Well the world saw what he was capable of doing without MJ....... One of the greatest players of all time.

Well the world saw what he was capable of doing without MJ....... One of the greatest players of all time.

Pip is top 5 SF of all time
he played with Jordan so he didnt put up monster stats but he did get all them rings
and complimented jordan perfectly

Pip is top 5 SF of all time
he played with Jordan so he didnt put up monster stats but he did get all them rings
and complimented jordan perfectly

Back
Top Bottom