delete

Barkley was 
pimp.gif
. I dont remember him on the Sixers though....
I'm 26 BTW.

Early Barkley on the 76ers was a freak of nature. He was playing fat but could handle the ball full court, out rebound bigs by using his rear end and being so quick off the floor, and could blow by bigger defenders by facing up and using his first step. At his best he was the legitimate MVP in 93 and his all around game was incredible. He had a post game, a face up game and then a steady outside shot which made him all sorts of dangerous. Not the best defender but had strong hands and could get off the floor for some blocks.
If he played today he would live at the free throw line. He would be like Lebron when LBJ kinda posts up and uses his strength but Barkley had way better footwork and better balance. The zone defenses might make doubling him easier and the 5 second posting up/backing down rule could affect him as he made a living backing down defenders.

If he was 6'9 or 6'10 like your average PF he would have been so much more dangerous. They listed him around the 6'6 range but he admits to being shorter himself.

On a team with no other stars, he could be top 10 scorer and top 3 rebounder

i only saw him play on the Suns and Rockets tho

Originally Posted by Biggie62

If he was 6'9 or 6'10 like your average PF he would have been so much more dangerous. They listed him around the 6'6 range but he admits to being shorter himself.

And if I was 6'4 I'd be in the NFL right now.
C'mon though...He was truly an all-time great. Knew how to play basketball and had the talent to back it up.

I remember him mostly from Phoenix when he was fantastic, and in Houston on the tail end of his career, where he was productive, but injury plagued, yet
very lucky to have Hakeem and Clyde along side him so he didn't have a huge burden on him. I still think that the Cassell, Horry, Chucky Brown & [forgot the 4th dude]
for Barkley trade was a bad one...

Barkley epitomized power and brute strength though. Dude was a bull.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I remember him mostly from Phoenix when he was fantastic, and in Houston on the tail end of his career, where he was productive, but injury plagued, yet
very lucky to have Hakeem and Clyde along side him so he didn't have a huge burden on him. I still think that the Cassell, Horry, Chucky Brown & [forgot the 4th dude]
for Barkley trade was a bad one...

Barkley epitomized power and brute strength though. Dude was a bull.

We made that trade because we couldn't beat Seattle and it worked. A bear hug away from a a possible game 7 with a trip to the Finals against the Bulls? I'd say that was a successful trade.

We were able to get past them, but I feel like we would have been better set up for the future sooner had that not went through. Felt like that
season cost us a good 3-4 years, but maybe that was a good thing since Francis and Yao came after.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by vanexellent

the 5 second posting up/backing down rule could affect him as he made a living backing down defenders.

Also known as the Barkley rule
laugh.gif

Yup the Barkley rule will slow him down..

With these refs today? Idk how dominant he'd be. Although, the trash talking alone would get him like 7-8 techs a month
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom