Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally, I have no problem with the Lakers remaining the 8 seed...as long as the Spurs are the 1
For some reason I figure they match up better with another old team...

Spurs just show why they would be an easier opponent in first round.

See? San Antonio would be an easier draw for us in first round.

You say a lot of crazy stuff but I definitely agree with this. The age of the Spurs and cuz some of their players are injury prone (seems like something always happens around playoff time) makes them a way better match-up for us. As much of a hot head Westbrook is we would still get ran out gym against OKC. I honestly think it would get ugly if we played OKC in the 1st rd.

You guys are seriously underestimating the Spurs. This Lakers team is NOTHING like the Grizzles in 11' when they purposely lost games to play San Antonio in the first round. That Grizzles team was way more physical and pounded the paint with Gasol and ZBo. Honestly, that's the secret to beating teams like the Spurs, Thunder and Heat. They all lack inside paint presence and physicality.

Sure, you guys have Howard and Gasol (Both have shown can't play together), but you guys just don't pound the paint enough. With MDA running the team, a lot of offensive possessions will be around pick and rolls, and open 3's.

A lot of analysts say the Lakers should try to get the 6 seed, but as I've said all year long--You guys do not match up well against that Denver team. They beat up the board and are way more athletic than you guys. Not to mention, they are incredible at home. You guys are better off playing OKC than Denver.

I honestly think you guys are better off playing the Clippers. Pride will be at stake and it's a better match up for you guys. I think in a 7 game series, you guys can push it to 6-7 games.

Please don't confuse me with ACB saying the Spurs would be easy. :lol:

All I'm saying is we match-up a lot better with the Spurs than OKC.

I'm tired of scorewatching.

We can't keep losing games to garbage teams then sit there and beg god for the Utah Jazz to lose.
Ridiculous man.

I mean we can, and some still will...but I dont want to.

IMO...if we cant win our way into the playoffs, then **** this team.
If we really gonna keep losing games and squeeze in because the Jazz are losing more...we're going to get murdered man.
By anyone.

You can call it being negative, but im just bein real. Until some of these major defensive lapses are addressed...we ain't doing ****.

It's been 48 hours and I'm still angry over losing to the damn Wizards.
No excuse for that one man, none at all. :smh:

I don't think the Lakers can beat ANY team not named the Clippers, but what I really came in here for was to find out the odds of getting the 6th seed, I see that everyone's given up on it, but it's still technically a possibility right?

I don't think the Lakers can beat ANY team not named the Clippers, but what I really came in here for was to find out the odds of getting the 6th seed, I see that everyone's given up on it, but it's still technically a possibility right?

With the way we've played all season, we'll be lucky to hang onto the 8th seed and sneak into the playoffs.

I try to be optimistic about this team but I'm just tired of it. The way we've been playing this season, we are gonna get KILLED in the playoffs (if we even make it). Please prove me wrong Lakers.

Last edited:
We need that W tonight.. Utah will win against Philly and Mavs is creeping..

Still mad about that Wizards game
mean.gif
i wouldnt be surprised if philly won. they show up at random times.

If the Lakers do their job, they can beat every team in the NBA... The problem is that they are inconsistent with it.

Once playoffs hit... They better be ready to do their job...

They were once 17-25. They have been 19-9 since.

Just gotta come ready to play.. They have as much talent on this team as anyone. Come in focused, come in ready to play... And stay focused 48 at a time, and they can take it.

Last edited:
Its hard to be optimistic with that team from south beach just tearin everyone a new one.
The parade will be in south beach in June. :pimp:

Bron >>>>>>>>>>> Bean
Not even close. Not by a longshot.
Miami Heat franchise > Lakers overrated franchise.

Im out.

Its hard to be optimistic with that team from south beach just tearin everyone a new one.
The parade will be in south beach in June. :pimp:

Bron >>>>>>>>>>> Bean
Not even close. Not by a longshot.
Miami Heat franchise > Lakers overrated franchise.

Im out.

I know this is your reverse jinx thing...

but this statement is accurate.

One thing on our side, the schedule the rest of the way.

12 games left on the year, 9 in California.

7 of the last 8 are at Staples, tho 1 is a "raod" game vs the Clipps.

Still, the perfect time to get healthy, well rested, get their legs under them, get some practice time in, all of it, leading up to the playoffs.

Get it to freaking gether damn it.

Sidenote, no matter what, somehow, someway, please, sign Jarrett Jack this offseason. That guy murders us, and he's EXACTLY the player we need, can play the 1 or the 2, with Nash, or with Kobe. Get him asap. I'm tired of him killing us, 3 damn West teams he's been on and been a pain in our ***. :lol:

Still, the perfect time to get healthy, well rested, get their legs under them, get some practice time in, all of it, leading up to the playoffs.

Sidenote, no matter what, somehow, someway, please, sign Jarrett Jack this offseason. That guy murders us, and he's EXACTLY the player we need, can play the 1 or the 2, with Nash, or with Kobe. Get him asap. I'm tired of him killing us, 3 damn West teams he's been on and been a pain in our ***. :lol:

Warriors aren't giving him up. You should see the fanfare he gets out here in the Bay Area, you listen to these talk shows here they basically saying he's the reason Curry is having the year he's having. Letting Curry play off the ball and shoot, I don't know his contract or what not, but it would be ridiculously stupid for the Warriors to let him go, he's potentially the 6th man of the year.

He'll just turn into steve blake :lol:

If the Lakers do their job, they can beat every team in the NBA... The problem is that they are inconsistent with it.

Once playoffs hit... They better be ready to do their job...

They were once 17-25. They have been 19-9 since.

Just gotta come ready to play.. They have as much talent on this team as anyone. Come in focused, come in ready to play... And stay focused 48 at a time, and they can take it.

You could seriously say the same thing about any team in the NBA. Every Knick fan has been saying that for two years. Know how you feel.

Matter fact this Laker season has been going exactly the same way the Knick season went last year. Same record too, Knicks started 17-25 also.

Did that dude just say Miami Heat franchise > Lakers franchise? Hahaha. Now thats obsessive hatred.

haha I've liked jarrett jack for years! Used to cook people with him on 2k. back on the hornets. I'm happy dude is finally getting his props

The Lakers do NOT want the 6th seed. If they end up being 6, they would have to play Denver in the first round and will get their ***** handed to them through game 5. Lakers can pull off 1 win, but that's it. They do not match up well against Denver and at this point, the entire league knows this as well.

If they Lakers can, they should try to get the 5th seed or whatever seed matches them up against the Clippers. They have a shot against them.

Knicks fans been talking a lot for 13 years since 99 lol. Of course nothing happen.

IDK about that homie. Knicks fans recently started talking since Amare got here. Yeah, there was chatter when the Knicks had Marbury, but the expectations weren't as high.

I don't understand this logic you guys are using in here...

wanting to match up with this team to avoid that, etc...
listen to what you all are saying...a real championship contender doesnt care who they face

like if you have to avoid certain teams on a playoff run to get to a title I wouldnt even want it, it wouldn't mean anything anymore
basically what everyone is saying is if we luck up in the 1st then what??.....lol

This season is what it is...my mind is already on the next season...I could care less about making it to the 2nd just to get embarrassed
We all NO in our hearts what a championship team looks like and this just isnt it....next year they def will be...but not this year

I no we are all trained to expect the impossible (which is why most people hate Laker fans) but it pisses me off to hear all of this playoff
matchup crap...we are the Lakers!...anyway I digress....

I don't understand this logic you guys are using in here...

wanting to match up with this team to avoid that, etc...
listen to what you all are saying...a real championship contender doesnt care who they face

...I could care less about making it to the 2nd just to get embarrassed

I no we are all trained to expect the impossible (which is why most people hate Laker fans) but it pisses me off to hear all of this playoff
matchup crap...we are the Lakers!...anyway I digress....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom