Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why the hell does it matter who we get in the first round??? are we really positioning ourselves to be second round champions? a team that atleast made it past the first round?

the main goal is title.

to get to the finals you will have to beat probably all of those high seeds.

so **** it whoever is first is first.

every series will be underdogs on the road so its whatever

Lol not OKC. If we draw OKC in first round then it will be a guarantee 5 games exit. I just don't see how we can beat them in their home court 2 times

I want either Denver or Memphis to be traffic cop and beat OKC.

We can take Clips and Spurs.

Watching that Ariza video makes me cringe. Kobe's defense was even worse than I remembered. Goes into "help" mode for no reason and never gets back to his man. Goes for steals that are not there in crunch time. Lazy and undisciplined defense.

The problem is that most of the other players are playing lazy defense as well or just don't have the ability, except for Dwight.

Dantoni had Gasol, Artest, Blake, Meeks, and Nash at one point in the game. None of those player can play any defense.

These days elite teams have role players than can play defense and knock down 3 pointers.

I'm hard on MWP, but he can't play any defense.... At all?

Do you actually watch these games?

Oh he can play some defense but overall he is average at best. Perimeter D sucks. Help D sucks. With his size and strength, he should be providing more help on the boards.

He is good in the post and gambling for steals.

Lakers better hope for OKC.

Their isolation-heavy offense, and the Lakers slow-rotating defensive players are a match made in heaven.

dgaf who we play, it's not like any matchup is easy. If we're winning a chip, we're gona have to go through SA and/or OKC anyways.

haven't posted here in a while put have lurked. the last 2 loses were killers. they need to get it together. i hope the play san antonio instead of okc if they make the playoffs.

See? San Antonio would be an easier draw for us in first round.

You say a lot of crazy stuff but I definitely agree with this. The age of the Spurs and cuz some of their players are injury prone (seems like something always happens around playoff time) makes them a way better match-up for us. As much of a hot head Westbrook is we would still get ran out gym against OKC. I honestly think it would get ugly if we played OKC in the 1st rd.

Last edited:
told you the spurs will be an easier match up. cmon! old guys vs old guys.
We cannot win against OKC's youthful stars/superstar.
I'm not crazy for picking SAS as opposed to getting OKC. :smile:

We need that W tonight.. Utah will win against Philly and Mavs is creeping..

Still mad about that Wizards game :smh:

Spurs just show why they would be an easier opponent in first round.

See? San Antonio would be an easier draw for us in first round.

You say a lot of crazy stuff but I definitely agree with this. The age of the Spurs and cuz some of their players are injury prone (seems like something always happens around playoff time) makes them a way better match-up for us. As much of a hot head Westbrook is we would still get ran out gym against OKC. I honestly think it would get ugly if we played OKC in the 1st rd.

You guys are seriously underestimating the Spurs. This Lakers team is NOTHING like the Grizzles in 11' when they purposely lost games to play San Antonio in the first round. That Grizzles team was way more physical and pounded the paint with Gasol and ZBo. Honestly, that's the secret to beating teams like the Spurs, Thunder and Heat. They all lack inside paint presence and physicality.

Sure, you guys have Howard and Gasol (Both have shown can't play together), but you guys just don't pound the paint enough. With MDA running the team, a lot of offensive possessions will be around pick and rolls, and open 3's.

A lot of analysts say the Lakers should try to get the 6 seed, but as I've said all year long--You guys do not match up well against that Denver team. They beat up the board and are way more athletic than you guys. Not to mention, they are incredible at home. You guys are better off playing OKC than Denver.

I honestly think you guys are better off playing the Clippers. Pride will be at stake and it's a better match up for you guys. I think in a 7 game series, you guys can push it to 6-7 games.

Those losses to PHX and WAS basically sealed our fate as at most or 7 or 8 seed. Too much ground to make up, OKC or SA it is and we just gone have to deal with it.

Those losses to PHX and WAS basically sealed our fate as at most or 7 or 8 seed. Too much ground to make up, OKC or SA it is and we just gone have to deal with it.

Pretty much. Winning those games would make the 2 remaining vs Golden State BIG games, now they're just 2 more games we have to win to keep us in at least the 8 spot.

Absolute disaster of a season to this point. :smh:

Let's hope everyone is at least starting to get healthier outside of Jamison obviously. Credit to him for giving it a go, but I suspect his range will be an issue. That will limit some of his effectivness for us.

Back
Top Bottom