Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now that's:

Kobe missing two games due to his ankle.
Dwight missing six games due to his torn labrum, while dealing with his bad back.
Nash missing 24 games due to his broken leg, while dealing with nerve damage.
Pau missing 33 games due to his knee tendinitis, plantar fasciitis and torn plantar fascia.
Blake missing 37 games due to his abdominal strain.
Hill missing 42 games and counting due to his left hip.
MWP missing the next six weeks due to his torn lateral meniscus.

Unbelievable.

Age caught up to them. They need to start popping Aleve.

Still hoping the team can at least make the playoffs, keep that chance alive, no matter how slim.

Last edited:
Ebanks will be our savior
ebanks2.gif

So now that's:

Kobe missing two games due to his ankle.
Dwight missing six games due to his torn labrum, while dealing with his bad back.
Nash missing 24 games due to his broken leg, while dealing with nerve damage.
Pau missing 33 games due to his knee tendinitis, plantar fasciitis and torn plantar fascia.
Blake missing 37 games due to his abdominal strain.
Hill missing 42 games and counting due to his left hip.
MWP missing the next six weeks due to his torn lateral meniscus.

Unbelievable.

Goodness :smh:

Not to mention MDA was hired
Probably tarnished our relationship with Phil and any shot of hiring him in the future.
Heat lookin' like theyre on the way to taking our 40 year old win streak record.
Dwight hasn't even signed an extension.

Just not our season. Haven't ever been this frustrated watching a Laker season in my life. Especially because of the talent we have, that season we missed the Playoffs with Kobe, Smush, Brian Grant, Brian Cook etc. wasn't really surprising.

Didn't know a sports team could stress me out so much :lol:

:\

Funny thing is that was probably the last time a Lakers team got bit real hard with injuries over the course of a season.

I still contend the injuries were as big a factor as anything as to why the Lakers missed the playoffs that season.

Last edited:
oh the wolves and bucks are both losses you can mark them now and cancel your trip to the nba season thread tonight :lol:

no way this team beats an improving wolves team or the bucks.

you see how kmart is playing in new york? yea no need to sign him or west....

since you know this team is so young and we have guys like ebanks and duhon

back to an 8 man rotation.

even if ebanks gets to play hes gonna be so lost out there from not playing at all this year.

im sorry but mike brown was horrible but antoni is the absolute worst...

I don't know how you are so sure the wolves will win when the wolves are literally playing for nothing and the lakers are playing for everything. They have lost 3 games in a row already and it's not like they are a garbage team especially compared to the wolves who still won't hv love. I cld see if the wolves were playing to get in the playoffs but they are not so I expect them to get beat down pretty bad as the lakers take their frustration n L's out on them.

Now I can see the bucks beating them though.

I still contend the injuries were as big a factor as anything as to why the Lakers missed the playoffs that season.

most definitely. It's always curious to me that a lot of people forget LO & Bean sat for 18 & 16 games that year respectively - especially when discussing that season & Kobe's legacy. The injuries, plus Rudy's resignation really took its toll. They were in the hunt until about March, I think.

Although this is horrible horrible news, this has to mean there is time for Ebanks, which isn't bad. This guy was defending Kevin Durant tough last year, and now he can't get playing time? There has to be something going on. Put him out there, he is in a contract year, he needs to get his next contract from somebody, c'mon Ebanksanity. DEVIN THE DUDE, PLEASE SAVE US!

Do any of you guys think the DUI has something to do with it? Or it's purely a basketball decision to not play him? Cause it's not like he was playing a lot but before the DUI he would at least see a few minutes each game.

Funny thing is that was probably the last time a Lakers team got bit real hard with injuries over the course of a season.

Was absolutely the reason, but no one remembers it that way.

Vlade played 15 games. Kareem Rush only 14. Kobe and Odom both had injuries, even Butler missed 5 (which wasn't bad considering everyone else that missed time) Brian Grant missed 13. Hell, Devean George only played in 15 games, Walton was in only 61.

Nobody ever talks about that. They went 2-19 to close the year. They were 32-29 and hangin in the fight before the bottom dropped out.

Seems familiar right about now. :smh:

Why is the front office hesitant to sign some 10 day contract players though? Is there any logical reason?

It would not hurt to sign Delonte for the last 6 games or so.

If you're pinning your hopes on a guy walking in off the street, aren't you already done?

Those guys don't have a job for a reason, signing them doesn't make them suddenly good again. Especially if they haven't played real ball in several months. Workin out at the Y and comin in to face the Spurs in the playoffs is sort of a different thing. So why bother burning more money? That's all it would be, throwing cash in a fireplace.

Do any of you guys think the DUI has something to do with it? Or it's purely a basketball decision to not play him? Cause it's not like he was playing a lot but before the DUI he would at least see a few minutes each game.

Im starting to believe its his demeanor during practice

This guy is the perfect fit with his length and athletic ability plus he can defend and has a decent jumper.

It wont surprise me if he gets 0 mins. from now till the end of the season

The Ebanks stuff is he has been rumored to not work at all. Which truly saddens me because he has the tools. If he worked on his game like Ariza did in 09 we would have solved so many things. He, Dwight and either Clark or Hill would have been solid as a young group of defenders. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom