Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 7h @dahooah NO no, that game is a myth-we should have won game 5 and nobody talks about the missed call on the baseline before Bibby's 3

phil sounding like an NTer
nthat.gif

Phil knows

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 7h @dahooah NO no, that game is a myth-we should have won game 5 and nobody talks about the missed call on the baseline before Bibby's 3

phil sounding like an NTer
nthat.gif

if he's talking about the lakers/kings series in 2002...I can't believe lakers and lakers fans still try to pretend like there's nothing to talk about and everything evened out. single calls are missed all the time, but that game 6 clearly had something going on.

On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals.

^
You don't know what you're talkin about. Those claims were made by a dude that was going to prison.

Since you need help with facts, why don't you go watch the game like we all have, and when you do, you will see that the KINGS had more free throws mid way thru the 4th quarter than the Lakers did. The difference was, the Kings fouled LA BEFORE the bonus ON SHOTS, IE, free throws even on the first, second fouls of a quarter. Most games you foul 4 times in a quarter with no free throws, wasn't the case there. Then late, as the game was slipping away, the Kings started fouling a ton, and LA racked up free throws.

A FIXED GAME DOESN'T HAVE THE OTHER TEAM LEADING IN FREE THROWS FOR 43 MINUTES and then suddenly flip the switch to the other team.

Get a clue on your way out of our thread.

I'm still amazed how fast MWP has recovered enough to even play. Dude is a warrior for sure.
smokin.gif
Oh yeah. Ron Artest has always been a warrior and a beast on the court. He has did a lot more for the Lakers than people give him credit for. I remember a lot of times the last 2 seasons he was the Lakers most consistent guy as far as productivity and dependability goes.

if he's talking about the lakers/kings series in 2002...I can't believe lakers and lakers fans still try to pretend like there's nothing to talk about and everything evened out. single calls are missed all the time, but that game 6 clearly had something going on.

On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals.
Oh well a win is a win an we Lakers fans will take it however you give it to us. The 3 peat and title 14 s in the books.

Naw, that's a different name. Calls himself The Return now. As in, Return to being banned once he starts runnin his mouth again. Only a matter of time.

I personally just can't get into offseason wants, needs, acquisitions until I know for sure were not in the playoffs.

I just can't.

You guys go ahead but I still refuse to believe the Utah Jazz are going to make the playoffs and were not.

I guess ill just have to wait a week or so to find out.

*sigh*

This **** stings man.

Last edited:
I personally just can't get into offseason wants, needs, acquisitions until I know for sure were not in the playoffs.

I just can't.

You guys go ahead but I still refuse to believe the Utah Jazz are going to make the playoffs and were not.

*sigh*

This **** stings man.

It's been a tough season bruh

I just can't.

*sigh*

This **** stings man.

Am I still allowed to talk about during the season like I always do? :lol:

Besides the obvious in wanting the Lakers to win and Jazz to lose, it would help tonight if:

T'Wolves beat Warriors...to give the T'Wolves an extra pep in their step for their next two games versus the Jazz and to cast some doubt in the Warriors before they play the Lakers on Friday (Thunder on Thursday too).
Suns beat Rockets...to lock the Rockets in at the seventh seed and prevent them from being in contention for the sixth seed. Thus, they can rest their guys versus the Lakers on the last night of the season.
Bobcats beat Grizzlies...to prevent the Grizzlies from getting home court advantage versus the Clippers/Nuggets. Thus, they will play hard versus the Jazz on the last night of the season.

Yeah, all three are very unlikely. :lol:

Last edited:
Besides the obvious in wanting the Lakers to win and Jazz to lose, it would help tonight if:

T'Wolves beat Warriors...to give the T'Wolves an extra pep in their step for their next two games versus the Jazz and to cast some doubt in the Warriors before they play the Lakers on Friday (Thunder on Thursday too).
Suns beat Rockets...to prevent them from being in contention for the six seed. Thus, they can rest their guys versus the Lakers on the last night of the season.
Bobcats beat Grizzlies...to prevent them from getting home court versus the Clippers/Nuggets. Thus, they will play hard versus the Jazz on the last night of the season.

Yeah, all three are very unlikely. :lol:

If all three happened imagine the rest of the league fuming that lal gets in :rofl:

Essential you can talk about whatever you want bro.

This teams drained all the energy out of me at this point.

I really don't care about anything but us making the playoffs.

If we don't, it's gonna be a cruel summer indeed.

[quote name="L2B"]Didn't know DBD was back on NT.[/quote]He is, but puglife isn't him.

the lakers shot 40 free throws to the kings 25 in game 6. the kings intentionally fouled the lakers 3 times at the end of game 6 because they were losing. that means 6 free throws were shot by the lakers because the kings had to put them on the line in order to get the ball back. the real free throw total was 25 to 34 which is +9 for the lakers.

the free throw totals for game 5 was 23 for the lakers and 33 for the kings. that is +10 for the kings. shaq shot 1 free throw the whole game.

i dont recall seeing articles stating that game 5 was fixed in favor of the kings? yet the kings shot 1 more free throw in game 5 than the lakers in game 6. the reason game 6 got all the hype was because tim donaghy put the spotlight in that game. yet a similar situation happened in game 5 in favor of the kings that  people with selective memories forget. tim did admit to fixing games but i think he was trying to bring everyone down since he was on his way to jail.

Based on paus comments right now on 710, he knows he's gone this offseason.

Such a double edge sword.. But he needs to.

I think for the Lakers.. And for himself.

I'm still curious who we could get...

I'd love someone like Amir Johnson from the Raptors.. But because they no longer have much in terms of PGs, it nixes a straight two team trade... Maybe they could find someone who changed their mind on Bargnani, and will part with a backup PG to us.

But Pau really doesn't have the ability to command two bigs in a trade.

Almost anything Pau will take a 3 team trade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom