Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it seems the charter cable service in my area doesn't offer the lakers channel yet. I'm changing over regardless.
mean.gif
Charter carries it?
I have Charter in Long Beach and we have it. I dont know why they would only have it in certain areas.

r1zytz.gif
at CP.
I think Dwight and Pau will have to play separately to maximize their respective talents and the roster altogether. I hope I'm wrong though.

D'Antoni did pair Kurt Thomas and Ama're together successfully in the 07 playoffs vs San Antonio to combat Duncan. Offense didn't drop off (another example that he doesn't totally neglect defense). Obviously didn't replicate that with Ama're/Chandler but there were bigger issues in NY.

That said he clearly prefers to play a little smaller and 4 out, 1 in with an athletic stretch 4 & that works better for sure. (Josh Smith) but I don't think Pau/Dwight combo is a disaster. But the combo of Pau AND MWP on the floor together could be.

Last edited:
There won't be any weight to the Josh Smith scenario. The only thing he would bring is a Shawn Marion-esque weapon on the break who can dart down the floor faster than his defenders, which I don't think is worth giving up Pau for. The team would have the same potential spacing issues during their offensive sets.

I agree the only name out there I'd trade Pau for is Kevin Love. I know it's 100% unrealistic and I'm not sure why people bring it up in the first place; I'm just saying it to guage Pau's worth.

I have Charter in Long Beach and we have it. I dont know why they would only have it in certain areas.

I don't know what's up with that either. I'm getting my service installed tomorrow and from what the rep told me earlier that my area doesn't have the lakers channel yet :{ something to do with either twc or charter deciding which areas get the channel first? I don't know how they can't just roll out the programming to all their service areas at once.

Pau is being judged by his reputation at this point. He is nowhere near the player he was 3 years ago. We've been saying "oh he will thrive in this system becasue he is smart" (i.e last years offense  + princeton o) Wont happen. he will just be standing at 18 feet shooting jumpers and an occasional three while opposing PF's will outmuscle him and take the ball right out of his hands while rebounding.

I'd trade Blake for Bobbie Gibson in a heartbeat...

Cavs need a Backup PG desparately... Boobie isn't really a PG... But he's a good shooter.. He's also a $4.8 million expiring... So he puts us in a good position for another acquisition at the deadline of a bigger magnitude.

Also Cavs need to start clearing up space at the 2.. Waiters, Gee, Miles all could play 25 minutes.. Of course Gee & Miles can also slide over to the 3. BUT getting rid of Gibson allows them to backup Kyrie.. And give better players more playing time (CJ Miles).

Also Blake fits in the least with D'Antoni's offense of our 4 PGs.

Last edited:
By the way D'Antoni has the worst friends... His friends who are Lakers fans said "they were disappointed to find out he got the job." :rollin :rollin

Where would Gibson play?I wouldnt want to play with next to any of our pgs and he def cant handle the ball. Might as well just sign Goudelock again.

His expiring contract does make it a little more attractive tho.

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

Why do people keep mentioning "running"? Do people really think we are about to start fast breaking all over the gym simply cuz of Mike? :lol

Let it go folks, let it go.....

If Mitch manages to fool Atlanta into giving us Josh Smith and Korver somehow for Pau. :{ :smokin :lol

I know it would cause us to reshuffle 2014 a bit, but so what? We'd have Dwight, Josh, and then room for more, that's a problem? I say no.

Smith may be overpaid, but what he and Dwight would do to teams defensively would be a crime. The speed and athletism those two have playing together would be disgusting. And it would free Nash and Kobe to focus on what they do, offense. Fair trade and good balance.

Even if we keep Pau, he has a use, and if Mike has any sort of brain better than Brown (a rock does) then he'll find ways to use him just fine. And I assume, Mitch will be looking for ways to upgrade all season long, it's what he does.

man if only the cavs bite. haven't seen gibson play recently but I know he used to make his shots from deep. But I'm still hoping Meeks start finding his groove (as well as Jamison) since he's already on the team and we just need those bench players to start stepping up.

Where would Gibson play?I wouldnt want to play with next to any of our pgs and he def cant handle the ball. Might as well just sign Goudelock again.

His expiring contract does make it a little more attractive tho.

He would basically be someone who is there for insurance.. He wouldn't play much.. He's also a PG sized SG.. So who knows, maybe you place him at the Point, rather than have him a the ball handler, use him as one of the corner or wing players who set up for 3s. Then run Pick & Rolls with Kobe and Pau a la 2008/9... It's a classic D'Antoni kind of move. Playing a player in a different position than they are normally playing to have more shooters on the court.

Reason we need to get rid of Blake is because he fits the least. out of 4 PGs.. Hell you could trade Ebanks with Blake. Open up a spot, and sign Delonte.. Then hold onto Bobbie Gibson. Along with Earl Clark which is over $6million in expiring contracts (not including Jamison, DJO & Sacre) gives us enough fire power going in the deadline to improve our roster to fit the gameplan..

For example.. Bobbie & Clark can afford Ariza.

Last edited:
If you mention Delonte one more ******g time.......

Delonte Delonte Delonte...

It's all about insurance.. I don't care if we don't get him.. I'm just saying it is the possible directions you could go..

I wish we signed Barbosa though.. That blew up in our face :{

But I honestly think Boobie would be a decent move for nothing more than just being another insurance shooter... Do you agree? (And as I was saying, you could put him out there at the 1. Not doing PG duties, but being the shooter in the corner.. And run a pick & roll with Kobe and Pau)

And if he doesn't play well $4.8mil in expiring gets you something. Hell Walton & Kapono turned into Sessions.. A player like Boobie who may be average is much better than those two, should get us something solid on the bench.

Last edited:
You dont want dantoni to have to keep delonte in check. Hes a terrible communicator, quick to throw someone in the dghouse. And delonte is just nuts

The **** is bobbie? Ain't his name Boobie?

Meh, if getting Boobie Gibson is supposed to excite me, we got problems. I have no need for that dude. He can shoot, great, but it stops there.

Blake gives me more than that and I rather have that then one dimensional Boobie. And even with the expiring, which isn't saying much since this seasons' crop ain't all that big, Blake isn't too much worse as he is already less than 4 mil at this point since the season has started, and is basically expiring next year, when there is a big FA crop. So the difference isn't all that to me.

If Gibson was a free agent right now and we could bring him in for nothing? Sure, I'd be ok with that, but trading Blake for him does nothing for me at all.

I'm reading the 05-06 Phoenix Suns book, Seven Seconds or Less. I never touched it because it heavily involves that 7-game series against the Lakers, which always stung, but now that Nash and D'Antoni are part of the team, I can stomach it.

Macallum (the author) was basically granted access like he was another coach. The book provides a lot of insight on D'Antoni's coaching and personality. It's a good read if anyone's bored.

Whenever someone mentions that series, I get so damn depressed.

Back
Top Bottom