Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on Ska, you know he's not learning bro. This doesn't bother him at all, because he doesnt care about us, ( us meaning, team, franchise, city, fans, his teammates, etc) whatever whatever. This stuff doesn't bother him. He has that mindstate now, like right when Anakin was turning dark and he stopped listening to Obi wan. Dwight doesnt listen to Kobe Wan. He wants to do what he wants to do, and he wants praise and love and attention whether we win and lose. That's why he runs to the teams that just beat us, they're always in great moods and they always show him love and give him high 5's n ****. He embraces them because he knows our lockerroom is gonna be tense and noone is gonna be in the mood to laugh at his imitations of shaq and charles.

Dwight is beyond wack to me at this point. Honestly, I'd be able to turn the other cheek by this behavior if he could at least play right. Winning cures all ills. You remember how much drama we had with shaq and kobe. I mean my dude spent his days in court on rape charges and his nights dropping 30 on teams. That's a true professional, and Kobe has always been that. No matter what he's gone through in his personal life, (rape accusations, potential divorce, loss of endorsements, beef with shaq) dude did his damn job every night. Him and Mike, those are truly guys of a different cloth. Mind you mike bounced a couple times, did his own thang, but when these guys are on the court, NOTHING else matters. I just can't rock with D12 anymore. and it's unfortunate because i think this team could've been something special, but I'm just about ready to drop his ***. It's one thing to cause drama, but kill it on the court and get W's............it's a completely different issue to cause drama, then allow the drama YOU caused to mess up your own game. Dude is a sucka.

on a side note, I'm gonna needs my lakers to work on grip strength. If I see these dudes get the ball ripped from their grasp, when they have both hands on it, one ore time, I'm gonna lose it! lol

I’m not happy right now and hopefully my teammates feel the same way. You have to reflect on how important this is to you and what it means to you,” Bryant said, per Lee Jenkins at SI.com.

“After we lose by 20 or 30 points we definitely can’t be laughing and joking around,” added Bryant.

smdh. nothing changes.

That spoiler is what I am talking about with Howard. Thinking everything is a joke, playing around all the time. I really wonder how many dudes on this team really get tired of it? Just a grown child that has always been pampered. I really was excited when the lakers picked him up I was telling people hanging around Kobe he would get serious. But at this point I don't know if it has gotten worse or was it just as bad in Orlando, but i did not notice because they are not on tv as much as the lakers... Like I said before if we had 9 people to play and he made ten, I'd leave. I wonder how fed up Kobe REALLY is.

Last edited:
Come on Ska, you know he's not learning bro. This doesn't bother him at all, because he doesnt care about us, ( us meaning, team, franchise, city, fans, his teammates, etc) whatever whatever. This stuff doesn't bother him. He has that mindstate now, like right when Anakin was turning dark and he stopped listening to Obi wan. Dwight doesnt listen to Kobe Wan. He wants to do what he wants to do, and he wants praise and love and attention whether we win and lose. That's why he runs to the teams that just beat us, they're always in great moods and they always show him love and give him high 5's n ****. He embraces them because he knows our lockerroom is gonna be tense and noone is gonna be in the mood to laugh at his imitations of shaq and charles.

Dwight is beyond wack to me at this point. Honestly, I'd be able to turn the other cheek by this behavior if he could at least play right. Winning cures all ills. You remember how much drama we had with shaq and kobe. I mean my dude spent his days in court on rape charges and his nights dropping 30 on teams. That's a true professional, and Kobe has always been that. No matter what he's gone through in his personal life, (rape accusations, potential divorce, loss of endorsements, beef with shaq) dude did his damn job every night. Him and Mike, those are truly guys of a different cloth. Mind you mike bounced a couple times, did his own thang, but when these guys are on the court, NOTHING else matters. I just can't rock with D12 anymore. and it's unfortunate because i think this team could've been something special, but I'm just about ready to drop his ***. It's one thing to cause drama, but kill it on the court and get W's............it's a completely different issue to cause drama, then allow the drama YOU caused to mess up your own game. Dude is a sucka.

on a side note, I'm gonna needs my lakers to work on grip strength. If I see these dudes get the ball ripped from their grasp, when they have both hands on it, one ore time, I'm gonna lose it! lol
laugh.gif
 at Star Wars reference.

But Kobe was a true professional, even with those rape charges, and chance of losing endorsements.

Dwight's scoring went up, as well as Kobe's, from what we've seen lately. But winning does cure all.

And  
roll.gif
 cause if anyone watches Laker games, they know big men like Gasol and Dwight have butterfingers.

Dead @ all the comments on Lakers Instagram when they posted the latest pic of Dwight talking to the media.

"Bum *** Dwight" at least 3 times
"Basura" 3 times
"Mitch trade this bum" like twice

:Rollin and I only read like 13 comments

for all dudes killing dwight for 'laughing', right behind him in that screenshot after is Metta, Sacre, and others greeting and chatting the Clippers players. the game was over. Granted they aren't 'leaders' like Dwight, but he wasn't the only one and in all honesty, might show it aint that serious.

Anyone that can put some Star Wars in this thread is the goods. :smokin

Welcome back Han Solo today too.

Anyhoo, last night sucked, this season sucks, I need things to keep me happy before I go crazy and start trying to fire everybody. So here goes.

Salary this year, 100 mil.
Next year 78 mil, and that will jump to 98 if Dwight stays. Give or take some wiggle room, such as..........Metta is going to get Amnestied. Blake at 4 mil is nothing, especially after what we saw with Nash bein out 2 months, 4 mil for a backup ain't horrible. What is horrible is Metta at just under 8 mil, when you factor in his luxury excelerators, he becomes a 25-30 million dollar salary they can rid themselves of. That's going to happen.

Now, maybe they use some of that to try and keep Clark for a year, I don't know, we'll see. I think that Pau and Duhon will then get flipped. Duhon because his salary is small, and not all the way guaranteed, Pau to get pieces if they can. If they can't (or if Dwight leaves) they will just keep Pau, let his contract run out, which leads us to.......

2014 Salary: 9.7 million
2015 $0
2016 $0

And there it is. Just like that, the year after next, we have a full roster to build. If we keep Dwight at 18-19-20 whatever he'll be, we could add 1 elite contract in 2014, and still get another player to join in 2015. Or, we could do what Essential asked, and wait to get 2 bodies in 2015 that are top notch. I "think" they would prefer to start sooner. Dwight don't wanna be here til 2015 not winning, we will all hate him by then. :lol: So at some point, 18 months from now, we will start to completely rebuild this franchise.

Kobe, he could retire after next year, or maybe come back for 1-2 years in his glory days, I don't know. He has some in his tank, but not sure he wants to be "not him" on the floor. We'll see.
For now tho, updated numbers check for the franchise leader in everything damn near.

Next week he will hit 31K points. Either late this year, or November of next season he will pass Wilt. Not long after that, maybe by Christmas or New Years, he will pass MJ. #3 all time NBA scoring.
With his assists rising, if he finishes this year at 5 per, and plays all of next year at 5 per (his career average basically) he will be in the 6,250 range. Or in other words, top 25 ALL TIME, he will pass Pip, Drexler, Jerry West, on top of just passing Larry, MJ, Kareem, and Iverson. God, damn. Top 25 all time, while being the 3rd leading scorer in history, and more to the point, he would be #2 all time for the Lakers.
Rebounds, he is approaching 6,500 and with another year after this one, he should get into the top 90 all time or so, fall somewhere shy of 7,000. He would surpass every, single, Laker in rebounds outside of Kareem, and Baylor. 3rd all time Laker in rebounds. :lol: Bottom line, Kobe is top 3 in EVERYTHING LA Laker, and forgive me, we ain't exactly the Bobcats here.

End of next year, be about 33,000 points, 6,800 boards. 6,200 assists. Approaching 2,000 steals. Maybe 1,700 3's both would be top 10 all time as well.
He would be the first, and only member of the 30K, 6K, 6K club, ever. Ever. (soon, Lebron will join that club, then form his own 30K, 7K, 7K club, but that's five years from now barring injuries.

I don't know if that makes him Mr. Laker. We'll debate that someday, Magic may have been the better player, but Kobe will have had the better career. If that makes sense. Kobe will have bled dry every ounce of athletic blood in his body, Magic sadly was unable to finish his glory years in the NBA. Kobe is also top 3 in everything Laker playoff related, but he needs to make it this year and next to do some real damage. He can move up alot of charts with a few more playoff games under his belt.

25-28 months from now, we start all over. New franchise players, new generation of guys to get us back where we belong. After this ****** abortion of a year, it can't get here fast enough. :smh:

Lakers tho, forever. :smokin

Since it's pretty obvious that Dwight is not going to regain form this year, how nervous are you guys about committing 4, 5, 6 years of your franchise to him? I know you can build around him, but he's still the top guy going forward if he remains, and the new CBA and all that mess makes it more difficult to pile star on top of star.

I have a hard time shaking the what if this is the new Dwight angle? I mean, it's the AS break and the guy does not look any better than what he was months ago. Would have been nice to get him a year in advance and see how things progressed but now you have to almost make a blind commitment. And not talking about his personality or whatever, just him as a player trying to get his explosion and full range of motion back.

Last edited:
My thought process would be simple. If we fail, and don't even make the postseason, he's done in mid April.

He takes rest of April, part of May to do nothing. Rest.

He now has June, July, August, September to work himself HARD. Get back his form. Get it ALL back. Be Dwight again.

This broken Dwight? 17-12-2 blocks a night, and %55+ shooting. It still works. And again, broken.

If he gets to 80% of what he was, even if never 100, but a good solid 80, he's good for 18-13-3 a slight uptick. We get the parts around him, younger, fresher, match his personality a bit, that might help him too. Get him a PG that can keep his man from being in the paint all night. A 4 that can shoot, keep bodies off him, but still help him rebound.

I would be ok with that. He's still better and more serviceable than what we went thru with Bynum for 5 years. He's more physical and athletic than Pau is. And Pau got max money from us, even tho he was much more skilled and polished. Dwight's defense alone can match that portion, IF he can get to at least %80 of who he was.

I think that all comes back if he has a time to Rest. When he initially had that surgery I believe he was going to be held out until around December.... He Started the season, You add on the shoulder, The mixing in of two coaches, New SUPERSTAR players and what you get is how he's looking this year.

He's either gone the second he gets a chance or he Stays rests up this summer.... comes back next year with a Lakers team that hopefully will have their identity in check by next year and be able to compete for a championship. I truly believe this team as constructed is far from being as bad as they seem & i think Dwight being Healthy would be a huge upgrade to that.

My thought process would be simple. If we fail, and don't even make the postseason, he's done in mid April.

He takes rest of April, part of May to do nothing. Rest.

He now has June, July, August, September to work himself HARD. Get back his form. Get it ALL back. Be Dwight again.

This broken Dwight? 17-12-2 blocks a night, and %55+ shooting. It still works. And again, broken.

If he gets to 80% of what he was, even if never 100, but a good solid 80, he's good for 18-13-3 a slight uptick. We get the parts around him, younger, fresher, match his personality a bit, that might help him too. Get him a PG that can keep his man from being in the paint all night. A 4 that can shoot, keep bodies off him, but still help him rebound.

I would be ok with that. He's still better and more serviceable than what we went thru with Bynum for 5 years. He's more physical and athletic than Pau is. And Pau got max money from us, even tho he was much more skilled and polished. Dwight's defense alone can match that portion, IF he can get to at least %80 of who he was.
Not to mention that surgery on his shoulder. Dwight says he doesn't need it, better safe than sorry. 

I actually like this plan. If Dwight's willing to stay, rest, surgery if needed, and work hard in the off-season like no other to pull an Adrian Peterson type season after nagging injuries and pains, back, shoulder, etc. I'm all for this plan.

the Way i see it is L.A lineup next year looks like

Nash
Kobe
Clark
PF coming From a trade
D12

Bench:
Blake, Jaminson, A Real 2-3 man who can knock down wide open shots and play solid defense (You know what MWP is suppose to do?) & Hill

Realistically Pau can Bring us back some value but most importantly we need someone to spread the floor at 4 and someone off the bench that is atletic and can Shoot + guard the 2 or 1 spot.

I think both Pau and Gasol will be on their last year of their contract after this season ends. They should be easy to trade.

Back
Top Bottom