Delete

Roman gets too much unwarranted hate IMO.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really hope we retain him. 

And he may be interviewing, but I dont know why people are assuming that he isnt doing his job.  I guarantee you he is working day and night on the game plan and is in constant conversation with Harbaugh and the players.

I'm with you dland. by no means am I saying that he's the best OC out there, but as I stated earlier, I think he's done a fair job as a play caller this season, particularly with the injuries to WR and TE. Keep in mind this is the same guy that turned Alex Smith into a starting QB. although we need to improve in the redzone ASAP. not sure why the playcalling is just so damn bland and predictable

Jim Harbaugh and Geep Chryst are responsible for Alex's turn around not Roman. Roman is primarily just a playcaller. The gameplanning is a group effort between jim harbaugh, greg roman, geep chryst, john morton and a couple of the assistant coaches. I dont think Roman sucks but sometimes he does make me question what he is doing but everything he calls is approved by Harbaugh himself before it gets to Kap so you cant blame him entirely. Personally i'm just irritated with the whole interviewing before a playoff game stuff.

The offense we run is Jim harbaugh's offense not Greg Roman's. Roman does indeed have his own wrinkle, but the majority of the schematics, approach, philosphy is a combination of his pops jack harbaugh, bill walsh's west coast timing finesse and bo schembechler physical, power approach.

BTW if you want to get a taste of what kind of coach Jim harbaugh is look up his quarterback seminar on youtube. He is an AMAZING coach. Very good at explaining, very detailed, very personable and very, very knowledgable.

Last edited:

Roman gets too much unwarranted hate IMO.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really hope we retain him. 

And he may be interviewing, but I dont know why people are assuming that he isnt doing his job.  I guarantee you he is working day and night on the game plan and is in constant conversation with Harbaugh and the players.
I'm with you dland. by no means am I saying that he's the best OC out there, but as I stated earlier, I think he's done a fair job as a play caller this season, particularly with the injuries to WR and TE. Keep in mind this is the same guy that turned Alex Smith into a starting QB. although we need to improve in the redzone ASAP. not sure why the playcalling is just so damn bland and predictable
One thing that I will never understand is why the most common reaction to a play not working is to blame the OC.  Yes, sometimes it is the OC's fault.  But most of the time, there is a reason a play doesn't work.  At some point, the players need to be held accountable for not executing the play, not the OC for calling said play.

Here is a perfect example.  You guys all remember the play where Boldin took an inside handoff against the Bucs inside of the 10 yard line?  And he got stuffed right at the line of scrimmage?  Yeah well I guarantee you EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU GUYS were cursing at Roman for a dumbass play call.  I know the homie @NothingToL0se was. 
laugh.gif
  But what I am willing to bet none of you realized was that if Adam Snyder doesnt whiff on his block, Boldin WALKS into the endzone for a TD. 

Here is a screen shot of Snyder whiffing on said play:

Here is a screen shot of a half second or 2 later.  Now imagine Snyder blocks his man.  Look at the angles that Vernon and Anthony have on the play:

Would have been an EASY touchdown if Snyder blocks his man.  Instead, he misses, and the play is blown up.  The easy thing to do would be blame Roman for having Boldin run a draw play that doesnt work, when in reality the players responsible for the play being blown up should be the ones blamed....in this case Snyder.

It's not just that - Kap has to check into the correct play as well. He's usually pretty good at that tho.

Last edited:
I guess there's a difference between the ingenuity of a play and the coaching of it (or at worst the effort out into it by the players).

I do recall that Anquan play and thinking I loved it. Not the execution but the ingenuity of it. Do we think we need better offensive COACHES, not just offensive geniuses? I think it's possible. The defense has enough accountability to go around 10 times over. P willy will give the speech, and no one dares piss off Bowman and Brooks. But what about the offense? Who does everyone really rally around? Or is held accountable by? Just musing.

3rd and short against league's best run D, hand off to Dixon
Screen pass, throw to Dixon
Gore averaging 4.5-5.0 ypc, lets throw the ball and abandon the run in the 2nd half

The plays are there, its just how he uses personnel.

Seriously. What do you think Baalke must be thinking while he watches his dynamic second round pick LMJ totally rot away on the sidelines? It's like I get you this player only for you to not use him AT ALL. My dad(who was a high school football coach) was just telling me how he literally would have problems finding ways to NOT have LMJ on the field if he were his player.

Why the hell is a screen to Dixon even in the playbook? What the !@#$? :stoneface: This is what happens when you think you're outsmarting the defense but in the end outsmarting yourself.

btw i thought it was ironic that cox got the nod last weekend over a "healthy" eric wright. the same eric wright that he was released in favor of. somehow cox has climbed the depth chart and surpassed the guy they decided was better than him just a little while ago..:stoneface:

Last edited:
Heads up guys, the Wild Card playoff game against Green Bay will be replayed on the NFL Network tonight at 10:30pm EST, in a little more than an hour from now.

I agree with the seldom use of LMJ. Dude is electric, we can definitely use him. He was great for us during the absence of Hunter. He's more than just a return guy. He can do more! USE LMJ23!

Last edited:
Was listening to Greg Papa on 95.7 earlier and he said something along the lines of "Kap can't throw a screen pass" or something. Papa's kinda soured on Kap though, few months ago he was really raving about his skill set, now he'd rather have Alex Smith.

Definitely agree that Roman gets alot of unwarranted hate. Ultimately, this is Harbaugh's offense and he gets the final say for the most part.

I think Papa got caught up in Alex's performance last Saturday vs the Colts. If Alex played like that regularly he'd still be here. He had a damn good game.

Last edited:
Alex had a decent game but when the game was on the line I didn't have much confidence he could get the job done on the road.

Kap has a bad habit of calling timeouts at bad times on the road but Alex smith during those last 2 drives wasted all 3 timeouts. The intentional grounding, the pass inbounds on 3rd down, not getting a play off before the 2 minute warning, calling the last timeout after the 2 minute warning. To me he had a a decent game but he played shook on the last 2 drives in my opinion.

True that. Say what you want about Kap but dude is never shook. Shoot he almost threw a pick 6 on that last drive but bounced right back to lead us to a win. Dude got balls of steel and has proven he can win in the playoffs where it counts most.

Kap is already the winningest road playoff QB in 49er history. That's crazy. :x :smokin

for me Kap > Alex and it aint close. Can't wait to see what he's doing 5 years from now. :pimp:

Last edited:
He went from having none, to being tied all time, to be winningest in two road playoff games haha.

If he can get this one and the next one, I'd be incredibly impressed and would happily eat crow about what I've said to others about him. Maybe he really just is one of those "haters are my motivators" kind of basic ******* and just needs the negativity around him.

It was Kaep > Alex's career after that NFC title game last year for me.

No way Alex brings a team back down 17-0 in that situaion.

I appreciate Alex gutting it out despite some god awful situations early in his career and his pass to Vernon and the run against the saints are appreciated but he is who he is.

That said, hopefully kaepernick gets road win number 3 this weekend

The thing i like about kap is his ability to respond after a mistake. If dude throws a interception, he comes back the next drive and runs for 40 yards or scores a TD.

Last edited:
havent read all of the post yet but just wanted to say **** you dland for calling me out brah.
i dont really remember *****ing about it but ill take your word for it :lol:

I was just messing with you bro. :lol:

I have no idea if you were mad or not. But I've seen your Roman related tirades before. It was an educated guess. :lol:

Was listening to Greg Papa on 95.7 earlier and he said something along the lines of "Kap can't throw a screen pass" or something. Papa's kinda soured on Kap though, few months ago he was really raving about his skill set, now he'd rather have Alex Smith.

Definitely agree that Roman gets alot of unwarranted hate. Ultimately, this is Harbaugh's offense and he gets the final say for the most part.

papa is a strong homer for andrew luck..when he saw alex smith "outperform" luck for 3 quarters of the game, he probably got his jimmies rustled in favor of Smith

in regards to the conversation about roman, if this is harbaugh's offense, then why do people throw roman under the bus when the play calling is terrible?

does harbaugh have something against LMJ? I don't think lmj being on the sideline has to do with roman, but has to be call from the HC

You answered your own question as to why Roman gets the heat when the play calling is terrible(he's the primary play caller). :tongue:

We'll never know why LMJ isn't utilized at all(unless he himself tweets about it). :smh: Going to be interesting to see who stays and who goes in the offseason with our crowded backfield.

Last edited:
No way. If anything I can see his contract getting restructured and he gets another year(s) added.
Dude has a lot left.

Last edited:
I think Dixon gets cut before Gore. If he doesn't I will swear on my life Boobie has some sort of dirt on Harbaugh. If Gore is released it won't happen for another 2 or so years. Idk that Lattimore will be ready to be the premiere back sometime next season or in 2015.

*knock on wood*

Gore hasn't suffered any sort of serious lower body injuries including the dreaded turf toe.

You answered your own question as to why Roman gets the heat when the play calling is terrible(he's the primary play caller). :tongue:

We'll never know why LMJ isn't utilized at all(unless he himself tweets about it). :smh: Going to be interesting to see who stays and who goes in the offseason with our crowded backfield.

still not sure how I answered my own question. folks were stating that this is harbaughs offense and that plays roman calls run thru jimbo...which leads me to ask again, why does roman take the heat for a harbaugh led offense??

Back
Top Bottom