Delete

I'm very glad we got Lattimore.  It's always good to see players like that get a chance in the league, and more importantly with a good team like ours.  

He played rugby so its not like he isn't somewhat tough and understands some concepts I assume

Overall I'm pleased

DRaft grade B-

We don't have close to 11 picks so I wish they would have traded more to move up.

Also I wish we got a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round. My patience with Carlos Rodgers and Nnamdi Asomugha will be slim.

LOL @ B-

We had one of the best drafts of all 32 teams. Easily.

Last edited:
And exactly which "Slot Corner" from This draft did you want that wouldve started immediately? The answer wouldve been None at the time we picked. DJ Hayden possibly, but Oak took him before we picked. This years draft was not strong in CBs at all, but was more so in DL and S, which is what we did.

Pass rush and safety was a bigger problem than corners. Our pass D was ranked 3rd before Justin went down last season, that why we beefed up the front 7. You saw how good our pass rush made Rogers and Goldson look two seasons ago. And for the record, Rogers game didnt digress from 2011 to 2012, he was never as good as the numbers from his first season in SF.

I've been as critical of Rogers and Asomugha as anyone, but the answer for that was not in this draft.

And exactly which "Slot Corner" from This draft did you want that wouldve started immediately? The answer wouldve been None at the time we picked. DJ Hayden possibly, but Oak took him before we picked. This years draft was not strong in CBs at all, but was more so in DL and S, which is what we did.

Pass rush and safety was a bigger problem than corners. Our pass D was ranked 3rd before Justin went down last season, that why we beefed up the front 7. You saw how good our pass rush made Rogers and Goldson look two seasons ago. And for the record, Rogers game didnt digress from 2011 to 2012, he was never as good as the numbers from his first season in SF.

I've been as critical of Rogers and Asomugha as anyone, but the answer for that was not in this draft.

Although we've almost reached the cap, we're still interested in C. Woodson. Maybe we can keep freeing cap space but asking for pay cuts and sign him to a low guarantee contract like asomugha

C Wood wouldve actually be a great pick up to play the slot. Thats about all he would be able to do on our D though seeing as how we wouldnt utlilize his line of scrimmage play making abilities, and he can no longer line up on the outside.

C Wood wouldve actually be a great pick up to play the slot. Thats about all he would be able to do on our D though seeing as how we wouldnt utlilize his line of scrimmage play making abilities, and he can no longer line up on the outside.

There's still interest in him but the figures have to be right.

Lawrence Okoye: 'No limits' on self
Updated: May 1, 2013, 11:54 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Olympic discus finalist Lawrence Okoye has never played football, but after signing with the San Francisco 49ers, he said he thinks that through hard work he can make an impact in the NFL.

The 49ers signed Okoye, 21, as an undrafted free agent and plan to train him to become a defensive lineman. The 6-foot-6, 304-pound British athlete wowed scouts at the super regional combine at Cowboys Stadium in April, running the 40-yard dash in 4.78 seconds and posting impressive results in the vertical jump (35 inches) and broad jump (10-foot-5).

He holds the British record in discus (68.24 meters) and qualified for the finals in the event at the 2012 London Olympic Games but finished last.

He told the San Jose Mercury News this week that he was "terrible" when he first began throwing the discus at age 18, but his success there gives him confidence that he can work hard enough to have success in professional football. Okoye also played rugby as a teenager.

"I had to work really hard to become good at it. It's going to be the same path in this sport," he told the newspaper. "When I start out, I'm not going to be as good as everybody else. I'm going to look out of place, that's for sure. But with some work and with time and effort, I know I can catch up and hopefully become a dominant player in the league."

He made pre-draft visits to the Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints and 49ers. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh said he felt "inadequate" standing next to him.

"An Adonis, a great physical specimen of a man. ... Our creator created a beautiful man," Harbaugh said of Okoye on Saturday, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Okoye said that he put on a helmet and pads for the first time when he visited the Saints.

"It was quite interesting. They're not as heavy as I thought," he told the San Francisco Chronicle in a telephone interview Monday.

He told the newspaper that he isn't planning on putting "any limits on myself."

"Nobody would have predicted when I was 18 that I would be the British record holder and an Olympic finalist. I'm not going to sit here and put limits on myself, but I'm also not going to say that I'm going to kick [49ers defensive tackles] Justin Smith or Ray McDonald out of their positions and I'm going to get 20 sacks next year. Of course not," he told the newspaper. "For me, when I get the 49ers it's all about development. I'm going to develop every day."

With the 49ers he'll work with defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, who has experience teaching the game to football novices when he was a coach in NFL Europe.

He said he takes inspiration from 2013 draftees Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah (No. 5 overall by the Detroit Lions) and Margus Hunt (No. 53 overall by the Cincinnati Bengals), who both didn't pick up football until their freshman years in college.

"These are examples of guys who are physical specimens who have put their mind to it and now teams are seeing their potential," Okoye told the Chronicle. "If they can do it, I see no reason why I can't do the same thing."

At 6'6" 304.... if this cat can pan out even as serviceable depth. :smokin
In Harbaugh & Baalke we trust

Harbaugh's first impression?

"Inadequate, was my first impression, standing next to him," Harbaugh said.

The coach sounded downright giddy imagining this prospect in his midst.

"Just an Adonis," Harbaugh described. "A great physical specimen of a man. Our creator created a beautiful man."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guy is a straight BEAST. And hes sporting the Michael Strahan Gap Look. Hopefully he plays like Stahan too :smokin

Dunno if hes worth a roster spot.

Idk its a low risk high reward, the guy is athleticly blessed. His position isnt hard to pick up also. Give him two years to develop, we might have justin smith replacement soon. Plus the guy is only 21.

Last edited:
Most likely make the PS and hope a team doesnt swoop him up.

Im all for good stories and hoping the best for him.

How you been Bright?  Dont see you post much these days.  Or do you mostly post in the Dodger thread that I rarely frequent?
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How you been Bright?  Dont see you post much these days.  Or do you mostly post in the Dodger thread that I rarely frequent? :lol:

I just rarely post all together, the new format lags on my iphone5 so i get lazy :lol:

But ever since my daughter was born been a bit occupied lol.

I lurk tho :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom