Delete

It looks like the 49ers are going after players that are the same as the players they lost. Reid is the same as Goldson and McDonald is the same as Walker

Praying that McDonald is NOTHING like Walker. Hopefully McDonald can catch the football.

Anyone notice both Tank and Lemonier are both more like 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE than true 3-4 DE? Look more like depth for Aldon and Ahmad than Justin and Ray. Either way they should see a lot of play as Niners play more of a hyrbid 4-2 nickel most of the time than a true 3-4.

Anyone notice both Tank and Lemonier are both more like 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE than true 3-4 DE? Look more like depth for Aldon and Ahmad than Justin and Ray. Either way they should see a lot of play as Niners play more of a hyrbid 4-2 nickel most of the time than a true 3-4.

We run a hybrid system, so although we're technically a 3-4, we rush with 4 down lineman quite often.

I know bruh I said that. :tongue: what i was wondering was are either of these dudes going to put their hands in the dirt? both seem more like OLBs than DEs in our system but who knows maybe niners want them to gain weight.

Last edited:
nm found my answer. Tank will play DE, Lemonier will play OLB.

While some teams that scouted Tank Carradine envisioned the 273-pounder as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, the 49ers see him putting on weight and putting his hand on the ground as a defensive end. General manager Trent Baalke said Carradine could play a range of positions - defensive end (like Justin Smith and Ray McDonald) in the team's base defense or any of the four defensive-line spots in the sub package.

"He's going to play down," Baalke said. "He's not an outside linebacker. In our system - it's one of the things we really like is his versatility. He's a little bit bigger than Ray was when Ray came out."

McDonald was listed as 6-4, 276 pounds when he came out of college. He now weighs about 290 pounds. Smith, meanwhile, was a 267-pound defensive end out of Missouri. He now weighs closer to 300 pounds. Baalke said he thought Carradine could get into that range.

"We think he has the frame to do that," he said. "We definitely think there's room for growth, but you never know until you get your hand on him."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...k-carradine-as-a-290-pound-defensive-end.html

Lemonier played defensive end at Auburn, making 17 sacks in three seasons and turning in one stretch where he had 15 sacks in 17 games. In San Francisco, the 256-pound Lemonier will likely move to outside linebacker with the 49ers, a 3-4 team that has already had success shifting former Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith to outside linebacker.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/surprised_by_49ers_corey_lemon.html

Last edited:
Only reason we're labeled as a 3-4 defense is cause we use a 3-4 personnel.

Excited about landing Cornellius, if he cant stay healthy hes gonna be a Beast on our D, replace Aldon when he walks.

we did a good job filling need so far. wouldnt mind more defensive picks in the last rounds or a WR that could use as punt returner would be nice!

I see you Baalke
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom