Delete

I'm just glad to hear that the front office has .001% interest in signing Revis.  That's music to my ears.

i wonder what the niners will do in the draft with all the picks.  harbaugh must have something up his sleeves!!!!!!

A rookie kicker kinda scares me, I would love a guy like Bironas or Tynes.

49ers need to snatch Keenan Allen out of Cal if he falls to 31 or 34. His draft stock has kinda dropped, would be a great fit with Crabtree. Moss is gone, Kyle and Mario coming off major injuries, Jenkins a questions mark, we need another WR bad!

A rookie kicker kinda scares me, I would love a guy like Bironas or Tynes.

49ers need to snatch Keenan Allen out of Cal if he falls to 31 or 34. His draft stock has kinda dropped, would be a great fit with Crabtree. Moss is gone, Kyle and Mario coming off major injuries, Jenkins a questions mark, we need another WR bad!
yes, they need some improvement in the receiving corp.  also need to start grooming for a running back.  we getting spoiled with frank gore.  dude's a beast.

Word, smh at people who want a rookie in one of the toughest places to kick in the NFL (Candlestick)
laugh.gif
agreed.  they need a proven kicker.  maybe they'll bring akers back at lower cap price?

Word, smh at people who want a rookie in one of the toughest places to kick in the NFL (Candlestick)
laugh.gif
agreed.  they need a proven kicker.  maybe they'll bring akers back at lower cap price?
Theres a reason PROVEN kickers are on the market, because they end up like akers, bums

I refuse to believe a Baalke picked rookie can be be any worse than akers

Good kickers aren't easy to find in the NFL, I'd rather the 49ers find the best available kicker through FA or the draft. I'd rather not trust all the kicking duties to a rookie because of how important FGs are to the 49ers offense.

Kicking is kicking dude. A good rookie kicker wiill have a easier transition than a good rookie position player. They don't have to learn and adjust to schemes, reading the opposition, different set of rules, etc. as they transition from high school to college to the pros. I wouldn't be opposed to a free agent kicker as well, but we need to find the best kicker at the best price. It would be nice to have a young, talented long-term solution to the kicker job.

and fyi Baltimore just won the superbowl with a rookie kicker.

Last edited:
Kicking is kicking dude. A good rookie kicker wiill have a easier transition than a good rookie position player. They don't have to learn and adjust to schemes, reading the opposition, different set of rules, etc. as they transition from high school to college to the pros. I wouldn't be opposed to a free agent kicker as well, but we need to find the best kicker at the best price. It would be nice to have a young, talented long-term solution to the kicker job.

and fyi Baltimore just won the superbowl with a rookie kicker.

I agree with your kicker analysis, BUT Candlestick constantly has some crazy *** winds that might be too much for a Rookie.

As bad as Akers was last season, I'm sure we didn't release him without having an idea of the player(s) we can acquire

you're making it seem like a vet. kicker is going to come into candlestick and do substantially better than a rookie kicker though. I'm not buying that.

So what if he's a vet kicker? He's going to have to deal with that crazy wind just as much as a rookie kicker would. It's not like every vet. kicker has kicked at candlestick before

you're making it seem like a vet. kicker is going to come into candlestick and do substantially better than a rookie kicker though. I'm not buying that.

So what if he's a vet kicker? He's going to have to deal with that crazy wind just as much as a rookie kicker would. It's not like every vet. kicker has kicked at candlestick before

Whatever you say man :lol:

I certainly hope we dont draft a kicker but if we do, I have a feeling this post will be revisited, proving me right unfortunately.

View media item 304730

NFL.com doing Photoshops now? :lol: ... Although it's not a smart move for the future of SF 49ers football, it looks reallll nice.

Anyone think we have a shot at Ed Reed? Or do you guys think he's staying put?

Whatever you say man
laugh.gif

I certainly hope we dont draft a kicker but if we do, I have a feeling this post will be revisited, proving me right unfortunately.
Man, i say screw it and sign this kid out of high school. 

Losing Goldson may or may not hurt us, but signing Goldson for what he wants will unquestionably handicap us in the future especially with players like Mike Iupati, Michael Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Bruce Miller and Colin Kaepernick all lined up next for contract extensions. I have faith that Harbaugh and Baalke will draft intelligently and/or spend money wisely via free agency.

A lil' late but I just came across the 49ers player contracts and we have all those guys you listed for another 2 seasons. A lot can happen in 2 years and I hope we aren't trying to save money for something that's happening in 2 years. Our time is now, we are SB contenders and need to take advantage that now. IN MY OPINION

Funny thing about Adrian Wilson, he fits the same mold as Goldson. Guy is no doubt a BEast but true Cardinal fans been complaining for years that Wisenhunt shouldnt have been using guy as a Safety. Hes a monster hitter but gets lost in coverage a lot. Doesnt make sense having Whitner and Wilson as the starting safetys. Opposing offenses would feast on that coverage.

Back
Top Bottom