Denied entrance to a bar with a real ID

Hello Nt,

This has never happened before in my life. I am 25 years old and out of all the many bars I have been 2 one bouncer last night said my driver license was fake. I just think he didn't want to let me in because when he asked for other documentation I had my car insurance, car registration, 4 credit cards, and my bachelors degree which my school gives you a copy for your wallet. The bouncer proceeded to say no. Has this ever happened to you? The girls I was with told me to call the cops to verify the ID and make the bouncer feel stupid. But I said there's too many bars in NYC for that and went somewhere else and had no problems with my ID. What are your guys thoughts? I do have a baby face but this was ridiculous.

First, be happy for your baby face.

Second, people carry their bachelor degree with them??

jwa9x.gif

If the ID is fake shouldn't be take it from you .

It was a real driver license. Is what I use when I get pulled over. Lol. Which sucked for the establishment because I was with 4 females and 2 guys so they saw the whole group walk out because the bouncer had no idea what he was doing thinking my license was fake.

what bar was it?

I actually don't think i've been carded in nyc (even when i was underage) aside from one time at a spot in flushing

Legal drinking age is 16 here in Belgium. Never been asked for my ID anywhere. Not in bars, clubs, ...

Some states have vertical and horizontal IDs that are issued if you're over or under 21. I know in DC there are some bars that will deny you entry if you have a vertical ID (that's the under 21 one) even if you are of age.

Legal drinking age is 16 here in Belgium. Never been asked for my ID anywhere. Not in bars, clubs, ...
im gonna go out on a limb but maybe they didn't ask for ID because the legal age is 16. 

Last edited:
OP if you lose your wallet you're screwed.
But I have a baby face as well. Embrace it

Last edited:
Witnessed this at the club last night :lol: chick was claiming she was a RN from Rhode Island, bouncer snapped that joint in half and told her to keep it moving. The look on her face :rofl: Priceless.

One time a bouncer looked at my ID an asked what my horoscope was. Didnt expect it and almost messed up even though I'm 23 :lol:

Happened to one of my friends before at a strip club. Bouncer had him recite every piece of info on his drivers license which he nailed. Then had him match his signature on a piece of paper which he did too. Still didn't let him in smh.

you don't even want to go to a place like that
just hit up a 7-11 and chill in the parking lot with music on :smokin

im gonna go out on a limb but maybe they didn't ask for ID because the legal age is 16. 
Lots of people here go to bars while under 16. The only time you'll get asked for an ID at the entrance is if it's a bar that specifically caters to a certain age group. Those type of bars are generally in the bigger cities. An 8 year old can enter 99% of bars without being asked for an ID if he wants to. In the smaller towns here it's kind of a tradition to bring your kids to the bar from an early age. Most bars don't even have bouncers.

Only time you might get asked for an ID is if you try to order alcohol and you look 13-14.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom