*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by RFX45

30x30 Levis 514s with no stacking, no cuffs, practically no breaks with a bigger hem (8-8.5") for bulkier shoes/boots.
Does it look bad? Better with stacking or cuff? Better with more break?
It might be a good for a more relaxed look...

info on shoes? they look nice

Alden Indy boots.
laugh.gif
i just saw the price and im totally staying away from it

they look real nice though, maybe when im ballin
pimp.gif

Why is it so hard for me to find Nudies in a 38 waist? Do they not go up to that size or am I just looking in the wrong places? Can someone please point me inthe right direction. Also I hear about APC a lot, what are they & where can they be found?
I know I'm late but hey, gotta start somewhere...

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

RFX:
I think the fit on those Levis is pretty great actually. Like I said, I normally cuff my jeans, but that uncuffed/little break look with boots is seriously classic. It depends on what you really want, and granted I double cuff with boots even, but that fit makes me rethink throwing my LVCs in for a wash. Maybe I can live with it after all.

Originally Posted by damn its me

rfx not bad considering the size of the boot and shirt, definitely a looser americana look BTW like the fit of those to my red wing workboot good choice!@

Thanks for the encouraging words. I just hope it doesn't shrink after a wash because I think if it shrinks a bit then it'll be in high water territory,which I don't think will look too good and the jeans may not get any use after that. I'll try to hold out as long as possible from washing the jeans.Thanks again!

Alright, just need opinion/advice, 3rd pair of the 4.
30x30 511s, again, practically no break but this time it is less relaxed and lighter fade.
I think it might be too short but doesn't seem to look as bad as I would think.
Actually, there is a break and little stacking, the jeans just can't cover the shoes well.
j110.jpg

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Why is it so hard for me to find Nudies in a 38 waist? Do they not go up to that size or am I just looking in the wrong places? Can someone please point me in
the right direction. Also I hear about APC a lot, what are they & where can they be found?

I know I'm late but hey, gotta start somewhere...

Dont know which pair of nudies you are looking for but....

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=281
1 pair in 38's they arent too common in general but there you go.

Just got a pair of the Levi's 514 IMPRINTS. The fit is pretty good although, strangely enough, they're tighter around the crotch region then I remembermy APC New Standards being even though they were a size smaller. Hopefully there's a bit more give as I wear them out more but overall the fit is prettynice.

rfx, they do look a tad on the short side, I had some nudie that were like that and because of the fact that the hemline looks more like its"hanging" than sitting because of bunching or stacking...i think i have a photo of my favored denim fit...:::searches::

EDIT FOUND 1
blaine.jpg

there is flathead x selfedge f105 cut
un-hemmed, unwashed, worn for about a year now non dedicated... a little slimmer than flat head's 310 cut, and perhaps one of the slimmest selvedge i havefound of this quality. HERE i am trying to look like david blaine "floating (dont ask...i was drunk indeed))

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Honestly, my advice for your STFs would be the tried and true bathtub method. Alot of people are going to act like I am crazy, but I get old cowboys/ranchers at work all day who tell me about their STFs in the 50's (when they were still using Cone XX red selvage) that they would soak in a tub and then wear to work to shrink them down. Fill a tub full of hot water, sit down for an hour and get comfortable. After just wear them for six hours or so until they are basically dry and hang them up. You will get most of the initial shrink out of the way and have a pair of jeans that perfectly fits your body. Alternatively throw them in a tub full of hot water for a few hours, roll them to get the excess water out, and then wear until dry.

Preach on brotha...!
Originally Posted by khoalabear

almost have enough to get a pair of ironheart's, needless to say i am SO excited
happy.gif

word up! I love their denim-

I've really got to start with the raw denim...Likely APC, Levi's or one of the underground denim brands considering the bright yellow Nudie stripe onthe pockets is a bit loud for my liking...

Originally Posted by khoalabear

almost have enough to get a pair of ironheart's, needless to say i am SO excited
happy.gif

got 2 pairs of the 634s, my favorite jeans of all time. thinking bout coping the anniversery pair but 450 is kinda steep

I just noticed that my Slim Jims are in the early stages of a crotch blowout. Going to research ways to prevent this. Or if anyone just wants to post the info,go right ahead.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I just noticed that my Slim Jims are in the early stages of a crotch blowout. Going to research ways to prevent this. Or if anyone just wants to post the info, go right ahead.

you can reinforce the crotch. My non stretch denim does that when i bike...I have sewn a second piece of denim into the crotch area of my jeans...if sewn wellit should improve the stability for a while...
again if you are doing an activity frequently that is blowing your denim i would suggest getting a nudie that has a higher ratio of cotton to lycra (96.5/3.5is SUPER stretch and i know nudie does the thin finn and slim jim in the "Dry" (black denim/gold stitch) colour.

I don't even consider my activity strenuous, but I have been wearing them almost every day, and at work (bending, kneeling, squating, etc). I'll askmom dukes to fix it
laugh.gif

Can somebody tell me which Levi's are the raw denim kind?

So far ive only bought the 514's but im looking for the rigid jeans

I don't even consider my activity strenuous, but I have been wearing them almost every day, and at work (bending, kneeling, squating, etc). I'll ask mom dukes to fix it
laugh.gif

Go to your local arts and crafts store and get an iron on patch to put on the inside of your jeans then take them to the cleaners and have them sew it. thepacth provides protection and it gives them a reinforcement. If you don't use a patch the whole is likely to get bigger.

501's

Originally Posted by Dakingii

So far ive only bought the 514's but im looking for the rigid jeans
514 "Rigid" is NOT raw denim. I don't care what Levis says, how the advertise it, etc... Get a pair of 514s, throw them in a bucketof water, and you will quickly be able to tell by the lack of indigo loss that they have been pre-washed at some point. The new 514 imprints are a differentstory, but since you want "RAW" (this word is getting so overused that it has almost lost its true meaning) your choices as far as men's levisare the 514 imprints, the 501 STF line, and then alot of the jeans in their LVC line (which besides old stock isn't currently being offered in the US untilspring 10'). I believe there are a couple of Capital E's that are raw as well, but I don't mess with those and don't really know the productline that well.

My suggestion if you are new to the whole raw jeans thing would be to get a pair of STFs, soak them, and then wear them for as long as you can before a wash.It gives you an opportunity to see if the whole denim deal is for you, and if you decide that the dedication isn't worth it you are only out $50. Beyondthe imprints and STFs you are looking at dropping a couple hundred generally on any of levis other raw offerings, and unless you are specifically into levishistory there are probably brands that you would be happier with (Nudies/APC/Prps/Etc.) for less money.

I hate how my New Standard's stretched out at the knees. When I have my legs straight, the knees are like poking out.

I doubt there is, but is there anything I can do about it?

I don't even consider my activity strenuous, but I have been wearing them almost every day, and at work (bending, kneeling, squating, etc). I'll ask mom dukes to fix it
laugh.gif
Make sure you get the WHOLE crotch reinforce i made the mistake of just reinforcing the part of my crotchwhere it ripped the other half blew out a few days later.
laugh.gif

Awhile back there were pics of Mos Def rocking some Too Black Guys denim jeans. If anyone knows where I can find the 09' collection or any of Too BlackGuys clothing please let me know
Thanx

Back
Top Bottom