*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

i wanna get some APC jeans, but i really hate when the opening doesnt fall on my shoe....

i know this sounds pretty dumb, but is there anyway to widen the opening, since everyone says buy the jeans a couple sizes down bc they stretch, has anyone ever tried stretching the leg opening?
The APC "rescue" fit is a straight leg, so its their widest opening. I'm assuming you're talking about stretching the openingat the cuff? I think you'll have a hard time doing this personally. I have the Rescues and I'm about a year and two washes in. I find the opening alittle big at this point, but I wear slim shoes (sambas, ligas sperrys etc). What kind of shoes are you talking about getting these over?

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

i wanna get some APC jeans, but i really hate when the opening doesnt fall on my shoe....

i know this sounds pretty dumb, but is there anyway to widen the opening, since everyone says buy the jeans a couple sizes down bc they stretch, has anyone ever tried stretching the leg opening?
The APC "rescue" fit is a straight leg, so its their widest opening. I'm assuming you're talking about stretching the opening at the cuff? I think you'll have a hard time doing this personally. I have the Rescues and I'm about a year and two washes in. I find the opening a little big at this point, but I wear slim shoes (sambas, ligas sperrys etc). What kind of shoes are you talking about getting these over?

dunks, maybe some af1 or jordan 3's/5's....

Where is the cheapest place to buy imperials? Ive been watching selfedge, it seems thats one of the few places that sells it

and how much should i size down, i normally wear a 30, do they stretch alot?

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

The APC "rescue" fit is a straight leg, so its their widest opening. I'm assuming you're talking about stretching the opening at the cuff? I think you'll have a hard time doing this personally. I have the Rescues and I'm about a year and two washes in. I find the opening a little big at this point, but I wear slim shoes (sambas, ligas sperrys etc). What kind of shoes are you talking about getting these over?

dunks, maybe some af1 or jordan 3's/5's....
get the rescues. my new standards dont even go with any dunks i own, strictly with chucks or vans. im thinking about buying a pair too causeright now i only have one pair of jeans that go with my forces and jordans and theyre worn out as hell

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Just bought a pair of APC NS...the fit it pretty tight right now but I know the deal with that. But does anyone know when the "stiffness" of the denim starts to subside? They're stacking kinda weird and I know it's because they're so stiff
When my denim was like that I wore them to bed.

I feel like I have taken care of my chinos/khakis for my set of clothes and figured give denim some time and space in my closet.
So I bought some 511's and H&M Sliqs. I'm not ready to jump into APC or Nudies as these 4 jeans will be worn mostly 3-4 a week.
jeans10.jpg

I started breaking in my H&M Sliqs last night.
I like the overall fit and look and I do not mind it stretching a bit but will stretch drastically that it would change the look of the jeans?
Also, do you guys think I should get it hemmed or is it ok the way it is? I do not mind cuffing the pants at all but is it still too long after the cuff? Itlooks like it is about right but then again I barely know anything about denim.
p210.jpg

Denim fit is pretty subjective... Some people get a long inseam to "double cuff" or to have "stacking" in the jeans. Some people buy themin their actual inseam so they are straight all the way down with no break (mostly older men). Some just rock the big single cuff so they are straight all theway down, and some single or double cuff the jean into floods (mostly with boots).

For me personally it all depends on the shoe/boot I am wearing. I typically buy a 32 inseam in lower rise jeans (511, etc) and a 34 in higher rise or raw jeansand I am 6'2 for reference.

But I think how you have your jeans is pretty on point actually and how I generally wear them with classic sneakers (vans/chucks). I like a small cuff and aslight break. With boots I will occasionally double cuff them so they sit above the shoe a little bit, but again this is all preference. I wouldn't investin getting them hemed, I think that fit gives your jeans a youthful and more casual look which is what I assume you are trying to go for when you are wearingdenim.

Those H&Ms look suprisingly nice though, alot better than I would expect considering the price point.

They are also currently having a $10 off jeans so for $30, I couldn't really resist.

The black sliqs I got was slightly shiny, will that go away after breaking it in or is it a jean feature?

Originally Posted by ChrisShouraisei

I am trying to fade some black raw denim to basically a gray, how do i go about doing this?
Wash them multiple times in warm/hot water. They won't fade evenly though, expect more of a "stone washed" look. Also, if they areraw and unsanforized I hope you sized up because they will lose about 10% of their overall length/width after washing a few times.

RFX:

They should lose that sheen once you wash them assuming they aren't coated which I don't believe they are. $30 is a great price from what I can tellthough, I'd have to see them in person to really decide though, I'm pretty picky when it comes to construction/weight.

Thanks, although I was hoping I wouldn't have wash these for a while, especially after breaking them in.
Is it advisable to wash it before wearing to get rid of the sheen?

Again I'd say it is all what you are looking for. Some people purposely don't wash their jeans (STFs specifically have that shine now that some peoplelove, although I hate it) to keep them like that, some people try to get rid of it as fast as possible.

But I don't know enough about h&m denim to know if they are raw (I assume prewashed), sanforized, or what not. My general advice would be that theywill change in color/character once you wash them (you can minimize this with woolite dark, cold water, hang dry, but some change will still occur) so I wouldbe careful if you are happy with them right now beyond the sheen. In the picture you posted they don't look too shiny, so I would probably just live withit, but it all depends on how you want them to look after a wash.

Yo, So i need alittle help. I live in Southern Cali and every time i shop for jeans i can only find the norm, Diesel, Rocs, True religion, and Sevens. . So asof now ive only coped Rocs, and Sevens. Does anyone know any stores where i can pick up some of these APC,
Imperial, Nudie . I dont want to buy online because i don't know my exact size yet. Help me out people from Socal Thanks.

^^^ APC and Nudies can be bought at Barneys NY and Barneys Coop stores. I believe Saks and Neiman Marcus also carried a few pairs.

Thanks for the advice Knives, appreciate it. I think I'll give it a few wears and see how it looks in natural sun, if it glitters then I'll throw themin the washer or just return/exchange them.
I wanted a black denim and did see 511's 3D jeans, which looked pretty good. If I return the Sliqs, I might just get those instead.

30x30 Levis 514s with no stacking, no cuffs, practically no breaks with a bigger hem (8-8.5") for bulkier shoes/boots.
Does it look bad? Better with stacking or cuff? Better with more break?
It might be a good for a more relaxed look...
p111.jpg

Hello all i have a question, i bought a pair of 501 levi shrink to fit in a size 34 34.. i usually wear a 34 32.. as of right now they fit good around thewaist but they are a little too long, once they shrink do you think theyll fit alright? i might take them back so i need your opinions
thanks

Originally Posted by RFX45

30x30 Levis 514s with no stacking, no cuffs, practically no breaks with a bigger hem (8-8.5") for bulkier shoes/boots.
p111.jpg

info on shoes? they look nice

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

Hello all i have a question, i bought a pair of 501 levi shrink to fit in a size 34 34.. i usually wear a 34 32.. as of right now they fit good around the waist but they are a little too long, once they shrink do you think theyll fit alright? i might take them back so i need your opinions
thanks
The length won't shrink at all. Are you cuffing them because that would help too.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by RFX45

info on shoes? they look nice

Alden Indy boots.

rfx not bad considering the size of the boot and shirt, definitely a looser americana look BTW like the fit of those to my red wing workboot good choice!@

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

Hello all i have a question, i bought a pair of 501 levi shrink to fit in a size 34 34.. i usually wear a 34 32.. as of right now they fit good around the waist but they are a little too long, once they shrink do you think theyll fit alright? i might take them back so i need your opinions
thanks
The length won't shrink at all. Are you cuffing them because that would help too.

^ I'm not sure what you are talking about... The inseam on STFs is what shrinks the most. The waist will shrink 1"-1.5", but the inseam is goingto shrink like 2" minimum in all likelyhood. In fact, I have a pair of LVC 47's and I get sad everytime i put them on because I know, even after a 60minute hot/warm soak, the second these babies touch a wash (hopefully in a year or so) they are going to shrink more on me and at this point they are PERFECT.

Honestly, my advice for your STFs would be the tried and true bathtub method. Alot of people are going to act like I am crazy, but I get old cowboys/ranchersat work all day who tell me about their STFs in the 50's (when they were still using Cone XX red selvage) that they would soak in a tub and then wear towork to shrink them down. Fill a tub full of hot water, sit down for an hour and get comfortable. After just wear them for six hours or so until they arebasically dry and hang them up. You will get most of the initial shrink out of the way and have a pair of jeans that perfectly fits your body. Alternativelythrow them in a tub full of hot water for a few hours, roll them to get the excess water out, and then wear until dry. Since you bought your correct waistsize, wearing them will prevent them waist shrinking to where you can't button them, but the length/leg will shrink up on you. I wear a 31/32 normally witha cuff and after shrinking a 34 STF is really shorter than a 32 inseam.

RFX:
I think the fit on those Levis is pretty great actually. Like I said, I normally cuff my jeans, but that uncuffed/little break look with boots is seriouslyclassic. It depends on what you really want, and granted I double cuff with boots even, but that fit makes me rethink throwing my LVCs in for a wash. Maybe Ican live with it after all.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Yo, So i need alittle help. I live in Southern Cali and every time i shop for jeans i can only find the norm, Diesel, Rocs, True religion, and Sevens. . So as of now ive only coped Rocs, and Sevens. Does anyone know any stores where i can pick up some of these APC,
Imperial, Nudie . I dont want to buy online because i don't know my exact size yet. Help me out people from Socal Thanks.

american rag near undefeated on brea, traffic at beverly center, ron herman, black market...i would try them on from the brick and mortar stores and shop atrevolveclothing (cerritos) or context clothing (nyc) with online discounts, specials that they offer from time to time. im pretty good wit the owners atrevolve and if theres enough interest they could offer a 10% discount. atleast thats what they did a couple years ago for another forum I was affiliatedwith...

Back
Top Bottom