*| | Denim _ School | |*

I do not like the true religion leg opening and they are way overpriced for what you get.
Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

What do most of yall prefer:

Straight fit or Slim/Skinny fit?

Im a small dude so i prefer the slim/skinny fit.
Originally Posted by bns1201

i need skinnies in a size 34w x 36l on the real. I'm tall as all hell and hate wearing baggie clothing. any websites or suggestions as to where to find em?

depends on which brand your looking at and price range.
Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i usually stack my jeans, but i'm a natural 30" length and APCs only come in 34" inseams, so that's a little TOO much stacking...

school me on chainstitching

Im the same length as you but i still just stack with a small cuff
grin.gif

anyways chainstitching basically gives you a nice rope looking effect after you wash your jeans and wear them. Its a thick stitch hem at the leg opening.
Here is how it looks like:
original hem:
Here is another chain stitch hem:
11m6.jpg

Originally Posted by yancancook90

if i want to get a pair of jeans hemmed, is it absolutely necessary to get them chainstitched?

Absolutely not. It's more of a denim connoisseur preference, not a necessity imo. It does look better if you're cuffing, but very few people will beable to tell the difference even when you do cuff. BTW. Just washed my pair of APC's at 7 months. Will post pics in a bit.

Quick question:

I've been trying to get my hands on some Nudies for quite some time, but never can try on any pairs. Which fit most like Levi's 511, Slim Jims?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Quick question:

I've been trying to get my hands on some Nudies for quite some time, but never can try on any pairs. Which fit most like Levi's 511, Slim Jims?
nerd.gif

I would say SJ. I am not that sure because i do not own 511s and i do not know what the measurements are. You should check out APCs, they are a bit cheaperthan SJ.

how is the levis vintage line anyways? I do not see too much of it.

Good look davizzy.
I've been on APC NS for a minute too. I'm pretty much set after looking at my friend's and how his pair broke in.
pimp.gif

NP. I got both and i like the NS a bit more. Only thing i do not like is the pockets but w.e. Just remember to size down 2-3 sizes if you cop the APCs.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Quick question:

nerd.gif

I would say SJ. I am not that sure because i do not own 511s and i do not know what the measurements are. You should check out APCs, they are a bit cheaper than SJ.

how is the levis vintage line anyways? I do not see too much of it.

LVC is solid. People don't hype them that much because they're not Japanese, but they denim they use is Japanese. If you want to buy Nudies or LVC, buythem from cultizm.com. You save a lot because you don't have to pay duties on the stuff.

Anyone wear silver tab slims? I have 2 pairs and one has a slimmer leg opening than the other. Its kinda annoying. I like all my jeans to fit the same. I meanits not completely bad because the wider leg opening fits better with foams, and the slimmer leg opening fits better with dunks and air maxes, but why is itthat they have diff measurements?

im currently rockin levis 511's...
36x30,i dunno if that matters... but ya
i want something that fits the same
in some premium denim...
i like the look of stuff you guys post but
i can never find a brand that fits...
any leads on where to start?

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

im currently rockin levis 511's...
36x30,i dunno if that matters... but ya
i want something that fits the same
in some premium denim...
i like the look of stuff you guys post but
i can never find a brand that fits...
any leads on where to start?

check out APC new standards.

ok here is my problem.. i like slim fit denim. .but not skinny. and off course my jeans stretch after some wears.. but the thing is im not to worry about thefade(but i dont mind it) i just want to keep the same fit through out.. should i soak them so they can shrink again or what should i do to keep the slim size?is what i am asking is logical or what do u recomend. i wear basically a 36 in denim.. i have nudie even stevens in a 36 and i like the fit alot.. and i wantsome apc denim been trying to do as much research on them as possible. what would u all recommend please and thanks.

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

ok here is my problem.. i like slim fit denim. .but not skinny. and off course my jeans stretch after some wears.. but the thing is im not to worry about the fade(but i dont mind it) i just want to keep the same fit through out.. should i soak them so they can shrink again or what should i do to keep the slim size? is what i am asking is logical or what do u recomend. i wear basically a 36 in denim.. i have nudie even stevens in a 36 and i like the fit alot.. and i want some apc denim been trying to do as much research on them as possible. what would u all recommend please and thanks.
APC New Standards. Size down 2 (so a 34 if your true waist is a 36).

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

ok here is my problem.. i like slim fit denim. .but not skinny. and off course my jeans stretch after some wears.. but the thing is im not to worry about the fade(but i dont mind it) i just want to keep the same fit through out.. should i soak them so they can shrink again or what should i do to keep the slim size? is what i am asking is logical or what do u recomend. i wear basically a 36 in denim.. i have nudie even stevens in a 36 and i like the fit alot.. and i want some apc denim been trying to do as much research on them as possible. what would u all recommend please and thanks.

thanks alot for that ive been wondering.. so to maintain the size i should saok right

Boys Noize wrote:

streetballa2311 wrote:

thanks alot for that ive been wondering.. so to maintain the size i should saok right

All denim will stretch no matter what you do especially APCs since they are known to stretch like crazy. I personally would not soak because you will lose dye.Just wear them and if they begin to get a little to big for your taste then soak them in hot water to shrink them, but they will eventually stretch out again.

I have a pair of nudie slim jims in used dry organic up for sale, if anyone wants em him me with a PM. they're size 30x34. $60 and they're yours.

Back
Top Bottom