*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

^whats the difference in outcome..

i do live in FL, so thats not out of the question....but is it really worth it?

i honestly don't see a difference, but people who have done it swear to that method and say it produces a more contrasty finish.

Just bought some Gap selvedge for $60, will post my opinion when they come in.

I want to get a pair of Nudies, but I need some recommendations on where to buy... any suggestions?

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

I want to get a pair of Nudies, but I need some recommendations on where to buy... any suggestions?

I'd wait on Nudies because there seems to be great sales that pop up every once in a while on them.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I'd wait on Nudies because there seems to be great sales that pop up every once in a while on them.

nudie.jpg

cultizm.com. They ship from Europe so you don't pay duties, prices are at leaset 33% off from american prices

those are nice.
i have some dry bones x superfutures. hope they turn out well, theyre at 3-4 months, still minimal to no fading though

Originally Posted by reigndrop

cincybcats22 wrote:

cultizm.com. They ship from Europe so you don't pay duties, prices are at leaset 33% off from american prices

x2.

Cultizm is THE best place to buy Nudies - they're the cheapest AND you get your package in 2 days.

Amazing customer service as well.

Originally Posted by kiyab

Self Edge x Iron Heart Type III Modified Jacket = SEXIH07IIIBK - BORN TUFFER

Last month we released the Self Edge x Iron Heart SEXIH07 jeans in both indigo and overdyed black, they turned out to be one of the most popular releases we've had, especially the overdyed black version.
To compliment that release we've gotten in a small run of modified Type III jackets with hand pockets made of the same amazing 19oz denim that's been overdyed black. This is definitely without a doubt the nicest denim jacket we've carried yet and perfect for those wanting a versatile denim jacket that's got hand pockets and will age very well considering the denim used and the overdyed nature of the fabric.

This jacket has been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath. Essentially this is a denim that begins black and fades to indigo in high friction areas, or what the Japanese call the "atari" fade. This particular model is what we feel the most original and exciting fabric we've ever put into a jacket. Iron Heart released a set of overdyed jeans (using their flagship 21oz sanforized denim) four years ago, those turned out to be some of the best looking worn jeans we've ever seen from the few people that got their hands on a pair, we expect these to look even better considering what's underneath the dye.

A heavyweight unsanforized overdyed denim which for the first time ever from Iron Heart ages with extreme contrast and great character that rivals the best Japanese denim available today.

This jacket will be released at SESF, SENY, and in our online store this wednesday, January 13th at 1pm (PST).
Stock is very limited and there are no restocks of this jacket, they do not shrink at all because the overdye process gets rid of all the shrinking properties of the denim. Check the online store for hi-res photos, specifications, and a size chart.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=536
This is very nice but not the price. Anybody know any alternatives?

I'm looking to buy my first pair of selvage jeans. I want to spend approx 150-180. What do you guys recommend out of APC, N&F, and Nudies? I know mostof the Nudies aren't actually selvage but how do they compare to APC selvage. The fit I want is around the New Standard. Not too tight and not too loose.My legs are skinny and they'll look even skinnier with tight pants. Thanks for the help.

which one is tighter? NC or PS? i dont like new standards, but unfortunately that is all they have around here to try on...

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Anyone notice the APC price change? $165
sick.gif
. $20 price change in like 2 years
indifferent.gif

Supply and Demand.

Also, anyone have recommendations for Nudie style type? I am looking for something just a shade slimmer than APC's. Not skinny's though.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I want to get a gap selvedge jeans, so whats the difference between standard, straight, and authentic jeans?

Authentics are slim as hell in the

I copped a pair of the washed authentics and even went up a size (I copped online )

Joints were still tight in the leg area

but it's not crappy..good for the price

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by bl1nk

got some "bobby" true religions for christmas,they dont seem as bad as people on this site thinks they are,i think they're alright.
2yvv2tc.jpg
not a huge bobby fan, but NT really hates trues...

i dig them though.

Yea, i dont know why their on here hatin on Trues but their my %+%#, I do Levi's too, Mek, Buffalo. Guess it must be some Ny shhhyt, cuz alot of theseother brands seem like a regional thing too

Question to all my denim heads:

I was planning on buying these levis (SuperSkinny510's) and I need you guys' opinion. What size should I get? I was going to get a bigger size becauseI was going to sag with these. I don't want them SUPER skinny. I wear a 30x30 in 511's and they fit just right (a little big sagging). So any helpwould be appreciated. Thanks.
pimp.gif

pLEVI1-6054871t500x607.jpg

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3672877&cp=3146842.3146844.3146855.3146926

anyone know how i can get rid of some creases in my apcs? someone washed and dried them when i didn't want them to and folded them. now there is a grossline crease that looks like an outseam but isn't

i believe the biggest size they have is a 38 for nudies, well that is the biggest I have ever seen. If you could fit into a pair you could stretch them out.
I personally would not buy levis 510 wayyy tooo tight, but You should just go to your local macys and see which size looks better to you.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

now ive only had my APC's for about 3 months now....been giving them wear at least 4-5 times a week sometimes more.....

i have no plans to wash them yet, but i was wondering whats the recommended way of doing so for my very first wash.....

thanks.

if you want to go to extremes, do an ocean wash. go into the ocean with them, get some sand on and in them, then wash with fresh water, otherwise, just wash em with cold water.

The only reason to do this is for novelty, otherwise it is just stupid. You will most likely end up washing your jeans very soon after an ocean wash, sincethe salt and natural ocean smell will make your jeans reak within a few days. For the most part I just soak my jeans in warm water with detergent with someagitation, then change the water after about an hour for a rinse then just hang dry. If you are going to wash in a machine, which is perfectly ok, don'tlet the jeans go through a spin cycle as this could created some unwanted creases and slight fades on those creases in the jeans.

Back
Top Bottom