*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by courtking01

Where can I cop raw RRL selvedge jeans, preferably the straights. I live in FL

Barneys has them (only place I have seen them)
I copped my first pair of PRPS and Capital E jeans today anyone experience either before?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

So I bought a pair of APC Rescue's today. Now, should I wear them with a double cuff for a while or should I get the inseam altered before wearing them?

you can rock it however you want, but one thing you might want to take into consideration is when you are going to wash them because they will shrink from that and your alteration may go to waste

just a heads up

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

im currently rockin levis 511's...
36x30,i dunno if that matters... but ya
i want something that fits the same
in some premium denim...
i like the look of stuff you guys post but
i can never find a brand that fits...
any leads on where to start?

check out APC new standards.

thanks!
it's hard getting chubby guy jeans...that fit.
i can never find my size anywhere...

does anybody iron their jeans? are there any bad effects that you may possibly get from doin it? tia

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

does anybody iron their jeans? are there any bad effects that you may possibly get from doin it? tia

Why are you ironing your jeans if you want whiskers and honeycombs? It'd just get rid of them.

Nudies on Gilt Groupe tomorrow starting at noon eastern time, up to 70% off

orig.jpg

if you're not a member you can use this invitation link:

Nudies

Severe Price Reductions!We've cut down prices up to 75% off on remaining sizes of certain items in our online store.Check the items below, there also might be a few we forgot to note below..The Real Japan Blues 66BSPBK jean, Iron Heart down vests and jackets, Buzz Rickson x Porter bags, Flat Head's 8005A Jean, Dry Bones D.Lewis Pullover and Dry Bones D. Lewis Chambray Shirt, Real Japan Blues 106BSP Jean, Real Japan Blues Kasuri shirts and Denim Shirts, Skull Hat T-Shirts, Dry Bones Slash Coat, Sugar Cane Blue Wool 1930's Shirt Jacket, Sugar Cane Black Garment Dyed Jeans, Sugar Cane Indigo Check Workshirt, Sugar Cane SEXSC02, Sugar Cane Rodeo Bootcut jeans, and the Mister Freedom Rider's Cap.Spend away at SESF, SENY, or online while we still have things left to buy: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

How do APC New Cures run guys (Are they super skinny like levis 510)? Im a 32-34 waist in levis wich are my go-to denims. But, I would like to dive into that high-end, designer life. Im looking for that fitted look. Also, are there any online retailers thaat have these from like $90-125? I see on the APC site that there $155. If i can find them cheaper, it'll be cool. If not, I'll shell out the 155. Thanks!

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

So I bought a pair of APC Rescue's today. Now, should I wear them with a double cuff for a while or should I get the inseam altered before wearing them?

Double cuff. wear them 6-8 months > wash > get them altered.

Raw denim NOOB right here...

I've done a bit of research and it seems to me that APC are the jeans of choice by most raw denim consumers.  But I do have a few questions/concerens before I purchase a pair:

1)  If you want a nice fitted (with room) straight legged fit to be the end product, do you purchase your true to size jean waist size or still go a size down?
2) APC would seem to be the mid range in price?  What cheaper altnernatives are there? and what would be the tradeoff of cheaper brands?
3) I love my Levi 501s, which brand/type would seem to replicate that fit?

1 - go down...they're vanity sized (meaning tag sized is not true), most ppl go 2-3 sizes down but neither the new cures and new standards (most commonly worn fit) are considered straight legged...not sure about rescue but they wouldn't be fitted anyways
2 - APC is more low price range...there's few cheaper alternatives such as levis stf 501 and i think urban outfitters has their own unbranded raw jeans which supposedly are manufactured by naked and famous denim
3 - i would suggest getting LVC 501's...LVC 1947 501's are on of the more popular cuts but there are many...i know sugar cane has jeans that replicate 501's, possibly other brands as well

I have a pair of Dry Average Joe Nudies that ive been wearing for a sold 4 months, theyre a bit baggy. I would like them tighter, should i cold soak them or soak them in hot water? will this affect the fading?

Can anyone tell me which current fit of Nudie Jeans are similiar in cut to Even Stevens. Apparently they've been taken out of the lineup but I really liked how they fit
ohwell.gif

Maybe even where I can still find some Even Stevens would be good..

Bought a Pair of naked and famous Slim Guy's ...do i have to soak them or anything before wear?
laugh.gif
 ..sorry for the noob question ...

^Don't think you need to for the first few months unless they're a bit big on you and you want to shrink them to get a closer fit..

Originally Posted by davizzy

im currently rockin levis 511's...
36x30,i dunno if that matters... but ya
i want something that fits the same
in some premium denim...
i like the look of stuff you guys post but
i can never find a brand that fits...
any leads on where to start?

check out APC new standards.

thanks!
it's hard getting chubby guy jeans...that fit.
i can never find my size anywhere...

dude, I think what the problem is you're forcing yourself to fit into some 511s. You admitted you're chubby and skinny jeans ain't going to fix it.

514s and 501s sir. that would be the best suggestion. leave the 511s to the skinny people.

New Collections and Restocks at Self EdgeWe've got some new items in from all the brands we carry including some restocks of the more popular items. From Dry Bones we've had a special shirt made for us out of a natural indigo dyed slub chambray, a very unique fabric that's going to fade and age over time due to the rope dying process and the natural indigo it was dyed with. Also, from Dry Bones we've gotten a restock of their adjustable leather bracelets.Flat Head has done a new color in their heavy flannel shirt in a new brown and tan color with workwear style pockets and tradition bake-lite like buttons. Also from Flat Head we've received tan and black cordovan card cases, feather rings, leather & silver bracelets, and leather mid-length wallets.From Iron Heart we've received a small restock of the Self Edge x Iron Heart Overdyed Jeans (SEXIH07BK), these were made due to a quality control under-run and are available for the last time at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. We've also received full restocks of all IH jeans, belts, wallets, and Melton Wool Shirts.Mister Freedom has sent us a restock of their great Utility Chambray shirts, the custom made wool watch caps, Mechanic's Sweaters and Shirts, and their scarves. Skull has done a collaboration with Japan's Haru on a series of leather accessories. All made of hand cut and hand woven Italian leathers with custom made brass hardware. Haru is one of Japan's most prized metal workers that specializes in producing jewelry out of non-precious metals. We've got both the bracelets and wallet chains available in both black or tan. These are exclusive to the online store and SESF.From Real Japan Blues we've got a small restock of the missing sizes of the Muted Hickory Stripe Jacket and also the new black/red leather wallet.We've gotten a big restock of jeans from Sugar Cane along with a new Black Jean Cord shirt and a full restock of all Sugar Cane's leather belts.In addition to all these new items we've received full restocks of jeans from Imperial, a full stock of Rin Tanaka's My Freedamn! books, and also the Denim Books from Lightning Magazine. All these items are available now at Self Edge San Francisco, Self Edge New York, and our online store. If something is sold out of our online store or at SESF there is a good chance we might still have it at SENY and we accept phone orders and still include free shipping from SENY.For more information check the appropriate product pages in our online store; we supply hi-res photos, full measurements, and specs lists for every item we sell.http://www.selfedge.com/shop/Dry Bones Natural Indigo Dyed Triple-Stitched ShirtDry Bones Leather BraceletsFlat Head Winter Heavy Flannel Workshirt - Tan/BrownSkull x Haru Leather & Brass Wallet Chain
Chain1.jpg
Chain1_02.jpg
Chain1_01.jpg
Skull x Haru Leather & Brass Bracelet
haru1.jpg
haru1_01.jpg
haru1_02.jpg
Self Edge x Iron Heart Black Overdyed = SEXIH07BKMister Freedom Wool Watch CapSugar Cane Black Jean Cord Shirt

Is this the right thread for this?
Okay I bought some Levi 501's shrink to fit blue denims from the store size 34W, 36L, ( I wear 32W,32L) Went home as usual took about a 20-30 hot shower with them on, walked around and let them dry on me, for the last 10 minutes i put them in the dryer on high to get the perfect results. I took them out and the fit was perfect it was just that the length was a little bit too long like it kept sliding underneath my shoes and i kept pulling them up so they didn't get underneath my shoes and all that dirty mess. Thank goodness the store excepted the exchange eventhough I had shrunk them already, this time I got a size 34 W, 34 L ( No 35L in stock Sad). My question is what should I do so that the length in this one doesn't become shorter than I wanted it to be and by the way I am going for a size 32,32 thats the perfect fit for me.....any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom