*| | Denim _ School | |*

i recently purchased Levis 501 Big E Selvedge Shrink to Fit's.

im wondering that if i do the process of making them shrink, how much will they shrink through the legs?

also, will they fit like 505's or 514's? any way to make them get the size of 511's?

they look very wide, and i want them to turn 'skinny'; is that possible?

I have a crotch blow out in my Weird Guys, I really can't get them fixed until I go back home for spring break
frown.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I actually have those and loving them so far, they're good for raw denim noobs.

They are made by Naked & Famous also, basically Urban Outfitters were begging N&F to let them sell their jeans at UO.

Brandon Svarc, the creator of N&F denim, didn't want to so the Unbranded raw denim was the deal they made with UO
which of the three cuts did you get?

I read around Sufu forums and some say they do stretch, but not much. maybe a half inch or so
ohwell.gif
. i didnt read too many negative things about it. Might grab a pair myself. It beats paying $150+ for some raw denim...

Few of my jeans. Nudies all the way on the right are the most worn but no honeys combs and whiskers. I tried thought lol.

Sz 36 if anybody interested. PRPS brand new and Nudies worn once.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Anyone wearing Diors?

Overrated, overpriced.  Mind as well just get APC's.  The 19cm is the NC and the 21cm is the NS.  Not the same denim, but paying north of $300 for a pair of jeans is a tad steep.

Excuse my ignorance guys, probably a question that has been asked over and over, but I've got some Levi's STF 501's. Wore them without soaking, plan on wearing them until I decide they need to be washed. I've seen and heard many things pertaining to washing, my question comes in with the drying. Hang drying isn't really practical for me, is running them through a machine dryer going to eliminate the fades/wear?

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Excuse my ignorance guys, probably a question that has been asked over and over, but I've got some Levi's STF 501's. Wore them without soaking, plan on wearing them until I decide they need to be washed. I've seen and heard many things pertaining to washing, my question comes in with the drying. Hang drying isn't really practical for me, is running them through a machine dryer going to eliminate the fades/wear?
It's not going to eliminate the fading and wearing you already had, but creating fading and wearing from then on will be much more difficult.

Im on the same boat. There isn't anything wrong with just putting them in the dryer right? And do you guys wear them brand new or wash/presoak them before you actually start wearing?

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

I actually have those and loving them so far, they're good for raw denim noobs.

They are made by Naked & Famous also, basically Urban Outfitters were begging N&F to let them sell their jeans at UO.

Brandon Svarc, the creator of N&F denim, didn't want to so the Unbranded raw denim was the deal they made with UO
which of the three cuts did you get?

I read around Sufu forums and some say they do stretch, but not much. maybe a half inch or so
ohwell.gif
. i didnt read too many negative things about it. Might grab a pair myself. It beats paying $150+ for some raw denim...

I got the tapered fit.

I did read that too about the stretching but I think thats only to people who sized down where they couldn't button the top.   I went true to size and I don't really felt there was any stretching.  I do suggest to people to try them on though, some people were able to go 2 sizes down no problem

Originally Posted by allreds

Im on the same boat. There isn't anything wrong with just putting them in the dryer right? And do you guys wear them brand new or wash/presoak them before you actually start wearing?

I have never per soaked any denim Apc, Nudies etc. There is nothing "wrong" with it its was recommended to hang dry. If you feel the need to put them in the dryer turn them inside out.

You'll lose a lot of indigo plus they'll shrink a lot

Is there anyway to make 501xx Selvedge skinnier?

I recently bought a pair, it said they were STF, and i did the whole process but they didnt get skinnier. Is there any way to make them shrink?

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

I recently bought a pair, it said they were STF, and i did the whole process but they didnt get skinnier. Is there any way to make them shrink?
i have the same problem. i tried to shrink my STFs too but they didnt get skinnier. why are they soo baggy? lol

^^^
are yours selvedge?

the booklet that came with mine said they were shrink to fit but nothing has happened after two soaks...

what else should i try?

^^^
are yours selvedge?

the booklet that came with mine said they were shrink to fit but nothing has happened after two soaks...

what else should i try?
you guys know 501s arent a skinny fit, so of course its not gonna be skinny

^true. 501s are straight leg. if you want skinny get some 511/510s. you can get them slim/fitted but getting your actual waist and size up or 2 in the length.

i just soaked some grey 501stf. the fit is fine. not to skinny not to baggy. but the length is too short. i got 32x32 should have got 32x34 but dont think levis makes 32x34 though.

You'll lose a lot of indigo plus they'll shrink a lot
I see, Im not really worried about the loss of the indigo or the shrinking because I want them to shrink anyways. I just thought that the pants would come out of the dryer all stiff and papery haha. I currently own a 30X32 Levis 501 STF and this is my first pair of dry denim. And for the people who said that theirs did not get skinny, it didn't it shrink or lose any width at all? Like 1 centimeter at least?

Hey everyone,

I'm contemplating on purchasing either a pair of Nudie Easy Emil jeans or some APC New Standard in Raw. I'm a 38 waist and length is about a 30/31. Do you guys have any advice on what size I should buy with either of these jeans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

i have the same problem. i tried to shrink my STFs too but they didnt get skinnier. why are they soo baggy? lol

501's are straight leg but you could get a slim fit if you size down or stay true to size

Like these for instance

washedcontestlevis007.jpg

washedcontestlevis008.jpg

washedcontestlevis009.jpg

washedcontestlevis010.jpg

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

501's are straight leg but you could get a slim fit if you size down or stay true to size

Like these for instance

washedcontestlevis007.jpg
those look great, those aree 501's correct? whats your waist/length size?

So I bought a pair of APC Rescue's today. Now, should I wear them with a double cuff for a while or should I get the inseam altered before wearing them?

Back
Top Bottom