*| | Denim _ School | |*

Thanks for your response man. So you suggest I size down 2 sizes? I wear a 36 by the way so size 34 is the way for me? If I size down to 35 how do you think it would look? Baggy?

Thanks!

How do you guys deal with bleeding?

i'm concerned with my sneakers mostly...i heard taping the insides help, but i usually tuck my jeans in my sneakers (not really)

Originally Posted by 1Miguel

Thanks for your response man. So you suggest I size down 2 sizes? I wear a 36 by the way so size 34 is the way for me? If I size down to 35 how do you think it would look? Baggy?

Thanks!
I think the 34 should be fine. For me the 36 is a little snug, but after wearing them for two days, the waist has already stretched out a little bit and fits comfortably already.
JF...I honestly just let the denim bleed. I'm not a hardcore shoehead as before. But I used to tape the inside of the denim...Hope that helps.

Miguel....it sounds like you're in my realm of sizing, I'm 5'9 myself and wear a 38 waist. I never went the Nudie/APC route, so I wouldn't know the fit, I first started with Gap "Gough" Selvedge denim and jumped straight to Sugarcane and Iron Heart. I'd say to check out Self Edge and don't hesitate to give them a call as well for questions.

As of the Bleeding, I came to the point where I just let'm bleed, but also depends what shoe I wear, if I care, I wear my Canes because after wear/wash, they don't bleed anymore, but with my Iron Hearts, either I wear shoes I don't care for, or just wear Black shoes.

I'm currently working on my Iron Heart SEXIH07BK Overdyeds right now to get a month to month rotation with my Iron Heart 634S', so in about a month or so, I'll report back with some evo pics.

A pic of the Indigo comin out a tad on my Black Overdyeds from my wallet impression:

Cris.

Thanks guys! Big help!

I guess Ill start with those Gap first before heading to pricier pieces. Though Id still want those Nudies and APCs.

Ill be checking this thread quite often. Again, good looking out.

I'll like to know whats the point of wearing pants for months at a time ? Why not just cop more jeans ?

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

I'll like to know whats the point of wearing pants for months at a time ? Why not just cop more jeans ?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 1Miguel

Thanks guys! Big help!

I guess Ill start with those Gap first before heading to pricier pieces. Though Id still want those Nudies and APCs.

Ill be checking this thread quite often. Again, good looking out.

..............To start off with a non-expensive piece, start off with APC's.

Cris.

APC's are a great pair of jeans to start off with. Just make sure you try them on and get the right fit for you

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i'm concerned with my sneakers mostly...i heard taping the insides help, but i usually tuck my jeans in my sneakers (not really)

I've been wearing raw denim for a while now and honestly, I stopped caring about the bleeding on sneakers. It's inevitable. An idea though would be to get a fabric you like (maybe some sort of nice plaid) and get it stitched in the inside of the jeans.

Originally Posted by Mr 100

APC's are a great pair of jeans to start off with. Just make sure you try them on and get the right fit for you

That is my problem. Bec I can only get them online since stores here in my country doesn't carry those brands. FTL Anyway Ill size down 2 just like what has been suggested.

Monday I'm in the same boat as you.
I'm getting rid of my 514s and gonna get some nice denim this summer.

Been wanting a pair of Diors for a few years now, seems like the price really jumped

Originally Posted by Hizzle

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I've been wearing raw denim for a while now and honestly, I stopped caring about the bleeding on sneakers. It's inevitable. An idea though would be to get a fabric you like (maybe some sort of nice plaid) and get it stitched in the inside of the jeans.
i would only be concerned with bleeding on stuff like furniture, i have a white couch and chairs.  or when i wear white t-shirts or light colored dress shirts.  i plan on buying some apc's soon and see how it is.  can anyone recommend jeans that taper like new standards but have bigger pockets?

I have a $125 credit on my acct at Selfedge

I need a few ideas on what to get. I know I'll probably have to throw more bread in to get some decent denim.

I like the fit of Levi's 511s maybe slightly baggier.  I' am a 34 waist and at the longest 36 length (as long as I can shrink them) I need these to be my go to jeans because i'll be out of the country for roughly 6 months and don't want to take 5 pairs of jeans.

MY favorite pair of denim is the SEXFHXRR10's. Pricy but Flat Head is my brand, and this is my favorite pair by them.

Otherwise, go for a pair of Flat Head 4001 - black. I have those as well. Butter.

Or, for something slightly less pricey, check out the Roy denim. He's a one-man operation out of SF, and he makes denim using Cone denim, which is what Levi made all of their older denim with. As well as the currect LVC offerings.

These are all available at Self Edge, while the SEXFHXRR10's are Self Edge exclusives.

bet.

Quick question

I've got a pair of dry organic Nudies I've been wearing on and off since Dec 08... and I think I'm gonna wash/soak them this weekend for the first time. What would you guys suggest?

Doyung9 - it depends how dirty they are.. me personally, I go with Dr. Bronners castile soap. I fill the tub with water and put a capful of Dr. Bronners. Agitate a bit with my hands, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse, hang to dry. Works like a charm. If you're inclined to machine wash, I use Woolite Dark, inside out, hang dry.

Hope this helps.

Chrisone - the Ironheart Overdyed are crazy. Really wanted to cop but they were out of my size, so I went with the Flat Head SEXFHXRR10's. LOVE em. Big ups though, the IH are a great choice. You should post more evo pics as the months pass

www.karmaloop.com

just restock on a full size run on naked and famous! get them now 21% off and free shipping.
Promo code : SAVE20

Combine with rep code : DCKL

(must be over 100)

Originally Posted by maldonado

Doyung9 - it depends how dirty they are.. me personally, I go with Dr. Bronners castile soap. I fill the tub with water and put a capful of Dr. Bronners. Agitate a bit with my hands, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse, hang to dry. Works like a charm. If you're inclined to machine wash, I use Woolite Dark, inside out, hang dry.

Hope this helps.

.............Yup, Dr. B's the route I went with my Canes, and will do with all my other pieces if needed.

Cris.

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

whats like the biggest size raw denims come in i wear a 40w

It depends.  I know Sugar Cane and some other Japanese brands come in that size, but they are both rare and cost extra since they are bigger than the regular sizes they carry.

Hope that helps.

need help im really looking into buying raw selvedge denim but pricey on some are way to high ..im currently in school
and i pay for it myself so i guess what im asking is whats the cheapest and good quailty selvege i can buy price range for me 60-80 any ideas
fellas thanks im pretty noob when it comes to jeans 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom