*| | Denim _ School | |*

just picked up these PRPS Barracuda Raws...love the purple/orange combo

I like Barracuda's b/c while they say slim they aren't hugging your leg

Barracuda's=Perfect fit IMO

avll02.jpg

Just got in full restocks from Flat Head and Iron Heart in our online store.  Every jean model from Flat Head has been restocked along with a few shirts have also been restocked in some sizes.

From Iron Heart we got a restock of all jeans, jackets, and wallets along with a new green flannel double-elbow workshirt.

Flat Head!

https://www.selfedge.com/..._page=index&cPath=68

Iron Heart!

http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=71

Also, we're blowing out our Steam 4 Loko-motive jeans at 40% off retail along with the cordovan bracelets:

http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=90

PRPs makes some good destroyed and distressed denim. They are a bit pricy but the quality is very good. So far I have 3 pairs and I am looking to get 2 more. You can order them off Tobi .Bluefly also sells Prps jeans at a very reasonable price.

So i've been through the first 25 pages of this thread. I cant get through the entire 150 w/o going blind so excuse my ignorance
ohwell.gif

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of APC raw denim jeans. This will be my first pair of nicer denim, as i've been rocking Levis 514's for a min.

-One of the reasons is that from the info gathered they do not fade much. I really like dark denim that looks "fresh". is this info correct?

- It was mentioned earlier that dry cleaning can possibly preserve the dark color. should i have them dry cleaned immediately?

- if I soak them before the first wear will it make them a little softer?

-are there any other tips that can be said for keeping my denim looking new/not fading?

-also as an alternative what are some good 1-wash dark denims under 200 bucks?

thanks a lot

Quick Nudie jeans question. How do Slim Jims fit compared to Levi's; are they more like 511 or 514. Because I'm guessing the Average Joe is similar to the 514.~

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Anyone tried Unbranded Jeans from UO?

I spent a whole damn month trying to figure out my size on these things.

They're great for the price. Unbranded Denim is actually owned by the brother who runs Naked and Famous (Canada FTW).

Slim was too "loose" for my liking, had an issue with the Tapered because the opening was still too wide while Skinny was too skinny
ohwell.gif
Tapereds are actually Weird Guys for Naked and Famous. I wish I had kept the Tapered and get them tapered more by the tailor, oh well.

They're 14.5 oz (at least for the Black ones, really stiff) and the Greys are usually 13.5oz (although the website claims 14).

Is there such a thing was Levis 511 Selvedge/Raw?

I recently just joined the 511s club and I was just thinking of that the other day. My Google searches aren't giving me anything.

I've been wearing a pair of N&F Skinny guy's in broken twill selvage for hte past couple months.

These jeans fit me perfectly. Pefect cut, perfect length.

Originally Posted by CJ003

So i've been through the first 25 pages of this thread. I cant get through the entire 150 w/o going blind so excuse my ignorance
ohwell.gif

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of APC raw denim jeans. This will be my first pair of nicer denim, as i've been rocking Levis 514's for a min.

-One of the reasons is that from the info gathered they do not fade much. I really like dark denim that looks "fresh". is this info correct?

- It was mentioned earlier that dry cleaning can possibly preserve the dark color. should i have them dry cleaned immediately?

-are there any other tips that can be said for keeping my denim looking new/not fading?

thanks a lot

1) APC's fade easy, not sure where you are getting your info from.  Any raw denim is going to fade, if you want them to look "fresh" get a washed pair of dark jeans
2) Dry cleaning doesn't have much effect on the indigo loss
3) Soaking them will make them a little softer, but also cause them to lose indigo and you won't have that "fresh" look
4) Don't buy raw denim, if you do want it that bad, pony up and get something like Iron Hearts that are probably the hardest jeans to fade

Ok i just recently got some new jeans for Christmas; they are Levis 559 Relaxed Straight 34x30.

I love them, its just that they feel a little long. Seeing as how many of ya'll are experts i wanted to know how to shrink them a little?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by CJ003

ohwell.gif

thanks a lot

1) APC's fade easy, not sure where you are getting your info from.  Any raw denim is going to fade, if you want them to look "fresh" get a washed pair of dark jeans
2) Dry cleaning doesn't have much effect on the indigo loss
3) Soaking them will make them a little softer, but also cause them to lose indigo and you won't have that "fresh" look
4) Don't buy raw denim, if you do want it that bad, pony up and get something like Iron Hearts that are probably the hardest jeans to fade
I was thinking the same thing on the iron hearts. but APCs are made for fading. J Crew usually has some nice better quality Levi selvedge or store brand denim that are one wash and dark.

^^^^I LIKE THOSE^^^^^^ I like True Religions though. I got about ten pair mostly rickys a billys though.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I recently just joined the 511s club and I was just thinking of that the other day. My Google searches aren't giving me anything.

nope. 
there is "rigid," which is the closest you'll get to raw from regular levi's, but there are no selvedge 511's to my knowledge.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

what a good beginner pair of raw denim's for a short dude like myself? I'm 5'4

APC or Nudies
If length is too long, just get it hemmed.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

not 511 but they DO have 514's in selvedge the last time i checked my macy's

Back
Top Bottom