*| | Denim _ School | |*

It's basically the same except they re-attached that bottom part of the jean so it can look like no alterations were made.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by shump

^ thanks, i actually went to wishatl today, all they had was a size 30 in chino, i tried some of there black slim fit denim and it was baggy which was weirrrd.

If you live in the A, you need to check out Strivers Row on  774 North Highland Avenue, Atlanta, GA, 30306.  http://www.striversrowusa.com/http://www.striversrowusa.com/
or Barneys New York CO-OP at phipps plaza across from Lenox Mall

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by ev209

ive read up on many different ways to soak/wash. what do you recommend?

This will sound weird, but you will get a better result by soaking the jeans (unsanforized) while wearing them and allowing them to partial dry out while they are still on.  This will semi-mold them to you and alleviate any issues you have getting them back on. 
would you mind elaborating on this please? not really to sure what you mean.....

had these for nearly 2 years..... no wash

APC Rescues.

i love these things, but they were too the point of being so nappy from FL Humidity i had to wash.
so i threw them in a cold wash, and let them hang dry. i think they look damn good.

iphone pics, so they arent that great, but heres a before and after the wash....

wallet in back right, keys in back left. iphone in front left for about 2 years
pimp.gif

2cr3ghh.jpg

10oh6y8.jpg

2jhbwj.jpg

333damw.jpg

^^^ Not PRPS, king krash denim. Same founder but the jeans aren't like the PRPS from Japan.

King Krash and the PRPS heirloom line both sucked in my opinion but he made them so people seeking PRPS can get them at an affordable price.
Now the new PRPS & Goods line is amazing but nothing beats the original PRPS.

Tried on a pair of Edwins yesterday for the first time.. 
pimp.gif
  They were a washed and treated pair but still had the selvedge and were probably the most comfortable pair of denims I have ever tried on... too bad they were a size too big.  But now I'm definitely on the hunt for some Edwins for my next pair. 

Originally Posted by Mr 100

^^^ Not PRPS, king krash denim. Same founder but the jeans aren't like the PRPS from Japan.

King Krash and the PRPS heirloom line both sucked in my opinion but he made them so people seeking PRPS can get them at an affordable price.
Now the new PRPS & Goods line is amazing but nothing beats the original PRPS.

Great info, bro.  I'm not into PRPS nor know much about them.  I think I'll see what it's all about.

PRPS is amazing. Ever since the first pair I been addicted. Barracuda cut is the best fit.

My nudie thinn finn ultra indigo coated jeans- owned for about a year and about 8 months actual wear.

And these are the silk skinny guys I picked up while Barneys in aventura was closing down.
Worn about 1 month tatal.

If your gonna buy weird guys and dont wear baggy jeans please size down, mine stretched from a 38 and are about 39 to 40 now.

And here are my nudies in the freezer to get some stink outta them, tried leaving them in the sun but saw some kid looking like he was about to snatch em.

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by ev209

ive read up on many different ways to soak/wash. what do you recommend?

This will sound weird, but you will get a better result by soaking the jeans (unsanforized) while wearing them and allowing them to partial dry out while they are still on.  This will semi-mold them to you and alleviate any issues you have getting them back on. 
would you mind elaborating on this please? not really to sure what you mean.....
Depending on whether or not you sized up properly, once you soak unsanforized denim; they will shrink in the waist, thigh, and inseam.  My soaking with them on and allowing them to partially dry on you, they will mold to you and won't shrink to the point where you will have issues putting them on.
I have a pair of Iron Hearts below as an example.  I soaked with them on and allowed it to dry on me.  As you can see, it has my shape.  Also, keep in mind that these were 19oz.  So, even after the wash they were still stiff as plywood. 

Hope this helps.

just got a pair of cheap 501 stf's to see how they go. after a soak they fit perfect. if these go well gonna step it up to some LVCs. love the fit of 501s and see no reason to switch.

anyone have any experience with the khaki 501s? debating whether i should get the STFs or the pre-shrunk ones..

Any recommendations on 501 STF type fit with more of a taper at the bottom? I cant mess with skinny 511/513 due to my muscular thighs.

So I took my jeans to get hemmed a few days ago.

They were 36 and I asked for a 34 [I'm usually a 32-33 but, wanted a 34 for a little stacking]. When I picked them up, I compared them to other jeans and they hemmed them at a 31. So if I cuff them, they almost look like high-waters. There is no stacking at all now.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

They were 36 and I asked for a 34 [I'm usually a 32-33 but, wanted a 34 for a little stacking]. When I picked them up, I compared them to other jeans and they hemmed them at a 31. So if I cuff them, they almost look like high-waters. There is no stacking at all now.

mad.gif
i feel your pain bro, had my old jeans hemmed and they ended up shorter than expected 
eyes.gif
 of course no stacking so i'm debating whether i wanna go through with letting my apc's get hemmed or not...

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

mad.gif
i actually don't mind my jeans having the high-waters look.
i wear my a.p.c.'s the same way as the guy below..

tumblr_lqnzkgV7X71qcv22x

I also think the lady washed them or did something with them since the denim isn't the same. I think she may have pressed them.

Back
Top Bottom