*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

^i wear grim tim, have dry dirt organic on right now and after 4 months of hard use they are still more or less true to size. i wear a 36, they're a nice balanced fit, you might be able to do 32W if you want. around 8" at the hem or so, smaller size would be a touch narrower.
How do these fit compared to Levi's? I imagine they fit like 514s... how do they fit around the ankles?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Tellason for Steven Alan denim on sale for $139 (not many sizes left)

http://www.stevenalan.com.../sale/john-graham-mellor

TEL_JOHN_GRAHAM_MELLOR_GREY.jpg

Best way to stretch jeans around the waist? I gained weight... trying to stretch my 5 month old ih301s. probably all stretched huh ?

Working on some weird guy indigo/indigo slubs at the moment. Love them. Had them for about a month now

Also soaking denim before you begin to rock can kind of mess up the fading process. I would say waitAlso the best way to stretch denim is by simply wearing them. But they might not stretchIf you are looking for good cheap denim . There's always the unbranded denim at urban outfitters which fade extremely well and are very good quality from what I've seen

My 3Sixteen SL 100x have since softened up, and they're easily the most comfortable denim I've ever owned. Hopefully I get some pretty nice fades on these. They're my go to denim.

I just recently picked up some Jean Shop - Rocker's. Similar fit to the 3Sixteens I own. I'm a fan so far.

Originally Posted by peezykbaby

Best way to stretch jeans around the waist? I gained weight... trying to stretch my 5 month old ih301s. probably all stretched huh ?

i know people that have used books, weights, wood blocks to stretch their jeans
or just wear it zipped as much as possible and hopefully itll give away some

motivation to hit the gym again
laugh.gif
wink.gif
  good luck!

^ depends what cut you got....if they're raw, then yes, you would need to soak prior.

30 min later.....drippin:

Cris.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

What are the best cut of tapered jeans for an athletic dude that works out and has big quads/hammies/glutes but skinny from the knee down.

521s
pimp.gif
I'm a skinny guy, but my quads/hamstrings/glutes are huge from all the track and field/ cross country I did from middle school and high school. Somehow I still have chicken leg calves though
laugh.gif
521s are looser in the thighs but tapered from the knee down, which is perfect for me.

Anyways, I'm looking to buy APCs again (used to have the black and indigo New Standards) but I've heard that the quality isn't the same nowadays. Can anyone comment on that?
 Also, the price increase
sick.gif
I bought them when they were $140

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by datpiff110

true religion>>>>>
Very good quality and they last long

please stop, i know its jokes, but a lot of people that have been visiting recently are completely new to denim.  thanks 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Why the cold soak? Will you still hot soak it to get the shrinkage out?

Hot soak to shrink them down as much as possible.  Cold soaks will shrink a lot less, and are usually done after the first wash
--edit--

there has been claims that the hotter the water the greater the indigo wash, despite the fact that indigo is insoluble in water, so this may be due to other factors that happened to coincide with the water temperature

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Weird soaking method. I always soak flat in the tub

.............I soak flat in the tub as well, but with the timing I had, I had to throw them in a circular tub in my garage, should have the same outcome.

Cris.

Back
Top Bottom