*| | Denim _ School | |*

Self Edge Product Updates

Even though the holidays are over we're still moving full steam ahead with new products and restocks rolling into all three stores on an almost daily basis.

Real Japan Blues

Real Japan Blues has finished a new run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are available again at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. These are made of a new denim, the same denim found on the SEXFHXRJB15 jean, 14oz unsanforized indigo denim which ages great over time and was developed by RJB to mimic the fading characteristics on Flat Head's 3xxx denim with a slightly different feel.

3sixteen+

From 3sixteen+ we've received a new run of the 21BSP slim cut jean made up of an unsanforized 1:nerd:z denim made specifically for this series of jeans. For the second run of this jean the fit is a bit slimmer through the legs and it's a bit more tapered. A great value when the quality of fabric and construction is taken into consideration.

Stevenson Overall Co.

We got Stevenson Overall Co. to do another run of the silk skull-caps for us, these things are soft to the touch, extremely warm, and woven on vintage shuttle looms. These are available again in navy or gray.

Iron Heart

From Iron Heart we've received more shirts and a full restock of all their jeans currently in production along with the Beatle Buster, 301s, overdyed 634s-B, 634s, and the new 634-RAW jean. 

Strike Gold!

Strike Gold has sent us a full restock of all four jeans models along with their belts and a small restock of their Game Changing loopwheeled crewneck sweaters. Self Edge LA has also received a restock of their flannel shirts.

Sugar Cane

Sugar Cane has sent us a full restock of all their jeans including the popular 2009 cut. Watch out for the Self Edge x Toyo Black Jungle Cloth pant coming to all stores on January 7th.

Dry Bones

The wacked out guys at Dry Bones have delivered their new winter collection in the form of a few new shirts and a woven melton wool award jacket. Along with these new pieces all stores have received a restock of the Red-D slim jeans, the dual-prong belt, and all eyewear.

Flat Head

From Flat Head we've gotten in their heavy winter flannels in multiple colors along with some restocks of their past shirts. At SENY we received woven skull caps too. All stores have received a few jean model restocks from Flat Head, a bigger and more complete restock is hitting stores next week.

Kawatako Leathers

Next week we'll be receiving a big restock from Kawatako with belts, wallets, keyhooks, and camera cases.

3sixteen

From 3sixteen we're getting weekly restocks of every jean we stock from them along with the leather bracelets, we try and stock them as fast as possible so if your size is missing we should be getting it back in within days. These things are selling faster than they can produce them.

Lowside Mag

We got both issue 05 and 06 of Lowside Magazine back in stock for all you grease-monkeys.

Yellow Rat

Last but not least, we've filled in all of the missing sizes of all seven Yellow Rat tops we have in store, this is the last restock on these items.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

can someone school me on raw denim? I need to up my jeans game I've been with Levis all my life and wanted to try something new, I don't like the "skinny look" but I do want something fitted or tapered. Any suggestions for brands to look out for online and in stores? thanks

try APC New Standards or Naked & Famous Weird Guy

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Help me out...
Is it a good idea to scoop some Samurai 710s, pre-owned off of eBay? Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1...555.l2649#ht_7575wt_1189

Size is what I want, I'm just wondering if eBay is the way to go or get a brand new one from Blueingreen?

Depends on your preference. I prefer to go through the process of wearing jeans so it fades how i wear them, but if you want you want to skip the process then go ahead and buy off ebay.

I need some new jeans to start the new year......I have a pair of A&F Kilburn Low Rise Boot Cut in a 31x32 that I love. I keep thinking about getting some APC Rescues or I keep thinking the Undefeated jeans people post look good. My question is...I see places like DenimBar that offer inseams of 32.5 for the APCs, am I supposed to order that or get the regular 34 and have it hemmed? Also if I'm a 31 would sizing down to 29 be right? I'm not looking for anything to skinny/slim.

Originally Posted by crisone

SEXIH07BK....lost count really prior, but they've been worn for the past 2 months straight now:

Cris.
i dig, they seem like they bleed much, and youve never washed them?

Copped a pair of Levi Matchstick Selvedge - Made with Blue. I'm usually a size 33, tried on the 34s and they fit like lady jeans, tried on the 36s and I loved how they fit around the legs. But the upper have of the jeans don't fit as well. I'm sure that will all change upon 1st wash or I will just tailor the waist. Honestly though, I hate wearing/breaking in these stiffass jeans, Idk if I'm going to make it 6 months....I want to soak them now
laugh.gif

-The Juice

I have a job now so I can now afford denim 
laugh.gif
What do you guys suggest for around $150-200 that fit similar to Levi's 511

I was thinking about A.P.C new cure but i've heard the quality has dropped over the years

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

laugh.gif

I was thinking about A.P.C new cure but i've heard the quality has dropped over the years
Naked&Famous Slim Guys or Weird Guys
You might be able to find something from 3sixteen and Rogue, but with tax it might be a little over $200

Originally Posted by joshyy1834

I'm a size 36 waist and i'm 5'9. I have short legs and my waist size makes it look even weirder . I need brand suggestions or just advice in general on how to have a better fit. I suck at shopping for jeans/pants 
frown.gif
Same here except I'm a 33-34 waist.
The only advice I have is getting them tailored. Your width should be your priority, then worry about getting them hemmed after. 

Is sucks not being able to wear jeans off the rack without cuffing them.

Complete scrub when it comes to raw denim, will someone please school me?

I want to cop my first pair of raw denim. My passion for quality and longevity and interest in revamping my wardrobe sort of led me on.
I'm looking at a number of nice jeans, but the leg opening on most if not all of them is much too big for my liking. Even if the fit through the leg seems to be fine (slim straight/skinny), the size of the leg opening gives the appearance of a flare/boot-cut near the stacking.

Assuming I am supposed to hot soak the garment before first wear, should I have them tailored before or after this hot soak?
Is an initial hot soak in fact necessary?

I've only really checked out Real Japan Blues, Naked & Famous, and Nudie.. does anyone have further suggestions for quality brands that offer skinny fits (I prefer slim straight, but since my legs are slim as %$!$ I usually have to go with skinny in order to get that slim straight fit)?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

I want to cop my first pair of raw denim. My passion for quality and longevity and interest in revamping my wardrobe sort of led me on.
I'm looking at a number of nice jeans, but the leg opening on most if not all of them is much too big for my liking. Even if the fit through the leg seems to be fine (slim straight/skinny), the size of the leg opening gives the appearance of a flare/boot-cut near the stacking.

Assuming I am supposed to hot soak the garment before first wear, should I have them tailored before or after this hot soak?

I've only really checked out Real Japan Blues, Naked & Famous, and Nudie.. does anyone have further suggestions for quality brands that offer skinny fits (I prefer slim straight, but since my legs are slim as %$!$ I usually have to go with skinny in order to get that slim straight fit)?

Thanks in advance!
You Should try Naked and Famous Skinny Guys and size down from your normal size. Those jeans are super skinny, they should fit to your liking.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by crisone

SEXIH07BK....lost count really prior, but they've been worn for the past 2 months straight now:

Cris.
i dig, they seem like they bleed much, and youve never washed them?

...........One wash so far.

Cris.

haven't had a nice fresh pair of raw jeans in a couple of years, so the lady got me some iron hearts for my bday. she's awesome, the jeans are awesome, and self edge is awesome. picked them up today, and they'll start their journey this weekend.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

laugh.gif

Naked&Famous Slim Guys or Weird Guys
You might be able to find something from 3sixteen and Rogue, but with tax it might be a little over $200

Nudie Grim Tim or Slim Jim.  The Grim Tims are slightly over 200 I believe...

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Thanks in advance!

price range? There are a LOT of skinny cuts for raw denim.

Back
Top Bottom