*| | Denim _ School | |*

My imperial dukes of ~4 years.

what's retail for this brand? i googled and its 360 on selfedge :x i can't bring myself to pay more than 200 and thats pushing it..

I usually wear a 30, should i size down to a 28 in NAKED & FAMOUS WEIRD GUYS?

most brands to my knowledge advise to sz down two sizes.

the thing is these jeans stretch. if you get your true size they will fit too big in a few months..

happen to my friend believe me it sucks..

now if you sag your jeans then i guess youd be okay..

I usually wear a 30, should i size down to a 28 in NAKED & FAMOUS WEIRD GUYS?

The problem is N&F and most other brands are vanity sized. By you saying you usually wear 30 doesn't help. You wear a 30 normal could really be a true 33 waist and the N&F 28 could be a true 31 waist.

I would measure my waist and go to blueowl.us.

Once you know your true waist size, you can sizing accordingly. I would not recommend sizing down two tho.

what's retail for this brand? i googled and its 360 on selfedge :x i can't bring myself to pay more than 200 and thats pushing it..

That sounds about right, it might've been in the 400s way back then, i forget.

I truly love these jeans, and they've lasted me ~4 years. That's like $90/year which might not be the best way to rationalize it, but it works for me :lol:

I'm a consumer that likes to do his research; this allows me to invest in a quality product that I believe in. Sometimes price plays a strong factor in our decisions, but if it's something you've done your due diligence over and you know it's right for you and that you'll cherish it for a long time, then that should be more than enough to justify the purchase.

I started this thread almost 5 years ago with the exact intentions, and I'm just hoping that all the readers and members were able to invest in a pair of quality denim jeans.

Last edited:
My imperial dukes of ~4 years.

feels good to be back after a week of suspension. these are beauties :pimp:
^ They were a great brand to introduce to beginners back then due to their price. When I first looked up information on dry denim, I believe they were ~120(?). I know for sure they were at $140 for a great long span.

$175 is a pretty large increase to me, considering the fact that there are numerous other companies offering comparable denim for the same or lesser price.

$150-175 retail for a pair of shoes does not indicate that these shoes are of great quality, it just means that the customers have been willing to pay that price often enough to substantiate Nike's retail listing

i believe this is analogous to APC's pricing of their denim, i don't believe there have been any quality increases in terms of the denim, itself. there's just been a growing customer base willing to pay the price tag.

I wish the poster claiming that they were "terrible" would elaborate in better detail, as it's a subjective claim. I'm interested as to why anyone would make such a sweeping statement.

--
Based on previous posts, I believe the jeans are trade in only
I remember getting my NS for about under a hundred bucks at this place called GreyOne but the price for them increased over the years. I think the ones they sell today don't have the button. I'll probably post my APCs in the future, I've had them since '05

1ovamp.jpg

Who has a pair of the RRL Low Straight Raws? Considering the purchase soon. Compared to the APC raws, what is the denim like?

Denim is great quality, I don't have a picture of the entire jean but you can get a good idea of what they'll look like after awhile with this pic...

1 year 1 wash

I did that. I have big thighs. They fit on my waist but was skin tight on my thighs. Bought some new ones and upgraded to a 31. Perfect fit for me.

Last edited:
S I wear the GAP skinny jeans amd they aren't like skateboarder skinnys- they. Fit like a slim jean, if anyone is familiar with these what's comparable in a Levi?

S I wear the GAP skinny jeans amd they aren't like skateboarder skinnys- they. Fit like a slim jean, if anyone is familiar with these what's comparable in a Levi?

514's are a nice slim fit without them being super skinny.

511's are almost skateboard skinny

I don't even wear denims anymore, Straight chinos all day!..but i was heavy into levi's a couple years back. might get back into . Good jeans in these threads.

Didn't get a chance to browse through the thread but what are some good bootcut jeans that you guys recommend? 

I like: Gap, Diesel, Seven, and Ralph Lauren. 

Got the Low Straights a few weeks back and been wearing them non-stop. Thick *** jeans. I'm looking to pick up the slim rigids next but I can't find a 30 x 34 to save my life.

Got the Low Straights a few weeks back and been wearing them non-stop. Thick *** jeans. I'm looking to pick up the slim rigids next but I can't find a 30 x 34 to save my life.

Been trying thinking about picking up a pair. How do they run? From what I gathered they're vanity sized.

Been trying thinking about picking up a pair. How do they run? From what I gathered they're vanity sized.

I'm usually a 31 and went with a 30 and it was fine. Depends how you want them to fit. I wouldn't go down anything past 2 sizes if it were me.

I really need decent denim in that $125-$175 category.

What name brands fit tall skinny dudes? I am 6 ft 5 - 200 lbs :smh:

Any names worth chasing come black Friday?

Back
Top Bottom