*| | Denim _ School | |*

If it's something like tapering and I know the width I want it at, I just tell her and she'll chalk it while I'm there to make sure it's what I want. If I want it something hemmed I'll put them on and have her chalk it where I want them hemmed

:wow: I need to find a tailor like that. Anytime I've gotten jeans tapered it's been $15-$20

To be clear-I've never had selvedge tapered which I would imagine is a bit more expensive. It depends a lot on where you live too, if you live in a city or large town it's likely to be more expensive. I live in a small beach town so the tailors here don't deal with a high volume of customers

Went to Mildblend in Chicago today and copped my first pair of raw denim. Went with the UB101s. The staff was super helpful and even hemmed them on the spot for free. 
pimp.gif
 Finally joined the club!

Went to Mildblend in Chicago today and copped my first pair of raw denim. Went with the UB101s. The staff was super helpful and even hemmed them on the spot for free. 
pimp.gif
 Finally joined the club!
what other brands do they have
They had a big selection, I didn't check everything out but I spent some time looking at Nudies, N&F, Rogue Territory, and obviously UB. They had way more stuff though. It's definitely worth checking out.

They had a big selection, I didn't check everything out but I spent some time looking at Nudies, N&F, Rogue Territory, and obviously UB. They had way more stuff though. It's definitely worth checking out.

I just checked out the website, didn't know we had a real denim store now, it's been a while since I been up to Milwaukee ave, imma have to check it out

I just checked out the website, didn't know we had a real denim store now, it's been a while since I been up to Milwaukee ave, imma have to check it out
Yea it was a nice boutique, the website doesn't really reflect their actual stock. They have A LOT in the store. The staff is super knowledgable and will help you out with all of your needs too.

Yea it was a nice boutique, the website doesn't really reflect their actual stock. They have A LOT in the store. The staff is super knowledgable and will help you out with all of your needs too.

Thanks... I need to go check it out to try on the different N&F fits.

Just left detroitdenim.com with my first pair of selvedge denim. Eric the owner was great to deal with. He walked me though every detail. Had a pair that they just finished this morning waiting for me when I got there. Had me try them on to make sure that they fit then marked the leg and hemmed them to the perfect length.Everything is hand cut and sewn in house. I am very happy that I can support a local business and get a quality product. If you are looking for a good denim and want to support a good local business look up detroitdenim.com and give them a shot.

-Red- -Red-

Appreciate it, bro! If you get a chance, some pics would be much appreciated, as well.

Any advice on what I should tell a tailor on How to taper my jeans without messing up the selcedge? Im thinking of bringing in just a pair of other jeans so they can match measurements. But anything else more specific?

Has anyone worn unbranded denim? Looking to get a pair but wanted some opinions from the nt experts first. Thanks guys

Has anyone worn unbranded denim? Looking to get a pair but wanted some opinions from the nt experts first. Thanks guys

There is a ton of information in this thread about UB's. Just type Unbranded into the search bar

my girl got me some selvedge skinnys from GAP for christmas and i absolutely love them, perfect fit and i can already tell that in a year they're gonna look amazing.. great affordable raw jeans imo.

my poor nudie's get no play anymore.. :lol:

Last edited:
my girl got me some selvedge skinnys from GAP for christmas and i absolutely love them, perfect fit and i can already tell that in a year they're gonna look amazing.. great affordable raw jeans imo.

My gap slim selvedge been a quality pair of denim. Friends who have considerably higher end denim say they look nice to be 120 lol

My gap slim selvedge been a quality pair of denim. Friends who have considerably higher end denim say they look nice to be 120 lol

I bought my gap slims a year ago and wear them all the time. Should've tried the skinnys out. People have said the gap raws don't fade well though. Might wash my pairs soon and find out.

the only thing about these gap's is that they're stiff as hell at first.. 13 oz denim

on another note i just started soaking my 14 month old nudie thinn finn's, mostly just so they'll shrink a little.

that's it, just make sure to hammer that point home.

it also wouldn't hurt to know the measurements you want going in
[/B
What would and how would I find my measurements exactly might I ask? I know with measuring tape, but what parts of my body? I usually just try things on.

Back
Top Bottom