*| | Denim _ School | |*

Do you guys mess with Closed? I have a pair of jeans and a few tops from them. Always buy from their sale section. Just picked up these today for $108 shipped.

Is there any company that distresses denim? or a company I can send jeans to, to get tapered from the knee downwards (leg opening)?

Thanks.

RRL are just as basic if not worse than Japan Blue
laugh.gif
. Japan Blue are good for what they are. A lot better than APCs for sure.
Not, Really. I have had Nudies, Naked and famous, Momotaro, Japan Blue and RRL. RRL is right on par with Momotaro.  I will admit that I am referring to there raw selvedge Jeans that are made using Japanese denim and all the ones I have are there limited edition ones. I have no experience with their basic cone denim ones.

Got my apc pNS in the mail last night. Definitely slimmer then my other pairs of denim. Sized down on the waist and got a 33. It fits perfectly but I wasn't sure if the bottom part of the jeans that's on the calf was too tight. My brother says it looks good.

Anyone think this looks ok or should I return for new standards in a 32. Sorry for bad iPhone pic

Not, Really. I have had Nudies, Naked and famous, Momotaro, Japan Blue and RRL. RRL is right on par with Momotaro.  I will admit that I am referring to there raw selvedge Jeans that are made using Japanese denim and all the ones I have are there limited edition ones. I have no experience with their basic cone denim ones.

RRL are just as basic if not worse than Japan Blue
laugh.gif
. Japan Blue are good for what they are. A lot better than APCs for sure.
I have 2x Nudies, 1x APC, 1x N&F, and 1x Japan Blue to mention.  N&F's cutting just doesn't do it for me, but I like how they have so much selections.  APCs are okay, but the bubble butt bugs me now, and these are my IDGAF jeans.  Currently working on a pair of Japan Blue.  I love the cutting, but the denim is heavier than what I've had in the past.  It also bleeds a lot different from my other pairs.  Curious to see how the Japan Blue turns out though.

My longest pair (8-10 years?) of denim to this day would be a pair of Nudies.  LOL  They are by far my most comfortable and go to pair.  They feel like butter.  Maybe they are TOO OLD, because the button flies pop out often, lol.

All in all, I don't see my self dropping that much on denim anymore as it could take me years to develop fades.  But I personally see myself wearing my Nudies a bit more because of comfort, but I wish they offered more zip flies.

Last edited:
About 4 months of near daily wear on these FH2001's. Love these things. Fades coming in as expected. Nothing crazy this early on. 

Got my apc pNS in the mail last night. Definitely slimmer then my other pairs of denim. Sized down on the waist and got a 33. It fits perfectly but I wasn't sure if the bottom part of the jeans that's on the calf was too tight. My brother says it looks good.

Anyone think this looks ok or should I return for new standards in a 32. Sorry for bad iPhone pic

They look good man in this pic and the other picture. As long as they're not hugging your calves which they don't look like they are

from that angle, looks fine to me bro, as long as your happy and they feel comfortable , but yea looks good

I used to wear my denim with stacks but **** just looks childish now. 2-3 is fine. But I see some here with OD stacks and it just looks ******ed.

you really think so? I thought they were too long ? 

The girls from the jean place I buy them from say they need to be hemmed to the perfect length... iono

Last edited:
My advice would be give them a soak and rock them for a few weeks. think they stack more right off the bat, but once they start to fall naturally, you won't notice it as much and you might like the length. At that point you can decide.

I'm 5'9" and the joints I posted above were 38" pre-soak. Never hemmed up and love the length now.

Those looks horrible imo 
sick.gif

Hem those joints b. Hem off like 3 inches. Maybe 4.

:lol: There's prolly like 5" of extra length on them. You take 4" off there won't be nothing to stack once he soaks or washes them.

Are they sanforized or un? If un, he's good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom