*| | Denim _ School | |*

Bought J Brand Tyler in Black in March. Came to wear them a couple weeks ago and they fit me kinda baggier than I normally like. Been hitting it hard in the gym and the fit changed on me. Tried to return to J brand without tags to get a slimmer fit, but they won't accept them (not worn just tried on). Sucks because j now have to take the L. Welp.

loving the threading on these..cant wait to get home and throw them on

pimp.gif

Stopped by Uniqlo to look around and literally walked out with a pair of their Selvedged denim on :lol:

Crotch blowouts happen cause the bacteria ruins the denim if the denim isn't washed, from what the owner of Self-Edge says.

No, they happen from the friction of walking and having your jeans rub together/stretched without them ever getting washed/dried which brings the cotton fibers closer together

Hence on if you throw some pants in the dryer the will fit tighter after you pull them out

But wearing everyday will create a lot of friction/stretching and eventually denim with rip. Nothing to do with bacteria. Jeans should never be washed

:lol:

Last edited:
Here are my Levi's 501 STF from several years back. I totally lost count of the amount of washes. But I do want to say that I held off the first soak for like 6-7 months. Now that I think of it, when I soaked these I think, I only soaked the top block when they got loose and left the rest as is. Then I gave them a first full soak towards the end of the year.

Here are my Levi's 501 STF from several years back. I totally lost count of the amount of washes. But I do want to say that I held off the first soak for like 6-7 months. Now that I think of it, when I soaked these I think, I only soaked the top block when they got loose and left the rest as is. Then I gave them a first full soak towards the end of the year.
Nice.  What did you soak it in?  Like warm or cold water?  And did u hang dry afterwards?  In sun or not?

Just curious about the techniques or secrets that people use.

Cold water for like 45 mins and I did hang dry in the sun.
Cool. looks good.

Will keep that in m ind.  I noticed for one of my first soak washes before, the pair left BROWN water. LOL  I guess it was 'that ' dirty.  I actually had to like to rinse it a few times till I was okay with it..

Last edited:
Was it brown or yellow? If it was yellow, it might have been starch and from what I understand it helps keep the denim rigid. But yeah, that's normal on the first soak.

Random question: For anyone who's recently purchased a pair of APC's, how's the quality? I remember there was a time they were $140, but since then they've gone up to $190? That's quite a difference. Anyway, I do really like the minimalist look of their new standards/cures, but really hesitant to pay that much. Any thoughts?

Was it brown or yellow? If it was yellow, it might have been starch and from what I understand it helps keep the denim rigid. But yeah, that's normal on the first soak.

Random question: For anyone who's recently purchased a pair of APC's, how's the quality? I remember there was a time they were $140, but since then they've gone up to $190? That's quite a difference. Anyway, I do really like the minimalist look of their new standards/cures, but really hesitant to pay that much. Any thoughts?
It was a long while.  It had the brown/yellow and the blueish from the dye.  It was just weird. LOL  I was like, man the jeans are REALLY DIRTY.  Thanks.

I have a pair of APC PS i've been wearing for 6 months now just washed them for the first time last week because they were filthy but imo I wouldn't pay retail. The quality from what i've read has declined quite a bit since their 140$ price tag days. Their minimalist look is definitely what attracted myself to them and the fit is awesome but I am definitely looking towards paying a extra hundred and get some Roys, Railcar, or maybe The Strike Gold once I hang these up. Having Self-edge in my city and walking by once a week is definitely tempting but I have to wait on spending 250-350$ for some denim even though the investment is well worth it. Sorry for my rant lol got off track.

Last edited:
I have a pair of APC PS i've been wearing for 6 months now just washed them for the first time last week because they were filthy but imo I wouldn't pay retail. The quality from what i've read has declined quite a bit since their 140$ price tag days. Their minimalist look is definitely what attracted myself to them and the fit is awesome but I am definitely looking towards paying a extra hundred and get some Roys, Railcar, or maybe The Strike Gold once I hang these up. Having Self-edge in my city and walking by once a week is definitely tempting but I have to wait on spending 250-350$ for some denim even though the investment is well worth it. Sorry for my rant lol got off track.

Summer is near, so I am doing my nudies. Man they are soft and light. Thats just me though.

If you're looking for new denim check out reddit's raw denim section. A lot of knowledgable people and they post some good deals some days.

Summer is near, so I am doing my nudies. Man they are soft and light. Thats just me though.
I have no real summer in San Francisco lol, our summer doesn't start until late August. I am looking into 17 oz denim at the most, cannot do 20 plus ounce denim like Iron Heart and such.

If you're looking for new denim check out reddit's raw denim section. A lot of knowledgable people and they post some good deals some days.

lol. my pure blues are a lot thicker than my nudies. i mean it gives me an option and different feel, so its cool. i dunno why, i just prefer the buttery nudies. but they dont seem to be made for ruggedness.

oh well. the thinn finn is my current go to. my pure blues are proally my most expensive, but i havent worn them as much as i would have liked. lol

Been breaking in a pair of 3Sixteens for about 10 months now. They're starting to smell kind of foul. Will a 1 hour soak in cold water cure the smell? :lol:

Been breaking in a pair of 3Sixteens for about 10 months now. They're starting to smell kind of foul. Will a 1 hour soak in cold water cure the smell? :lol:
I'm around 6 months with my N&F.  I sprayed febreeze on them and put it in a plastic zip lock bag like you get from supreme.  And then I stuck them in the freezer for about a day.  It came out smelling and feeling brand new.  Might start doing it once a month.

soak them with a half cap of detergent (woolite dark), rinse and you'll be good to go

Been breaking in a pair of 3Sixteens for about 10 months now. They're starting to smell kind of foul. Will a 1 hour soak in cold water cure the smell?
laugh.gif
soak them with a half cap of detergent (woolite dark), rinse and you'll be good to go
Yee. 

Yea I've put them in the freezer overnight before, helped for a few days but it's starting to get serious. 

Last edited:

Yee. 

Yea I've put them in the freezer overnight before, helped for a few days but it's starting to get serious. 
I was just at self-edge an hour a go and I did my first wash at 6 months so 10 days a go. Employee there told me to do it every 3 months from here on out or it will go down hill on mine.

Back
Top Bottom