*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

there are some denim and fashion elitist up in here.

word up.

sidney dude no hate, but you don't have you act like you are the only person in the world that knows anything about denim, and is the absolute fashionelitist (other than your buddy kiya,who actually provides useful information and doesn't just come in here just to roll on dudes who are not wearing thebest and most exclusive japanese denim).

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt 727

word up.

sidney dude no hate, but you don't have you act like you are the only person in the world that knows anything about denim, and is the absolute fashion elitist (other than your buddy kiya,who actually provides useful information and doesn't just come in here just to roll on dudes who are not wearing the best and most exclusive japanese denim).

is you name really MIKE HUNT??
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cq45

word up.

sidney dude no hate, but you don't have you act like you are the only person in the world that knows anything about denim, and is the absolute fashion elitist (other than your buddy kiya,who actually provides useful information and doesn't just come in here just to roll on dudes who are not wearing the best and most exclusive japanese denim).

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^Word. I have my opinions on how he dresses also, but since I have nothing nice to say, I'm not gonna say anything at all. Because at the end ofthe day, he's the one wearing the clothes so my opinion is meaningless. Actually, there is no reason to publicly insult anyone's wardrobe. if youdon't like it....fine, shake your head behind your computer screen and keep it moving.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
at Mike Hunt.

What is the quickest way to get honey combs and whiskers on your jeans?

Just bought a pair of Nudies Slim Jim Dry Black......I need to get whiskers and honey combs as quick as possible for a party this saturday.

Help is need. Thanks in advance. Every input is appreciated.

word up.

cosign. Stop with all these elitist comments. Let him rock orisue jeans if he wants. I swear, sid and kiya are like on every messageboard pushin theirproduct. I cant hate since they do have nice denim but the SExFH fit looks way too feminine for my taste.

Originally Posted by cq45

word up.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^Word. I have my opinions on how he dresses also, but since I have nothing nice to say, I'm not gonna say anything at all. Because at the end of the day, he's the one wearing the clothes so my opinion is meaningless. Actually, there is no reason to publicly insult anyone's wardrobe. if you don't like it....fine, shake your head behind your computer screen and keep it moving.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
at Mike Hunt.

word.
pimp.gif

if anyone in minneapolis wants a free pair of 33x36 levis STF get at me, they are too big for me. they are already soaked.

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

Originally Posted by Twig1026

OC0808008-RAWzoom1.jpg

OC0808008-RAWzoom5.jpg

OC0808008-RAWzoom4.jpg

just got these...fit like a charm
pimp.gif
those jeans are
sick.gif
, how much did u spend? hopefully no more than $30
laugh.gif

Why all the hate? These jeans may not use denim of the same quality as Flathead, Sugar Cane, Samurai and other premium Japanese denim brands,but the denim looks decent and they are well designed; they aren't ostentatious and they have good design flow and nice detailing. You guys need to chillwith the elitist attitude when you may know what your talking about as far as denim quality, but know nothing about design. I wear Sugar Cane, APC, etc likemany other people in this thread, but I can also appreciate a brand like Marithe Francois Girbaud (NOT the urban branch, but the high end designer branch) thatproduces excellently designed denim. For example, do you understand how difficult it is to patternmake a pair fo jeans without an outseam that will look goodand fit well? Also, though you may not realize it, design and pattermaking cost a lot of money. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to produce one model withthe same fit, same design and same detailing over and over again instead of actually producing new designs each season. Some of you need to learn how toappreciate both sides or stop pretending you know what you're saying.

Cool. And just as you seem to be clowning dude "cause he isn't up on Japanese Denim" I'm telling you that just like he may not be extrememlyknowledgeable about denim, you most likely know nothing about design. I know its your "PERSONAL OPINION." That's what an opinion is. If itwasn't personal, it wouldn't be YOUR opinion.

i didn't clown anybody, and pay attention before you run off at the mouth. i said in the beginning pages of this entire post that rule #1 should always beto wear what you like and is comfortable to you. and fyi i know plenty about design, it's what supports my denim/footwear habit.

p.s. although they are welocome in my eyes, difficult and intricate designs don't always equal better, Ralph lauren for one, has made simplicity andsubtlety damn near a benchmark in fashion over the past 3 decades

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Why is SuFu still down?

frown.gif

from what i understand, they've run into hosting issues....hopefully their finances and servers can get back in order

Originally Posted by Maybach Music

Just bought a pair of Nudies Slim Jim Dry Black......I need to get whiskers and honey combs as quick as possible for a party this saturday.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but there's no way you're going to get any wear on a pair of raw jeans in a few days. You should have justgone the hard-wash route if you wanted results that quickly.

Originally Posted by Maybach Music

I'm sorry to break it to you, but there's no way you're going to get any wear on a pair of raw jeans in a few days. You should have justgone the hard-wash route if you wanted results that quickly.

Sup Y'all.

New to denim and I'm interested in buying a nice pair.Thinking about Nudies on Self Edge.I'm not sure which to get,the Slim Jim fit or the Even Stevenfit.I have 501's and Raw Slim Morrison's that fit nice,but I never tried Nudies before.I'm pretty big to so just asking which fit is better forme.And also should I start with Nudies?or something cheaper.

And hot soaking in the bathtub is cool right?

what your size in the morrisons and 501's? but from what you posted it seems like the even steven would do you better

Originally Posted by overtime626

i didn't clown anybody, and pay attention before you run off at the mouth. i said in the beginning pages of this entire post that rule #1 should always be to wear what you like and is comfortable to you. and fyi i know plenty about design, it's what supports my denim/footwear habit.

p.s. although they are welocome in my eyes, difficult and intricate designs don't always equal better, Ralph lauren for one, has made simplicity and subtlety damn near a benchmark in fashion over the past 3 decades

Agreed (for the most part). My initial comments weren't specifically directed at you, so my bad if I seemed excessively adversarial. I like to argue, Ican't help it.
All I was trying to say is that people need to chill with the elitist attitude. It's one thing to say why you don't likesomething; it's another to just bash it blindly.

As far as design, brands like Ralph Lauren have been successful for other reasons besides purely classic design. Marketing also plays a huge part. Thisdoesn't mean I can't appreciate simple design, because I do. For example, I love most of Nom De Guerre's stuff. However, at its best design iswearable art. Unfortunately, 99% of fashion design companies constrain their designers by forcing them to simplify their designs in order to make theirproducts more marketable. The average person does not have a good understanding of construction, pattermaking and design and because of this, most likelycannot fully appreciate a garment that has all of these things.

All I was saying is that people need to at least try to broaden their perspectives.

Like the dudes in the luxury clothing thread that post up Gucci after LV after Gucci after LV piece after piece. Most of those seem to be buyig the stuffpurely for name brand recognition and status even if they don't realize it. It's funny in a way since many of the things they are buying have massivemarkups and are shoddily designed. Important, *I'm not comparing that stuff to the Japanese denim brands mentioned in this thread that produce well-madeworthwhile products*

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Originally Posted by overtime626

i didn't clown anybody, and pay attention before you run off at the mouth. i said in the beginning pages of this entire post that rule #1 should always be to wear what you like and is comfortable to you. and fyi i know plenty about design, it's what supports my denim/footwear habit.

p.s. although they are welocome in my eyes, difficult and intricate designs don't always equal better, Ralph lauren for one, has made simplicity and subtlety damn near a benchmark in fashion over the past 3 decades

Agreed (for the most part). My initial comments weren't specifically directed at you, so my bad if I seemed excessively adversarial. I like to argue, I can't help it.
All I was trying to say is that people need to chill with the elitist attitude. It's one thing to say why you don't like something; it's another to just bash it blindly.

As far as design, brands like Ralph Lauren have been successful for other reasons besides purely classic design. Marketing also plays a huge part. This doesn't mean I can't appreciate simple design, because I do. For example, I love most of Nom De Guerre's stuff. However, at its best design is wearable art. Unfortunately, 99% of fashion design companies constrain their designers by forcing them to simplify their designs in order to make their products more marketable. The average person does not have a good understanding of construction, pattermaking and design and because of this, most likely cannot fully appreciate a garment that has all of these things.

All I was saying is that people need to at least try to broaden their perspectives.

Like the dudes in the luxury clothing thread that post up Gucci after LV after Gucci after LV piece after piece. Most of those seem to be buyig the stuff purely for name brand recognition and status even if they don't realize it. It's funny in a way since many of the things they are buying have massive markups and are shoddily designed. Important, *I'm not comparing that stuff to the Japanese denim brands mentioned in this thread that produce well-made worthwhile products*

i know exactly what you mean, while i'm was helping my friend pick up new brands for his store you would not believe how many brands called aboutsmaller spinoff brand geared to specifically seem like they are some sort of authentic true fashion designs and not giant machines, especially diesel, theycall every flippin day
smh.gif

has anyone actually tried the "denim recipes" on a pair of APC's (the recipe they give you)? has anyone seen a difference in this by drycleaning them for their first wash rather than a cold/warm soak?

kiya: if you were in Vegas this past weekend, i'm pretty sure i saw you at the Chanel store at the Wynn. if that wasn't you, it was your exact double.

Originally Posted by LOVE DEM KICKS

My 501's are 38 with a little space, and my Morrison's are 40 with TOO MUCH space.

if you're somewhere where you can try them on try the 36 in the even steven but from the gist of your post i think you might like the regular ralf more,specifically RRDS

Back
Top Bottom