*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Stork

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

how do nudie average joes and straight svens fit compared to slim jims? can anybody give me a comparison?

I don't really know anything about denim terminology, but I tried on the average joes/slim jims and regular ralfs, and the average joes fit a lot more relaxed and open versus the Slim jims. However of the three I tried on I thought the average joe's weren't all that great looking, the RR's and the slim jims I was very impressed with, and I ended up going with the slim jims and am very satisfied.

IMO I think if you're going to drop that much on a legit pair of jeans then you should really try them on first(if you were planning on buying over the net), that way you will be pleased with the product.

Originally Posted by MATTDAINCREDIBLE

whats a good lvc cut and how do they run I've been thinking of getting a pair soon

I like the 1967 505's, I think they're one of the best looking LVC's.

i love the fit of my sj's...i have a pair of ralfs that i like too. i was just trying to see how their other cuts fit as well....thanks

Same, I'm also loving the sj's so far(1 month), hopefully by January they will look worn in more.

any pics of yours?

i also have to agree on the slim jims. i don't own a pair myself, yet, however i've tried them on @ the store and fell in love. right now i'mtrying to get it for cheap
nerd.gif
just waiting for kiyab to answer my questionhopefully
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Same, I'm also loving the sj's so far(1 month), hopefully by January they will look worn in more.

any pics of yours?

sorry no pics....i was asking about the straight svens and average joes b/c they both come in dry black selvedge which is what im looking fornow....sj's come in black but they apparently have some stretch in them which i am not into.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

kyab, any selfedge redeemable coupons
nerd.gif

Use this code for 25% off all Nudies: StyleForumNudies
We just got a restock of all the cuts two days ago...

any pics of yours?

sorry no pics....i was asking about the straight svens and average joes b/c they both come in dry black selvedge which is what im looking for now....sj's come in black but they apparently have some stretch in them which i am not into.

Just so you know.. The black selvedge Straight Sven was discontinued two months ago, and the Average Joe black selvedge was discontinued two weeks ago. And in three weeks the Straight Sven and Slim Kim models are being slashed too.

Originally Posted by kiyab

nerd.gif

thanks
happy.gif

$134.27!!!!!!

and to think.. i was going to drop $180 + tax @ this store where i tried them on.
smh.gif

any pics of yours?

sorry no pics....i was asking about the straight svens and average joes b/c they both come in dry black selvedge which is what im looking for now....sj's come in black but they apparently have some stretch in them which i am not into.

Just so you know.. The black selvedge Straight Sven was discontinued two months ago, and the Average Joe black selvedge was discontinued two weeks ago. And in three weeks the Straight Sven and Slim Kim models are being slashed too.

yea i know...thanks

thats why im scrambling and debating if i should get a pair now

nerd.gif

thanks
happy.gif

$134.27!!!!!!

and to think.. i was going to drop $180 + tax @ this store where i tried them on.
smh.gif

i might have to look into capitalizing on this, why are the straight sven so much more than others?

So I bought my first pair of selvedge jeans yesterday. I went to the APC store in SoHo and bought a pair of New Standard's. My question now is can I everwash my jeans. Cause my boys were telling me that you are not supposed to wash the jeans for like a couple years or some crazy !%$. I keep hearing that youhave to break them in od before ever washing them. Is this true?

^^ not a couple of years. i'd say 6-8 months. the longer, the better as you get better fades. When you do wash, little to no soap because it kills the dye.i'd recommend soaking actually. it allows you to clean them, but still allow you to fade them. me though, i haven't washed by apcs for 9 months andthey look amazing

^^depends what kind of look you are going for. Me personally, i dry clean all my selvege jeans after about wearing them for about 3 weeks. i really dont careabout the fade, i actuall want to keep them looking brand new with as little dye comming off as possible. they jeans will not fall apart if you wash thembefore 6 to 8 months. plus for some reson i cant wear stinky, dirty, stained jeans!

Originally Posted by hamez3

i might have to look into capitalizing on this, why are the straight sven so much more than others?

More than likely due to the fact they're selvedge.

Originally Posted by Maybach Music

Just bought a pair of Nudies Slim Jim Dry Black......I need to get whiskers and honey combs as quick as possible for a party this saturday.
laugh.gif

if you're looking for some straight sven selvedge, check www.cultizm.com they ship super fast and its pretty cheap, $170 with shipping yes it is foreignbut they are legit.

i am about 2 months into my STF's and they have not faded at all. i had read prior to getting them that the fades on them were pretty atrocious but idecided to give it a shot considering they were only $30. i think i might move on to some APC's soon though depending on my financial situation and givethose a whirl.
i'de post pics of my STF's but they are nothing to write home about at all.

So I just bought some 501 black jeans/pants. I was wondering how do I clean off the lint without washing them? Do I hand wash them and let them air dry so theywon't shrink ?

I don't know much about selvedge denim but I do know what it is.

My question is, why would someone prefer selvedge over regular stitching? Obviously the selvedge will hold up longer/not break but all my regular stitchedjeans never come undone so is it just a dumb reason for designers to drive up prices and offer a premium good that has no substantial benefit over the norm?

My xpost from sufu:

Levi's 501STF. The cheap kind. First raw denim experiment, cost me $33.

Worn from late September-October until about April? On-off at some points. Went two weeks without wearing them at one point. Washed just now, hot,unfortunately dried as well but not as much shrinkage as I thought. Probably should have gotten them longer initially.

Cold soak around end of January:

Post-wash (real color is a little darker):

Overall pleased...moving on to APC Rescues soon I guess.

I've got a couple questions,

I'm looking into upgrading my denim, but one thing I can't stand is that most jeans (APC, etc) seem to be low-rise. I really like how evisu's fit,but with so many fakes out there, I'd rather have something like Nudie, Sugar Cane, Mishka, etc. But I'm wondering for all you denim experts, whatbrands aren't low rise. And buying online is kinda dumb to me, where can I cop these high end brands in the Detroit area? Any and all help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by KG21

I don't know much about selvedge denim but I do know what it is.

My question is, why would someone prefer selvedge over regular stitching? Obviously the selvedge will hold up longer/not break but all my regular stitched jeans never come undone so is it just a dumb reason for designers to drive up prices and offer a premium good that has no substantial benefit over the norm?

Tradition. Authenticity (in regards to true reproductions). History.

It's not a tangible thing for people to collect. It's buying into a relic of the past because you have an appreciation for that certain level ofAmericana authenticity and passion for a repro.
Originally Posted by TheChicagoBull

I've got a couple questions,

I'm looking into upgrading my denim, but one thing I can't stand is that most jeans (APC, etc) seem to be low-rise. I really like how evisu's fit, but with so many fakes out there, I'd rather have something like Nudie, Sugar Cane, Mishka, etc. But I'm wondering for all you denim experts, what brands aren't low rise. And buying online is kinda dumb to me, where can I cop these high end brands in the Detroit area? Any and all help is appreciated.

Sorry dude. A.P.C. New Standards are mid-rise jeans. Nudie are low-rise. Mishka is streetwear.

You'll find more true mid-rise jeans with repro cuts.

Probably not many retailers in the Detroit area. Order online.

Back
Top Bottom