*| | Denim _ School | |*

If dye is getting all over your hands then you got some fufu cheap stuff quality wise
I mean it's a pair of Uniqlos, dye isn't getting everywhere. I just got them and want to avoid bleeding. I've washed my APCs and they still bleed. Just not as much. Hoping theses will be the same.
Cuff them for a few weeks.

It'll prevent indigo bleeding on your shoes. The denim will normalize by then.

PS - Higher end raw denim bleeds too.

Cuff them for a few weeks.

It'll prevent indigo bleeding on your shoes. The denim will normalize by then.

PS - Higher end raw denim bleeds too.

I know higher end raw denim bleeds.

My question really was just, if washing a brand new pair of denim would stop excess bleeding.

I'll give them a wash tho. I always wash my raw denim and don't really care for the "process" of getting fades.

My question really was just, if washing a brand new pair of denim would stop excess bleeding.

I'll give them a wash tho. I always wash my raw denim and don't really care for the "process" of getting fades.

Yea if you wash/soak them it will get a lot of the excess indigo out. Probably still have some slight bleeding though but it won't be as bad

Pretty sure they will still bleed a little bit... I always find random indigo stains on shoes from my IHs and i've washed them 3-5 times....

Last edited:
I remember wearing RAW STF 501s back in the days but knew they would bleed but wanted to still rock my new Dunk SBs or whatever. To this day, I still have those denim stains on my shoe and totally wish I would have just wore some beaters until the bleeding went away. Talk about being impatient.

I just took a bunch of half *** denims that I had in my closet collecting dust (mostly Gap stuff) and sold it and literally bought a brand new pair of Levis taper jeans. Don't even know why I bother trying to get into expensive denim. I should just rock these Levis tapereds since they fit the best without me trying to do a bunch of alterations.

I'm new to selvedge denim and I've been looking to get a pair of N&F. I've tried on the skinny guy. I've seen some pairs of N&F online and it has a tag that says "slim guy" and "new slim guy." Is that what the current skinny guy used to be called? Only reason I'm considering these is because they're brand new. Also, I'm not sure what "broken twill" and "left hand twill" means in terms of how they will look eventually or how comfortable they are. Is one better than the other? Thanks.

I'm new to selvedge denim and I've been looking to get a pair of N&F. I've tried on the skinny guy. I've seen some pairs of N&F online and it has a tag that says "slim guy" and "new slim guy." Is that what the current skinny guy used to be called? Only reason I'm considering these is because they're brand new. Also, I'm not sure what "broken twill" and "left hand twill" means in terms of how they will look eventually or how comfortable they are. Is one better than the other? Thanks.
Skinny guy does not equal slim guy. 

Slim guy does not equal new slim guy - I'm assuming N&F changed the cut slightly. 

check out heddels and /r/rawdenim for more info

@tfurumi  , can't answer the sizing since I have a "weird guy" fit on my N&F, but as for the different twills, they're supposed to have different fade results more than anything. I have a Left Hand Twill pair and they're supposed to have a faster break-in period than regular denim. Aside from what's suggested above, look up "blue owl workshop." They're a store, but their descriptions are really spot on and they offer great customer service in case you have any questions about specific models. If you're venturing into N&F, I would greatly suggest the LHT, I love my pair and it was my first pair of raw denim. 

Just got ripped off for a helming and tapering of two jeans. Total was $100. :smh

Last edited:
yeah, that's a lot considering that pants have to be rehemmed after being tapered anyways. you got hornswagled, fam

Damn you aren't told the price beforehand?

damn thats crazy

Man, what?

They didn't tell you the price of the alterations?

No way I would of paid that

yeah, that's a lot considering that pants have to be rehemmed after being tapered anyways. you got hornswagled, fam

They own the jeans now. I'm not paying for that.

They didn't tell me the price beforehand. I take all my clothes there to be dry cleaned and it's a little pricier than most places but they do an excellent job, however charging $50 per pants is just ridiculous. My mistake on not asking the price beforehand but I that at most it would've been $75. My first L of 2017.

Last edited:
It's alright we all make mistakes. Always ask that price beforehand or they'll get you. They got the leverage because they have your jeans so you'll have to pay :lol:

Skinny guy does not equal slim guy. 

Slim guy does not equal new slim guy - I'm assuming N&F changed the cut slightly. 

check out heddels and /r/rawdenim for more info
You were right. From what I found online, slim guy and new slim guy fit bigger than the skinny guy.

@tfurumiI have a Left Hand Twill pair and they're supposed to have a faster break-in period than regular denim. Aside from what's suggested above, look up "blue owl workshop." They're a store, but their descriptions are really spot on and they offer great customer service in case you have any questions about specific models. If you're venturing into N&F, I would greatly suggest the LHT, I love my pair and it was my first pair of raw denim. 
Nice. Thanks for the suggestion. I am officially leaning toward LHT now. Haha. Hoping I can find a good deal online.

Back
Top Bottom