*| | Denim _ School | |*

Everyone should cop stretch denim -- 1-2% stretch is perfect

Don't know how y'all do the raw denim stuff

I still like to wear my durable, raw jeans when I go to bars and get wasted.

I think it was the polo thread where a couple of people were very anti-stretch jeans. Talkin bout only women's jeans should have estalene or other stretch material. They too concerned about people somehow finding out by reading the tag in their jeans.

How long did it take for iron hearts to be comfortable though? Lol. I'm just glad my momo's still fit after my weight gain. I was about to sell em

so what are the best jeans for this ?

tapered???

There isn't exactly the 'best jeans' for this

You have to find the jeans you like and get them altered

Watch this

Damn, I really watched that whole video smh.
The only good thing he mentions is the arc taper, because now I just realized I don't have to drag my butt to railcar again.
That stupid Asian dude refused to listen to my request.
I had to bring a pair of "example" denim for him to follow my demands :smh:

I gave up on denim crotch always wear out on em I got some waxed black g stars been like 2 yrs and still good

Crazy how IH's 18 oz is more rigid than their 21 ozs which are softer. Tighter weave on the 18 ozs. I have their 23 oz and due to their heaviness they aren't worn when the weather is above 70s

Last edited:
Crazy how IH's 18 oz is more rigid than their 21 ozs which are softer. Tighter weave on the 18 ozs. I have their 23 oz and due to their heaviness they aren't worn when the weather is above 70s

it is quite crazy, the 21oz denim is extremely soft from the start and only gets more comfortable as they form to your body plus they're very breathable...

Man my Baldwin Henleys from July 2014 are starting to give signs of a crotch blow out in the near future.

I loved this jean and I've washed them a good bit. Kinda sad to see them going downhill so soon. Was really hoping they would last at least another two years. I need another Slim good denim that will last me at least a couple years.

Any suggestions?

Also not trying to spend 500 on raw denim. Please give something decent sub 300 if possible.

Man my Baldwin Henleys from July 2014 are starting to give signs of a crotch blow out in the near future.

I loved this jean and I've washed them a good bit. Kinda sad to see them going downhill so soon. Was really hoping they would last at least another two years. I need another Slim good denim that will last me at least a couple years.

Any suggestions?

Also not trying to spend 500 on raw denim. Please give something decent sub 300 if possible.
Send them to Railcar and have the crotch repaired for like $50 or whatever they charge. 

I had it done with a pair of selvedge 511's.  Not at Railcar, but at a local denim shop here in Denver.   Downside is that when I went to the airport wearing them... the reinforced crotch sets off the body scanner now 
laugh.gif

Any suggestions?

Send them to Railcar and have the crotch repaired for like $50 or whatever they charge. 

I had it done with a pair of selvedge 511's.  Not at Railcar, but at a local denim shop here in Denver.   Downside is that when I went to the airport wearing them... the reinforced crotch sets off the body scanner now 
laugh.gif
What did they reinforce it with?

Metal pipe?

So crotch blow outs only happen when your jeans are super tight right? I don't even think I wear jeans that baggy but I have never even been close to a crotch blow out.

I just got some HUF selvedge chinos for mad cheap on a BOGO sale on Zumiez of all places. Just got them in and they fit exactly like Levis regular taper which is great. Their just chinos though so it's not like there is a fade factor but they feel pretty good considering.

PT53003-BLACKZOOM3.JPG

Can anyone shed some light on what duck canvas brown jeans? Could those ever fade?

So crotch blow outs only happen when your jeans are super tight right? I don't even think I wear jeans that baggy but I have never even been close to a crotch blow out.

I just got some HUF selvedge chinos for mad cheap on a BOGO sale on Zumiez of all places. Just got them in and they fit exactly like Levis regular taper which is great. Their just chinos though so it's not like there is a fade factor but they feel pretty good considering.

PT53003-BLACKZOOM3.JPG

Can anyone shed some light on what duck canvas brown jeans? Could those ever fade?
you have a link to theses?

PT53003-BLACKZOOM3.JPG

Bro trust me my jeans are far from super tight.theyre not even "skinny". Slim surely but I've got a decent amount of space,

Anyone have experience with Surface to Air jeans? I picked up a pair at a thrift store for 22 bucks, but haven't really seen anything online about them.

Man...I wish the Boston area had a denim shop. So much beautiful denim around the world we cant even see in person! lol im about to quit school and open up a business!!!!

Re- BostonWhen I used to live there I went to The tannery I bought my Nudie's and N&F jeans there. Barneys at Copley has SLP and Acne if that's your thing. Otherwise I did mail order wh free returns. Ordered a few pairs. Tried on at home wh diff fits and send the ones I didn't want back. Rinse repeat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom