*| | Denim _ School | |*

Take a trip to NYC and go to self edge & blue in green
Yup thats exactly what i did for my birthday trip. This was in the late spring early summer. I was hesitant to buy anything because i was gaining weight due to the gym lol
Re- Boston When I used to live there I went to The tannery I bought my Nudie's and N&F jeans there. Barneys at Copley has SLP and Acne if that's your thing. Otherwise I did mail order wh free returns. Ordered a few pairs. Tried on at home wh diff fits and send the ones I didn't want back. Rinse repeat.
Yessir ive checked out the tannery at both locations and i can proudly say i will never go back. The workers are snobs when i asked for help.

Yup thats exactly what i did for my birthday trip. This was in the late spring early summer. I was hesitant to buy anything because i was gaining weight due to the gym lol
Yessir ive checked out the tannery at both locations and i can proudly say i will never go back. The workers are snobs when i asked for help.

Yea some of them can be and their prices are not always in-line.

The girls over at the one in harvard Sq are nice tho. Very helpful.

Online is the way to go tho. Try on wh diff fits

Going to try the NF easy guys since my thighs are getting a little too big for my rogue territory stanton's :/

This is a little goofy but how I avoid getting a phone outline on my jeans outside of hand carrying my phone or getting an otter box belt clip?

in the waist, a little loose in thigh which I'm not used to so hopefully the 31s work

Word. Yea the 31s should be a little less loose in the thighs too. If your thighs aren't that big though they're going to look baggy lol. They are great for dudes who have big quads from lifting like I do

Word. Yea the 31s should be a little less loose in the thighs too. If your thighs aren't that big though they're going to look baggy lol. They are great for dudes who have big quads from lifting like I do
Yeah man I know what you mean. I've been lifting a lot the past two years and I can't fit into my 32 thin finns, 31 APC petit standards or my 31 weird guys anymore. I put on my easy guys and was like woah this is the look I want for sure but can't wait for the 31's to come in.

Anyone have the Strike Gold 5105 joints? 

Self Edge has them for $335 and Denim has them for around $250. Difference is Denimio is saying they've been washed once whereas the Self Edge joints haven't been. Concerns me that Denimio would have washed them. That's whack. 

Self Edge has them for $335 and Denim has them for around $250. Difference is Denimio is saying they've been washed once whereas the Self Edge joints haven't been. Concerns me that Denimio would have washed them. That's whack. 
Doubt Denimio are the ones that washed them... a lot of brands offer a 1-wash and no-wash option.  Denimio is just like a middle-man. 

Click around on the site, they might have the same pair in unwashed. 

they come with a wash from the factory so you get a better idea of the actual sizing. unsanforized denim will shrink a lot. this throws a lot of people off and people end up getting too small a size. the one was option gives you a better idea of the size out the gate.

i wouldn't worry as far as looks go it shouldn't be noticeable

Out of curiosity, how long do y'all usually go before washing your raw denim?

I washed one of my pairs yesterday and didn't get much dye out of em even after about six months of wearing em. I think I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that it's been cold and usually people get better results in the warmer months, but we'll see. 

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, how long do y'all usually go before washing your raw denim?

I washed one of my pairs yesterday and didn't get much dye out of em even after about six months of wearing em. I think I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that it's been cold and usually people get better results in the warmer months, but we'll see. 
Whenever they get dirty/smelly

There's no hard and fast rule, but you generally wanna extend as long as possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I placed an order on Denimio on Monday afternoon. Joints arrived this morning 
eek.gif

Could not be happier with the fit and feel of them. Strike Gold 5105 15oz, next to my roughly three year old FH2001s which are holding up great. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I placed an order on Denimio on Monday afternoon. Joints arrived this morning :wow:

Could not be happier with the fit and feel of them. Strike Gold 5105 15oz, next to my roughly three year old FH2001s which are holding up great. 

Damn bro nice fit

Back
Top Bottom