*| | Denim _ School | |*

Sorry for the thread clutter... one last question... with oni having the low tension weave, does that hurt the durability of the denim?

anyone have any Frame L'homme? Thinking about pickup up a black pair, but dont know too much about them. its between Frama or Paige (skinny black). Thoughts?

juat got a pair and I am liking them so far. Got the skinny ones.

AB454916-C733-45DE-B5A2-2405DF7D237F.jpeg

Sorry for the thread clutter... one last question... with oni having the low tension weave, does that hurt the durability of the denim?

aight so there’s not really that much info like what that actually even means honesty
It alludes to the fact that the loom itsef is on a lower tension setting
I think it translates more to “irregularity” in the denim like that nice texture and slubbiness you get from ONI/PBJ

after owning a few pairs from both .. and blue in greens In House denim.. I kinda think all 3 (materials ) are made in the same mill
They even have similar tags in the jeans but I could be reaching

Havent worn raw denim in forever ever since i started lifting. thighs dont fit.. #humblebrag.

But i been wanting to pick up a pair of samurais i been eyeing from blueingreen

pretty sure i been through it all.. apc, oni, pure blue japan, iron heart, momotaro, etc.

my favorite were prob the iron heart and apcs.

So I got the last pair (again) of OrSlow 105 2 year wash from that shop in the Netherlands KingJames posted earlier. They came in four days somehow!! Much better fit, with the 5 waist being how I expected the 4 waist to be. This pair was a little darker blue which I didn’t like but can live with. Legs are a little roomier too obviously which is a shame because I actually liked how the 4’s legs fit but I wore them today and am happy with them so thanks for the post.

Looked on Grailed for a pair of size 5 107s and sure enough there is a fairly wrecked pair (crotch and pocket are already patched and the rest of the crotch is wearing thin)... offered 35 and they accepted. I’m actually pretty impressive with a sewing machine and have repaired many crotch blowouts before so I’m gonna reinforce them and have a nice pair of already broken in ones to try out and see if I like before I purchase another pair potentially.

Nudie Thin Finn Dry Selvedge any good? See it on sale for like $121 shipped. I swear I don’t need to start another pair of raw denim but wonder if I should buy and keep for later.

never owned nudies cuz im not a fan of the back pocket design but ive seen people pull off some crazy fades over a long *** time like 5-6 years and they didnt disintegrate so they gott be pretty well made
I don't mind the back pocket design but the pair I saw online didn't have it so it looked fairly normal. Perhaps why they are on sale since I assume most want the design.

But thanks for the input guys. I wish I can try on the jeans since I am not sure if the fit is right for me. I feel like the grim tim is the right cut but then I do have slim taper pants from Banana that fit fine too. I guess I have to do more research on it.

I don't mind the back pocket design but the pair I saw online didn't have it so it looked fairly normal. Perhaps why they are on sale since I assume most want the design.

But thanks for the input guys. I wish I can try on the jeans since I am not sure if the fit is right for me. I feel like the grim tim is the right cut but then I do have slim taper pants from Banana that fit fine too. I guess I have to do more research on it.
I've had a pair of Grim Tims over 5 years, still holding on. One crotch repair in that time. These are slim enough for me, anything slimmer I think will be skinny fit.

I still have my Grim Tims from like '08 lol. I let my homie customize them maybe after 3-4 years of wear. i think I had a leasrt a couple crotch rips.

Looks like they didn’t hem them like I asked them to... let’s see what happens from here. I just emailed them.

you must be new here....

also did not realize iron hearts had giant leg openings. will they be less giant after washing (if anyone out there has a pair)

Back
Top Bottom