*| | Denim _ School | |*

I personally size by waist and then look at the rest of the details secondary
leg opening /rise /length etc

but warning if you work out / have thicker thighs (pause) you’re gonna wanna size for thighs first.. and then worry about waiste sizing secondary (go bigger than your waist and wear a belt /have em taken in) to not be uncomfortable in the thigh area

only jeans I own that are tight like that in the thigh is some sugarcane type 3 joints but it’s kinda weird cuz they are the least tapered baggiest legged jeans I own .. but dem thighs are kinda tight

Word. I’ve never gotten a proper fitted jean. My specs are way off since I’m short. Kinda like the waist slightly loose for comfort and throw on a belt.

BFAD8A51-D613-4FCA-A4B0-A3952A4A3F01.jpeg

ONI RED CALIPER DENIM
SUGARCANE FLANNEL
STUDIO D TEE
JORDAN 5
NYC WEATHER BEEN GOOD TO US THIS WEEK

anyone have any jeans from Maurice Malone's Wiliamsburg Garment Company?? i've known about it for a long time just never pulled the trigger. I see now they do custom large sizes which is a must for my fat ***.

just sent some polo jeans out to them to taper since they actually taper from the inseam unlike every tailor in my area. hoping they come back nice so I can send more.

Best straight fit Raws around $200. Can probably only afford 14.5oz max living in a tropical climate. Should Sugar Cane 1947's be the move? I only have 12.5 oz and some APC's as the basis of thickness of jeans.

Check out fullcount (on sale around 220) on blue owl .. couple straight fits in 13-16oz
.. not that there’s anything wrong with sugarcane tho .. just sometimes nicer to get 3hunna worth for 2 hunna

Best straight fit Raws around $200. Can probably only afford 14.5oz max living in a tropical climate. Should Sugar Cane 1947's be the move? I only have 12.5 oz and some APC's as the basis of thickness of jeans.
Sugar Cane is great, check out the measurements and see what works for you..

Edit: https://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane?product_id=2683

I'm currently wearing these, 14oz but they're in top 200 range. I definitely recommend them, they're amazing.

Last edited:
yeah those sugar canes look even nicer in person

thats gotta be the hardest thing shopping online
look at the same pair on 3 different websites and they always look diff/filtered
then when you see em in person its a whole nother look

yeah those sugar canes look even nicer in person

thats gotta be the hardest thing shopping online
look at the same pair on 3 different websites and they always look diff/filtered
then when you see em in person its a whole nother look
Yeah, I only buy from Self Edge San Francisco.. I've been buying raw denim for almost a decade now so I do know my measurements but I still prefer the in-store experience.

Back
Top Bottom