*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

dog ripped up one of my fitteds, cut out the logo and stuck it in the coin pocket, and the raised areas get rubbed when i put stuff/hands in my pocket.

pimp.gif
sick.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

Imperial Dukes - Huge thanks to Kiya from SelfEdge
w8nbyf.jpg

zx5qfc.jpg

2v9eohe.jpg

35cqvyq.jpg

259akg8.jpg

ea1fdd.jpg

2drfasw.jpg
Imo, those Dukes are a bit to loose, and they're raw too so they'll stretch a little bit. Maybe that's your preference though.

^^^ i have the same gap morrisons. were they still dark before your first soak/wash? kus ive been wearing my for 6+months and theyre still dark colored.

Originally Posted by grmanny

w8nbyf.jpg

zx5qfc.jpg

2v9eohe.jpg

35cqvyq.jpg

259akg8.jpg

ea1fdd.jpg

2drfasw.jpg
Imo, those Dukes are a bit to loose, and they're raw too so they'll stretch a little bit. Maybe that's your preference though.

well after the slim jims, i've started to appreciate the bit of breathing room with these dukes

and dukes fit pretty true to size, so any stretching shouldn't be too drastic...not to mention fade times take forever!
ohwell.gif
but im up for a challenge
pimp.gif

I have a question,

I wear a 34 in Levi 501 which fits my waist perfectly. I was wonder how APC New Standard would fit compared to them and which size should I get in them? Thanksahead of time guys.

I just bought some APCs NS in a 29
My TRUE size is a 31
And they fit tight as hell
I can't even put my phone in my pocket
smh.gif

Should I have gotten a 30 or 31
Or do I just have to rock em to death until they open up a bit??

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

My TRUE size is a 31
smh.gif

They will stretch. See how they are after a few weeks.

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

My TRUE size is a 31
smh.gif

It's A.P.C.…it'll stretch significantly.

i just bought my first pair of apc new standards today, thanks to this thread. i was almost tempted to get the rescues, but decided to go with the standards.at first, i thought they were too tight. i'm not a fan of slim jeans. however, after trying on the rescues in a 32, i go the standards in a 34. i hear theymay expand and stretch some, but i have big thighs, and these things are hugging them. they fit just like my 501's, surprisingly. i have a new pair ofregular stf and i tried them on when i got home and compared the fits of the too. levi's are underrated. nevertheless, this is my first pair of selvegejeans as well. next month, i'm going to pick up the nudies and eventually work my way up to the higher priced denim, such as the sugarcanes, samurai's,flatheads, etc.
thank you all for the knowledge and experiences shared in this thread.
peace

I dont know much about denim, but let me ask you guys for your opinion...

I got some black skinny's (levi's). I recently washed them and had soap stains on em, I washed them again then the soap stains came later...

I took it to the dry cleaners to get it dry cleaned, and when I got it back it got some fade on it...

Should I get a new black pair of skinnies? or was it suppose to fade like this into the way you want it?

Thanks.

I can't fit any jeans at all, my legs are too big
frown.gif
It makes me sad. I have big thighs and a big butt, and I'm a guy
frown.gif

well after the slim jims, i've started to appreciate the bit of breathing room with these dukes

and dukes fit pretty true to size, so any stretching shouldn't be too drastic...not to mention fade times take forever!
ohwell.gif
but im up for a challenge
pimp.gif

Dope Dukes man! I'm working on some SEXI04s right now.

As for the fading, it shouldn't take that long. I've been wearing mine for a few months and some fades are already poking through.

Good luck with you pair.

Good lookin out rawblackcat & sidneylo
I'm about to put them through rough rough work then
I'll post the progress when the time comes from now to then
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Speaking of "hugging shoes", I'm looking for the most inexpensive jeans possible that will "hug" my shoes, slimmer around the calves/ankles so the top of my sneakers aren't all covered up by my jeans. All the jeans I have now are just regular straight fit, Levi's and Gap but they don't do this for me. Brand or prestige really don't matter to me, I just need to get this look. Any help?
I would recommend getting skater jeans. Look at www.ccs.com or www.activerideshop.com since brand doesn't matter. get super slim. I'd recommend sizing up one though. My brother wears them and they're really tight true to size.
Yeah CCS got a wide selection of "hugging shoes" jeans. Check out KR3W brand on CCS. Their jeans fit true to size and not tight at all. Plus they got good prices
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

can anybody chime in on HEMMING designer denim.

How do you properly measure what length the inseam for should be hemmed?

As well any techniques for hemming bootcut jeans? will the opening be to large after hemming?

thanks.

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

can anybody chime in on HEMMING designer denim.

How do you properly measure what length the inseam for should be hemmed?

As well any techniques for hemming bootcut jeans? will the opening be to large after hemming?

thanks.

If anything the leg opening would be smaller after hemming a pair of boot jeans, wouldn't it? Now if you were hemming a pair of jeans that tapered downto the leg opening, then the leg opening would be larger.

Back
Top Bottom