*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Quick Question.
is it possible to just to shrink the leg openings of my 501 STF??

IMO the best thing to do is go to your local talior/dry cleaner and have them taper the leg opening. It shouldn't cost more than $10-$15. Just make sure totell them no dry cleaning or press.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

okay, so the academis i got are a little long, what's the best way to shrink without fade? they haven't been worn
Good looks fam. If they are a little long can you get them hemmed? or is this a huge no

Originally Posted by N1K3B4LLER

thoughts on levi 569 loose, darkwash straight leg?
Unless you want to look like a thug, go with a more fitted jean like the 501s.

are levis 501's meant to be worn like raw denim?

i like levis but i dont know which are supposed to be worn like raw denim or which ones are supposed to be worn like normal.

i like the way they look straight out of the store.

Originally Posted by ii2cky

i just realiezed my apcs i been wearing for 2 years no wash no soak

haha, i dont wear them hard or anything but just casual on the reg, think might be time for them to touch water soon

post pics ricky

my newest ones
apc ns 29
fit test. first wear:120308

Originally Posted by kiyab

Photos of RJB's Denim from a forthcoming Lightning Magazine Issue (worn for 10 months, washed twice):

so let me get this straight

the object is to rock the jeans a lot without washing???
eyes.gif

are preshrunk levis meant for continuous wear without washing to get honeycombs, wiskers, etc?

Originally Posted by NikeStatus

I'm looking for something different, unique and original in style
then go out there and find what U like.....Dont ask a community of people whats cool

word I never get these kind of threads..."what shoes should I get?" "which @#$*& should I smash?" "where should I take my dog fora walk?"...I know this is a board and all but sometimes you have to be yourself. Me personally I Love levi's and evisus will you? IDK

I recommend Levi's 511 with waist size 2-3 sizes up, and whatever length size you usually wear.

I have a question for the heads on here,
I want to buy a pair of levi's 501 stf's but I was wondering what size to get?
I know what it says on the tag that you should size up 1 inch in the waist and up to 3 on the length.
But what I read on here, someone mentioned that you should size down when buying raw denim.
Could someone shed some light?
btw, I'm a W 34 L 30 in preshrunk levi 501's.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

I have a question for the heads on here,
I want to buy a pair of levi's 501 stf's but I was wondering what size to get?
I know what it says on the tag that you should size up 1 inch in the waist and up to 3 on the length.
But what I read on here, someone mentioned that you should size down when buying raw denim.
Could someone shed some light?
btw, I'm a W 34 L 30 in preshrunk levi 501's.
cop your 1 down from your regular size but 3 inches extra for the length

I would say stick to your regular waist size. Soak them after a couple of months or if you just want to clean them do a cold water soak for about 20mins.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

When I first buy a pair do I soak it first before I wear?
(I'm fairly new to raw denim)
there are HELLA different ways to do it.

just remember this

hot water = more shrinkage & indigo loss

cold water = less

soaking for more than 45 minutes is overkill, more time wont do anything.

a second soak wont affect the lenght shrinkage as much as the width, 'tightness'

To all APC NC owners, how do you like NC's? Any advice,tips,info I should know when my pair arrives? I ordered a 29x34 off denimbar, I'm usually 30-31so hopefully they fit. I appreciate anyone that shares some info

Thanks for the input.
I'll probably go with a W34 L32.

But I have another question,
Could you guys school me on selvedge denim?
And does levi's make any selvedge jeans?

can anyone help me out? i recently got some average joes nudies online and they fit too lose. but i cant return them.

if i soak them in hot water will they shrink permanently? or will they eventually loosen up again? also if i soak them will they fade like crazy? is it stillpossible to get honeycombs and all that good stuff if the jeans are too loose?

Originally Posted by ayelexx

can anyone help me out? i recently got some average joes nudies online and they fit too lose. but i cant return them.

if i soak them in hot water will they shrink permanently? or will they eventually loosen up again? also if i soak them will they fade like crazy? is it still possible to get honeycombs and all that good stuff if the jeans are too loose?
No, they will loosen up again with wear, they are raw, so they will always stretch back out a little bit even after a soak. Yes, they can stillfade like crazy. Yes you can still get good combs. Wear them hard, don't wash them for a long time and you'll be in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom