*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

When I first buy a pair do I soak it first before I wear?
(I'm fairly new to raw denim)
It depends what brand and what the treatment has been. If it's sanforized denim, no need for a soak. Unsanforized denim, like Flat Headsneed a soak if you don't want mini jeans after there first wash.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by ayelexx

can anyone help me out? i recently got some average joes nudies online and they fit too lose. but i cant return them.

if i soak them in hot water will they shrink permanently? or will they eventually loosen up again? also if i soak them will they fade like crazy? is it still possible to get honeycombs and all that good stuff if the jeans are too loose?
No, they will loosen up again with wear, they are raw, so they will always stretch back out a little bit even after a soak. Yes, they can still fade like crazy. Yes you can still get good combs. Wear them hard, don't wash them for a long time and you'll be in good shape.

hard to get fades after a soak but its possible

^ I'm talking about some levi shrink to fits.
Soak em in hot water(if you want them to shrink a little) for about 45 minutes then let them dry and then wear em. For a couple months straightwithout a wash.

^ I'm talking about some levi shrink to fits.

Soak em' then for 45 minutes. Hot water. STF's are very hard to fade, my suggestion would be AT LEAST 9 months without a wash. If they ever stink,stick them in the freezer or spray febreeze.

When I first buy a pair do I soak it first before I wear?
(I'm fairly new to raw denim)

well considering you are looking at shrink to fits I'd say cop a pair at least a size up in the waist and when you first get them soak them in warm waterfor about half an hour to shrink them down to fit you (hence the name 'shrink to fit'). also these aren't like others that are going to stretchout like crazy and dont be looking to get any fading cause these are nearly impossible to fade.

Thanks for all the info, But I think I'm going to buy a pair and wear them as much as I can, then I'll
wash them. This will be my first pair of raw denim so stf's are good for experimenting.

Someday I'll buy a pair of Nudies.

I got my khaki Levi's 511 for $20 from Urban Outfitters. Not to big with that store but I like deals no matter where it is.

Levi's 501 STF's are probably the worst jeans I've ever had the displeasure of wearing outside of the Old Navy and Gap jeans from when I wasyounger. The denim quality is subpar, they stretch weird, the way the jeans are dyed is uneven and it fades funny. Once you wash them it's pretty muchover. Please do yourselves a favor and don't fall for the budget pricing. Jeans can be worn for years so spend the extra coin on something better.

Originally Posted by Rky Mdna

Skull S5010XX 6X6 Raw size 28
Everyday since august 8th, 15+ hours daily (smh)
No soaks, no washes
Those are crazy. I'm still trying to decide between a pair of 5010s or a pair of Imperial Dukes.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

can anyone help me out? i recently got some average joes nudies online and they fit too lose. but i cant return them.

if i soak them in hot water will they shrink permanently? or will they eventually loosen up again? also if i soak them will they fade like crazy? is it still possible to get honeycombs and all that good stuff if the jeans are too loose?
No, they will loosen up again with wear, they are raw, so they will always stretch back out a little bit even after a soak. Yes, they can still fade like crazy. Yes you can still get good combs. Wear them hard, don't wash them for a long time and you'll be in good shape.

Thanks reigndrop and LB510 for your responses. so the best thing to do would just be to wearthem and not soak them right? thanks a lot guys

Those are crazy. I'm still trying to decide between a pair of 5010s or a pair of Imperial Dukes.
ohwell.gif

Thanks man, and about the jawns, i suggest the skulls. They're a great fit (for me) but they were horribly uncomfortable at first, i'mtalking couldn't button all the way for the first week or two. But the mere fact that Imperials aren't Japanese makes me not like them.
eek.gif
I'm prejudice.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Thanks reigndrop and LB510 for your responses. so the best thing to do would just be to wear them and not soak them right? thanks a lot guys
Yeah, I wouldn't soak. Nudies are sanforized denim, so they will hardly shrink. Just wear them hard for a long time and you'll bestraight.

I picked these up today. I've looked at other threads on other boards and such but cannot find a definitive answer regarding these due to the differentmodels that RRL produces. There is already fading on these so will these fade with use or is this it, pre-wash? I mean, from what the pockets say I wouldthink different but to the eye..
ohwell.gif

Any info is appreciated.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I picked these up today. I've looked at other threads on other boards and such but cannot find a definitive answer regarding these due to the different models that RRL produces. There is already fading on these so will these fade with use or is this it, pre-wash? I mean, from what the pockets say I would think different but to the eye..
ohwell.gif

Any info is appreciated.
those look like one washes. they will continue to fade

ey i have some evisus (i think their called tori diacock. they have that red japanese gate painted on the back) and i think theyre a bit long. is there any wayto shrink the length without shrinking the waist?

thanks

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by Rky Mdna

Skull S5010XX 6X6 Raw size 28
Everyday since august 8th, 15+ hours daily (smh)
No soaks, no washes
ohwell.gif

I'd go with the 5010's Imperials have a real high rise

me and a couple friends were talking about colored jeans and how its a no go , but whats yall take on white jeans???

I think its too flashy for me, but if you can pull the outfit correctly it can be really fly....(e.x. white jeans with blk/red patents)

I just copped two pairs of jeans within the last week. I bought them cuz I thought they looked and felt good. Want to get people's opinions on what theythink of the particular brand/line though.

Levi's Capital E - Hersher Regular Straight (about $150)

PRPS Dark Regular (about $350)

Back
Top Bottom