*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

Andrew, that's a damn nice pair of AJs! I have a 30x32 pair myself but I feel like it hasn't stretched out that much yet, definitely not a full size in the waist.

How much did your waist stretch? And do you do anything besides walking around in them? I know some ppl bike, etc.
Mine are 29x34, they stretched a lot within the first month of wear. I remember it being a lot slimmer around the waist, perfect fit to exact, but now it might be a inch wider. Besides just walking and just sitting around, I bike to and from school on the weekdays. I'm starting to get a crotch blowout from where my seat is chafing that area. They're not fading as planned, but Nudies tend to take some time. I'll post some pictures after another wash over the summer; for my first wash I just threw them in the laundry machine with all my other dark clothes. I guess it didn't turn out as bad as I thought they would.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Are these AJ dry heavy?
I believe these are AJ dry heavy. Got it from Self-Edge a while back for a decent price.

I'm still looking for recommendations for some good-quality raw black denim, let me know!

Wow easily one of the best pairs of AJDH's I've ever seen. My are barely fading. Look into Imperials if you want raw black.

You got any pics before washing?

nerd.gif

I might post some pics of mine also im 7 months in no wash and im debating whether to wash mines or not.

I was planning on going for 8 months but im getting impatient.

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

Andrew, that's a damn nice pair of AJs! I have a 30x32 pair myself but I feel like it hasn't stretched out that much yet, definitely not a full size in the waist.

How much did your waist stretch? And do you do anything besides walking around in them? I know some ppl bike, etc.
Mine are 29x34, they stretched a lot within the first month of wear. I remember it being a lot slimmer around the waist, perfect fit to exact, but now it might be a inch wider. Besides just walking and just sitting around, I bike to and from school on the weekdays. I'm starting to get a crotch blowout from where my seat is chafing that area. They're not fading as planned, but Nudies tend to take some time. I'll post some pictures after another wash over the summer; for my first wash I just threw them in the laundry machine with all my other dark clothes. I guess it didn't turn out as bad as I thought they would.

Are these AJ dry heavy?
I believe these are AJ dry heavy. Got it from Self-Edge a while back for a decent price.

I'm still looking for recommendations for some good-quality raw black denim, let me know!

Wow easily one of the best pairs of AJDH's I've ever seen. My are barely fading. Look into Imperials if you want raw black.
That's definitely an overstatement. Mine are barely fading too. Maybe I'll post some fit pictures.

I've been wearing my Levi's 501 STF's for 2-3 days a week for about 6 months now..They don't stink or anything, but should i wash them?

What exactly will washing them do? I like how perfect they fit right now, which is why i didn't want to wash them..

I first started wearing my pair of APC New Standards during February of 2008. I didn't really wear them that hard so, when I soaked them in November, therewas about 3-4 months of real wear. Now it's April and I'm tempted to give them a real wash. I've been wearing them hard for the past two months orso, during which a crotch blowout occurred
laugh.gif
, and feel there would be quite a bit of fading this time around. I'll post pics of my results later in abit.

I picked up a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guys Indigo Selvedge last month and I've been wearing them hard. Fading is still minimal but I love the fit onthese jeans. The price is also great but I gotta see how they turn out in a couple of months. I'll also post some results later on!

Originally Posted by DL2352

I first started wearing my pair of APC New Standards during February of 2008. I didn't really wear them that hard so, when I soaked them in November, there was about 3-4 months of real wear. Now it's April and I'm tempted to give them a real wash. I've been wearing them hard for the past two months or so, during which a crotch blowout occurred
laugh.gif
, and feel there would be quite a bit of fading this time around. I'll post pics of my results later in a bit.
post some pics

Originally Posted by 5tan

Stretching out the thighs on some jeans?

Sounds pretty difficult, any ideas?
You're better off buying new jeans.
thighs are probably the most difficult part to stretch. only thing you can do is wear them

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

I've been wearing my Levi's 501 STF's for 2-3 days a week for about 6 months now..They don't stink or anything, but should i wash them?

What exactly will washing them do? I like how perfect they fit right now, which is why i didn't want to wash them..

People choose to wash generally because the smell is getting to them or they're nearing the end of their "project" and want to birngout the contrast of their fades. I'd hold off if I were you especially because you're working with a pair of unsanforized jeans. If you think you havethe perfect now I might skip washing all together, because if it would be your first wash the fit would change dramatically (most people wash/soak their STFsto get most of that shrinking out the way to begin with).

Originally Posted by DL2352

I first started wearing my pair of APC New Standards during February of 2008. I didn't really wear them that hard so, when I soaked them in November, there was about 3-4 months of real wear. Now it's April and I'm tempted to give them a real wash. I've been wearing them hard for the past two months or so, during which a crotch blowout occurred
laugh.gif
, and feel there would be quite a bit of fading this time around. I'll post pics of my results later in a bit.
post some pics
Next dark load I have, these bad boys are going in (within the week.) I'm lightweight apprehensive.
laugh.gif

anyone here know how much slim jims will stretch in the waist? friend just got a pair and he told me they're so tight he can't zip them up, I have noexperience with nudies so anyone know how many inches they'll stretch in the waist?

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

anyone here know how much slim jims will stretch in the waist? friend just got a pair and he told me they're so tight he can't zip them up, I have no experience with nudies so anyone know how many inches they'll stretch in the waist?
1-2 inches

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

Those worried about the smell can just stick it in the freezer
Not just sticking it in the freezer. You fold your jeans into a big plastic bag (zip-lock preferably), then you put a little bit of baking soda.Then you close it up and put it in the freezer.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

You could just get some frebreeze

you could do that, but it doesnt kill the germs.

just wash them, it's no big deal. jeans are jeans. i just stuck my nudies in the machine wash with all my darks. turned out fine.

Sucks when you go to the tailor you think you can trust to get some exp jeans hemmed, and they don't do a very good job... ie stitching is crooked anddoesnt even line up properly with the sevlage seem. whack.

Originally Posted by HermitEdge

Sucks when you go to the tailor you think you can trust to get some exp jeans hemmed, and they don't do a very good job... ie stitching is crooked and doesnt even line up properly with the sevlage seem. whack.

Self edge & big does chainstiching so the selvedge doesn't get damaged.

im intrested in getting some Nudie Average Joes.

im just looking for some pics (aside from google pics) of what the look like on, like the fit and how they should fit/hang.

mainly starting pics.

thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom