*| | Denim _ School | |*

Naked and Famous denim anyone got info on quality
Been thinking of picking up a pair from barneys cause I'm bout to finish my APC's

Just got a pair of Nudie Average Joe Used... 3rd pair of nudies, quality is definitely on point. Next up, APC NS.

ugh,

i need a pair of APC NC...

but so $$$

smh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I did my first soak on my APCs over the weekend after wearing them for 7 months and they look exactly like they did before. I put them in the tub for 2 hours in hot water and not much fading what so ever. Did I do something wrong?

Soaking isn't going to make the fades pop. Soaking is great if you want to re shrink the jeans or remove a smell or light dirt. You have to wash the jeanin the washer to achieve the faded look. Its the agitation caused by the washer that loosens the dye on the faded parts. Thats why people refer to their jeansas having "2 cold soaks and 1 wash." I use woolite dark and the gentle cycle followed by a sun dry when it comes time to wash.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

ugh,

i need a pair of APC NC...

but so $$$

smh.gif

check out the streetwear/denim for sale section of styleforum.net they tend to have a lot of NC on there recently going for around $100

Originally Posted by green1bay

Been thinking of picking up a pair from barneys cause I'm bout to finish my APC's

I have a pair of weird guys and they are amazing quality for the price. They stretched a lot, to me almost more than my APC's. The grey weird guy looksdope too but I couldn't find a 28 at Barneys. They have some other nice colors like selvedge khaki available in other cuts. I have heard problems aboutrivets popping off but they will send new ones no problem. If I remember correctly they spend top dollar on denim and save costs on construction thus thecheaper price point.

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by cs02132

avoid true religions at all cost

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do

Wow you truely an un-informed consumer. True Religions are made in Los Angeles, California USA. I can't say they are made by Americans but they are made onU.S. soil. With our economy in the tank I don't mind paying premium for U.S. goods.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I think I might need to soak my Even Steven's... they've stretched a fair amount.
dont do it!
laugh.gif
I soaked mine twice probally been worn 200-250times and now they almost look like skinny jeans
tired.gif

check out the streetwear/denim for sale section of styleforum.net they tend to have a lot of NC on there recently going for around $100
Might as well get then from denimbar or context 150-20% off

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by cs02132

avoid true religions at all cost

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do

Wow you truely an un-informed consumer. True Religions are made in Los Angeles, California USA. I can't say they are made by Americans but they are made on U.S. soil. With our economy in the tank I don't mind paying premium for U.S. goods.

Not all of their jeans are still made on US soil anymore.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by doyung9

I think I might need to soak my Even Steven's... they've stretched a fair amount.
dont do it!
laugh.gif
I soaked mine twice probally been worn 200-250 times and now they almost look like skinny jeans
tired.gif
bro, you not understanding... the only way I can possibly wear them is if I sag on a hundred thousand trillion
laugh.gif

I need my jeans to fit like I bought them for me, not a 20 lb. heavier me
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by green1bay

I have a pair of weird guys and they are amazing quality for the price. They stretched a lot, to me almost more than my APC's. The grey weird guy looks dope too but I couldn't find a 28 at Barneys. They have some other nice colors like selvedge khaki available in other cuts. I have heard problems about rivets popping off but they will send new ones no problem. If I remember correctly they spend top dollar on denim and save costs on construction thus the cheaper price point.
I also have a pair of WG's which I really like, they quality is great. I heard about rivets popping off but I haven't had any problems.Check out tobi.com or blueingreensoho.com

Originally Posted by LB510

^ what size did you get?
I got a 31... which is the same as both my pair of Average Joe's, but I didn't realize I should have gone 30 in the ES.

Did anyone take advantage of this?

Via-denimbar

HAPPY DAD'S DAY!

30% Off Almost Everything!*

June 19th - June 21st*

DadDay.bmp

I completely forgot
tired.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I did my first soak on my APCs over the weekend after wearing them for 7 months and they look exactly like they did before. I put them in the tub for 2 hours in hot water and not much fading what so ever. Did I do something wrong?

pretty sure soaking won't do much, but it gets some lose indigo off if any at all.
i suggest going longer before washing/soaking again. wear as much so there are defined fades so that when you do wash(inside out) the contrast will be sharper.im pretty sure denim bar doesn't allow the coupon coode anymore. i have a few left of apcs if needed.
~Lefty

shaboyah.. keep wearing them... try to go a year on them without washing.

anyone try on the new STFs?

Back
Top Bottom