*| | Denim _ School | |*

guys I don't understand the whol shrink to fit on the bathtup ordeal with 501's

So you sit there for 6 hours and then your walk around in them and they will shrink to your body texture or what? I seriously don't know how the final product looks like, what the type of fit is and stuff.

please respond

Originally Posted by BasedBieber

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I bought a pair of skinny guys from n&f with a size 29 waist and I literally can't button the top button... I wear a size 30 in levi's 510's.

Is there any way I can stretch out the waist?
Do a cold soak and wear em, if it still needs to be stretched, just walk around the house with em zipped up as much as possible, it'll give way
Will it still stretch out if I don't soak?
You want to soak it to get the shrinkage out of the way so your fades dont shift and move around making it look off. But in your case i suggest what beiber said. They will stretch dont worry. I'll warn you that if you wear them and finally do a soak down the road your fades will shift so take that in consideration. Hope that helps

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I bought a pair of skinny guys from n&f with a size 29 waist and I literally can't button the top button... I wear a size 30 in levi's 510's.

Is there any way I can stretch out the waist?
Do a cold soak and wear em, if it still needs to be stretched, just walk around the house with em zipped up as much as possible, it'll give way
Will it still stretch out if I don't soak?
"I went just about true to size, and it was really tight at first, but after about a week of wearing them they stretched out to the Perfect Size."
Others are saying they got a stretch of 1-1.5"

In either case, yes, it will stretch

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

Denim school fam

I am looking for some great slevage denim that fits close to the 514s. Navy.

And recommendations?
3Sixteen SL100x. Thank me later. 
I just looked 'em up... they're like $220. When the hell did 3Sixteen get so expensive? I swear their denim used to be $70-$80?

Just got a pair of 29 APC Petit standards but I'm a little apprehensive about starting on them. I'm scared they might stretch too much

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Originally Posted by ksteezy

NT denim fam, I usually stick to either Gap skinny fit or Jcrew 484 slim fits, however ican seem to find a very light washed distressed pair of jeans in a similar fit, also looking for them to be thick quality, I have a pair of 511's that are light, but not faded and very thin...not sure if that makes sense to ya....looking for something similar to what Kanye has been seen in, I rather try don't have the rips, but I'll take them if that's all I can have.
http://shop.nudiejeans.com/system/search/product.asp?id=2538&rnum=6 
Thank me later..
What's the quality like on nudies? I've heard the name but never seen any in person. Those jeans are $30.00

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

guys I don't understand the whol shrink to fit on the bathtup ordeal with 501's

So you sit there for 6 hours and then your walk around in them and they will shrink to your body texture or what? I seriously don't know how the final product looks like, what the type of fit is and stuff.

please respond

thats a myth you dont have to do that... and even if you do just do like 40 mins in warm water

wow this is like a completely different language for me. So who can really school me on denim real quick?

I'm looking to buy like three good pairs of slim straight jeans for no more than 100 each. What brand would y'all suggest?

SEXIH07's drying from a wash, 634S-RAWS gettin tailored, so until then, 634S:

Iron Heart Belt, Wallet, & Rein as well.

Cris

Just got back from the Tailor's and picked up my Raws.......Day1:

Be back in a month for an update.

Cris - hell'cheah. I have a pair of SEXFHXRR10's going strong at about 1 year. I need to post pics.

Can anyone recommend some light denim, maybe acid wash? All of my jeans are dark raw indigo jeans. Looking to switch it up.

Edit: Well I just read Ksteezy's post, seems like he's looking for the same thing. I looked at a pair of Balmain too, I liked the wash, but not the price. I'll stay tuned
nerd.gif

i got a small crotch hole on my nudie's sj ...is this something a local tailor can fix? I heard self edge does repairs, but they cost a lot

I can sympathize with you guys.  I've been wearing dark jeans for years.  Now I want to find a good pair of medium indigo ones with some nice whiskering and a lighter pair with whiskering.  It's impossible to find nice pairs that aren't priced crazy.  It's like companies can make nice raw, untreated jeans but can't make any nice lighter ones.  Levi's 513 are my favorite cut but their light jeans are horrible (except for some of their LVC pairs).

Originally Posted by DZaster

Just got a pair of 29 APC Petit standards but I'm a little apprehensive about starting on them. I'm scared they might stretch too much

Did you size down?   Been wearing my pair for about two weeks i have the exact same size and fit and the waist stretched a lot since i first started wearing them

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i got a small crotch hole on my nudie's sj ...is this something a local tailor can fix? I heard self edge does repairs, but they cost a lot
its not expensive and its better than places that put a patch.

Graduating from my uniqlo selvedge denim and anxiously waiting for the arrival of my Naked & Famous X Momotaro jeans
smile.gif
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out with a clear answer on whether or not a pre-soak is required for sanforized denim. While some people say it's not required, others still go through with the pre-soak; I was wondering aside from minimal shrinking, what are the benefits of pre-soaking sanforized denim, if there are any? Thanks NT!

Self Edge x Iron Heart x Leather Soul x Alden = SEXIHXLSXA13

For the first time we've come together with another retail store to collaborate on a product. We've come together with Leather Soul to design a set of jeans and boots from two of our favorite brands which compliment each other in both design and fit.
We've done a pair of jeans from Iron Heart using a new denim designed for this project and a pair of boots from Alden available in two colors.

The Iron Heart jeans are a classic 5-pocket jean with a medium rise and a straight leg with a slight taper that's flattering above the knee all the way up the back, also there's very little taper so the jean looks great with boots. The jean is completely stitched together with dark indigo thread, so while being a 5-pocket jean made of an indigo denim it's easily dressed up because of the lack of contrast stitching. For the jean we had Iron Heart produce us the darkest denim they've made that's still indigo (blue) colored in a new 23oz weight, the denim is sanforized and therefore even due to it's heavy weight, it's still comfortable.
This jean looks and feels amazing in person, Iron Heart nailed every aspect of the jean that we had requested to have made for us. The denim warp threads are so saturated with indigo dye that it's looking like a jean that will look amazing with some wear due to how the fabric will age over time.

The boots are designed to be versatile in both comfort and utility but also are able to be dressed up or down easily due to the detail, leather, and sole choice.
The Alden boot has a "faux" cap toe, a style Leather Soul has named the "conservation boot." This style was made in the 1940's when leather was scarce due to rationing and wartime shortages. Instead of a traditional cap toe, this "faux" cap toe style was used to give the look of a cap toe without using extra leather and the stitching is done by hand.
The boot is made on Alden's Trubalance last, has a tan Goodyear rubber wedge sole, and is available in black regina calf leather or Horween natural Chromexcel.

The Alden boots are available at Leather Soul Waikiki and Leather Soul Beverly Hills starting Saturday, February 18th. Orders via email are accepted by emailing Leather Soul through their website.

The Iron Heart jeans will go on sale at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday, February 18th. The jeans will also go on sale at 9am (PST) the same day in our online store.

Check the online store for a full spec list on the jeans, measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

Iron Heart Online

Self Edge x Iron Heart x Leather Soul x Alden = SEXIHXLSXA13

The Alden Conservation Boots

Back
Top Bottom