*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Originally Posted by stevolatti

how do you make the black denim 501 levis stiff?

show it pr0n. jk, just spray + iron on some starch, if you really want to go through the hassle. imo, STF's aren't worth the work.

what do you mean when you say STF's aren't worth the work?

^Nah, I think yamakazi is implying that STF's aren't high quality denim and you shouldn't be going through such a hassle toproduce honeycombs and whiskers on them.

ahhh, touche.

dam, i was thinking about STF's =/ ...good thing for the heads up then

so it looks like im going for the black denim APC NS, 2 sizes down then...are there any other particular places to purchase these or is their website the best?

oh yea, i saw a picture of these samurais
200503151633.jpg

dear lord....
pimp.gif

^Are those Samurai's 5000BK's? That wear is
pimp.gif

But yeah, I would try APC's site or try to locate a retailer that carriesthem around you.

It looks like their site is sold out or you have to pre-order them though.

Context carries APC's but they're sold out of New Standards too.

LB510, as others have said I would not dry clean my jeans. The chemicals they use during the process break down the fibers and will cause your jeans to wearout more quickly. I've you are worried about shrinking I would just wash in cold water and hang dry.

those jeans you posted look like they would fit huge. not my style but whatever floats your boat.

^A lot of denim brands make straight leg's. Check out Self Edge's site for some brands.

I'd reccomend the 634SStraight Selvedge, Straight Sven, or the F380.

If you decide on wanting the Nudies, use the code "StyleForumNudies" for 25% off.

If those are too pricey, check out Denim Bar for someother denim. Nudie Average Joe's are straight legs well.

stfs are cheap. i have them right now and they don't fade well. it was more of an intro to raw to see if i wanted to do it.

they are a lot harder to get results. but, this is one guy's results after 13 months on superfuture:

They won't loose the creases and whatnot if they're washed, they may fade a lil bit though.

anyone know where i can get legit apc and nudies for less than retail? although i dont mind putting down 140 for some apc's

Originally Posted by iTzGraNT

what do you mean when you say STF's aren't worth the work?
Originally Posted by cicco1212

Im just looking to re do my wardrobe and i wanted to know what the people at nt are wearing. so juss reply with sum of your styles thanx.

correct.
Originally Posted by nikeXcartoon

^Nah, I think yamakazi is implying that STF's aren't high quality denim and you shouldn't be going through such a hassle to produce honeycombs and whiskers on them.

also correct. STF's will NOT produce pronounced whiskering. unless, of course, you wear them while climbing mount everest.\
Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

so it looks like im going for the black denim APC NS, 2 sizes down then...are there any other particular places to purchase these or is their website the best?

call blackbird in seattle. they are a physical store in seattle, but they accept phone orders. last time i was there they still had a lot of NS's inregular sizes. their phone number is up on their website www.helloblackbird.blogspot.com and they do free shipping, as well as 20% discounts for all SuFumembers.
Originally Posted by LB510

Do any of you guys dry clean your selvage jeans?

I just copped a pair of Godwin's and I love them. Anyone else have any pairs? Where I can find more styles of these online or in stores?

Anyone know how these fit?
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=170107

you mean dry clean RAW jeans? selvege doesn't equal raw, nor vice versa. i have no experience with godwin or wesc jeans. but from the given photo, thewesc's look pretty big. i mean they are the "bigger 5" model
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

LB510, as others have said I would not dry clean my jeans. The chemicals they use during the process break down the fibers and will cause your jeans to wear out more quickly. I've you are worried about shrinking I would just wash in cold water and hang dry.

i don't think this is true. i've dry cleaned 2 pairs of my jeans, one raw, one line dry. especially since you won't be dry cleaning them veryoften (every 3-4 months) remember different dry cleaners use different chemicals. there are "green dry cleaner" stations around my place, and thosecertainly had no effect on my jeans at all. the only thing that they DID do was set the indigo further into the denim, thereby drastically reducing the amountof indigo dye that could be lost (aka they didn't fade as much anymore afterwards).
Originally Posted by I Love AF1

any other good denim brands other than APC, that are straight leg?

there are plenty. just about any denim brand will have a straight leg.
Originally Posted by NolanDW

stfs are cheap. i have them right now and they don't fade well. it was more of an intro to raw to see if i wanted to do it.

they are a lot harder to get results. but, this is one guy's results after 13 months on superfuture:

that's really insane. what the hell did he do in them!?? STF's suck for fading!!! and that's kinda nasty though, i certainly wouldn't wantthose dirt patches and bacterial mold on my jeans before i washed them
laugh.gif

and finally if anyone wants some nudies for just a little over $100, as opposed to the $150+ retail, somemodels are on sale on this UK site. although it looks like they've stopped sales on most of the models...sorry i didn't get this to you guys earlier.
ohwell.gif
however they still have slim jims and even stevens on sale though.

http://www.oipolloi.com/brands/NudieJeansCo-68.html
1 UKpound = approximately 2 USdollars. shipping is pretty cheap as well.

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

anyone know where i can get legit apc and nudies for less than retail? although i dont mind putting down 140 for some apc's

contextclothing, denimbar, blackbird (read my post), etc. most places sell out of them very quickly, seeing as there's a lot of demand for them.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

call blackbird in seattle. they are a physical store in seattle, but they accept phone orders. last time i was there they still had a lot of NS's in regular sizes. their phone number is up on their website www.helloblackbird.blogspot.com and they do free shipping, as well as 20% discounts for all SuFu members.

gahh...SuFu diabled new member registration...how would I obtain the 20% discount for blackbird?

sometimes i think sufu monitors niketalk and when we start talkin about denim they disable their registration process... they seem to be anti niketalk

Originally Posted by tecca nena

sometimes i think sufu monitors niketalk and when we start talkin about denim they disable their registration process... they seem to be anti niketalk

or it might be the holidays, thatd be lame if they pulled that stuff though..
Originally Posted by KiiCkZ4DaYz

what fit are you looking for?

just some good ol straight leg denim. i think im pretty settled on the APC NS....figured id drop to 28 since im in the 30/31 range. It's just a matterof finding a pair, but blackbird sounds good right about now. im gonna give em a call after new years

What is the best way to prevent my 501's from bleeding? Will washing them once I get them do the trick?

^ I would soak the jeans in warm water for at least an hour. I always soak the jeans before or you're hands are going to be blue for a while when you touchthem. You probably will still get some bleeding, but it won't be as much.

^on the bleeding, on new jeans, whats the best way to stop it bleeding onto your shoes? I've always flipped up the end of my jeans to stop it. But eventhen i notice some bleeding. I eventually gave into washing them.

Does soaking it into hot water prevent it?

gahh...SuFu diabled new member registration...how would I obtain the 20% discount for blackbird?

tell them you're from there. the employees are really friendly and very knowledgeable.

just some good ol straight leg denim. i think im pretty settled on the APC NS....figured id drop to 28 since im in the 30/31 range. It's just a matter of finding a pair, but blackbird sounds good right about now. im gonna give em a call after new years

i think you should go with 29. unless you normally wear your jeans pretty fitted, i would go for 29 to have an easier "transition."
Originally Posted by cquan05

What is the best way to prevent my 501's from bleeding? Will washing them once I get them do the trick?
Originally Posted by wilwin

^ I would soak the jeans in warm water for at least an hour. I always soak the jeans before or you're hands are going to be blue for a while when you touch them. You probably will still get some bleeding, but it won't be as much.

pretty much. however be aware of decreased contrast in fading after warm soaks.
Originally Posted by craxyaznguy

^on the bleeding, on new jeans, whats the best way to stop it bleeding onto your shoes? I've always flipped up the end of my jeans to stop it. But even then i notice some bleeding. I eventually gave into washing them.

Does soaking it into hot water prevent it?

well do the soak like the dude just said, but read my warning from the above answered question. there are various ways people try to "combat"this, such as cuffing jeans, putting clear tape on the bottom, etc. but i think it's kinda stupid. if you're going to wear jeans, just wear them. ifyou're afraid of your shoes getting bled on, then don't wear those shoes. there's no such thing as raw denim NOT bleeding, especially when new. youcan always buy resin-coated jeans though, which retain their dark color and don't fade, thereby bleeding less. if you're really anal about it, i guessyou could just not wear the jeans when it's rainy, humid, for prolonged periods of time, or just wear beater shoes/non-white sneakers. upgrade to someBOOTS man!

I'm breaking in a pair of Ransom selvedge denim as well, I like the fit after it stretched out, it's alot slimmer but definitely a good look. Let meknow if anyone is interested I can cop for ya'll. The fit is in between New Standards and New Cures, not as slim as NC but slimmer than NS...straight slimtapered.

RAW SELVEDGE. 14OZ. AVAILABLE IN BLACK AND INDIGO. MADE IN PORTUGAL.

_mg_0816_FB_.jpg
_mg_0817_FB_.jpg

_mg_0817_FB_.jpg
_mg_0817_FB_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom