*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by GOTTIGUNZ

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CHEAP MONDAYS FIT????
I wear a W.38 & was wondering about copping a W.36???????ANYONE??????
you want either true to size or size up.

ORISUE! MY FAV $#!* NOW... I GOT LIKE 4 DIFFERENT PAIR AND IT SEEMS LIKE WHEN EVER I WANNA GO OUT THEY ARE THE FIRST ONES I LOOK AT OUT OF ALL MY DENIM

Imperial
Antik
Nudie
Levi's
Lrg

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by instant klassic

if stf's aren't cheap enough for you then i don't know..

if you want cheap selvedge you can go with uniqlo.
where can I find Uniqlo's online?

you can't, the only online store is for japan and the uk. unless you find someone selling your size/cut on superfuture or here.

what you can do is give a call to the nyc flagship, they do phone orders. 877-486-4756 and [email protected]

be very specific with what you want. if you need pictures or descriptions, here is their online store for the uk - http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/

the selvedge should be 80 or on sale and the regular denim is 50.

uniqlo is looking bad as hell! yo i wana cop a pair or two. i went on the site and there so many different selctions. but i know i wanna cop some blackjeans.

u think i should jus cop the black selvedge demin?

heres what im talkin about

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/85419-black-selvedge-denim-straight-jeans

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/97571-black-slim-fit-denim-jeans-one-wash

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/97537-black-slim-fit-straight-jeans
#2 is my personal favorite but I don't know if it will fade over time. cuz i know selvedge jeans will fade, do honeycombs, and all that good $@!$

I need some denim advice, as all the denim spots in Louisiana are still stuck on true religion, seven, etc.

I'm trying to get a good pair of raw denim, and style wise, I think I've decided on APC's.

Now, I know I don't want to go with New Cure's, because my valuables and my legs like to breathe.

I'm just not sure, if I should go with New Standard's or Rescue's.

I don't want "baggy" jeans in any sense of the word, I want straight leg, I'm just unsure if the Rescue's will be too big. No bootcutlooking style here, I want a nice, straight leg jean. I also don't want my jeans sitting on my of my sneakers.

Also, if I'm normally a 31 waist, should I size down to 29?

thanks guys.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I need some denim advice, as all the denim spots in Louisiana are still stuck on true religion, seven, etc.

I'm trying to get a good pair of raw denim, and style wise, I think I've decided on APC's.

Now, I know I don't want to go with New Cure's, because my valuables and my legs like to breathe.

I don't want "baggy" jeans in any sense of the word, I want straight leg, I'm just unsure if the Rescue's will be too big. No bootcut looking style here, I want a nice, straight leg jean. I also don't want my jeans sitting on my of my sneakers.

thanks guys.

standards are perfect for you then. and yes 29 is perfect. they will hug you well and later on will become loose after wear. don't be afraid abouttheir tightness.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by doyung9

I don't want "baggy" jeans in any sense of the word, I want straight leg, I'm just unsure if the Rescue's will be too big. No bootcut looking style here, I want a nice, straight leg jean. I also don't want my jeans sitting on my of my sneakers.

thanks guys.

standards are perfect for you then. and yes 29 is perfect. they will hug you well and later on will become loose after wear. don't be afraid about their tightness.

eyes.gif
, but thanks

^thnks man i've been waiting for ur reply all day. i think imma cop the 1st ones. ill keep everyone updated too

I just bought some Uniqlo s-002 jeans, regular fit straight. I don't really know anything about jeans besides what I've read in this thread. Idon't know the exact style cause I bought them while here in Asia, and I can't read the tags, haha. But yeah, they're a dark blue, they don'thave any of that prefading or anything, they have that kinda stiff feel.
I know that's not much definite info, but if anyone could help me out, what do I need to do to get the most out of these? As far as wearing, when to wash,and will they stretch simply by me wearing em?

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

I just bought some Uniqlo s-002 jeans, regular fit straight. I don't really know anything about jeans besides what I've read in this thread. I don't know the exact style cause I bought them while here in Asia, and I can't read the tags, haha. But yeah, they're a dark blue, they don't have any of that prefading or anything, they have that kinda stiff feel.
I know that's not much definite info, but if anyone could help me out, what do I need to do to get the most out of these? As far as wearing, when to wash, and will they stretch simply by me wearing em?

You should just wear them and wash them whenever you feel like it.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt 727

Got my APC NS in today, took fit pics but they came out horribly.
eyes.gif

What's your true size? What size in APC did you buy?

true size is about a 28.5, bought a 26 at first but it was too tight through the thighs and calfs, these are a 27 and fit fine, but are still tight throughthe calfs.

if i was you i would go for Antik demin very confy and quality is good. 7 jeans @ Diseal r good to. Roc @ Republic is okay but colar may wash off. Levis 501are exclent cheap with awsome qaulity. Hope that helps (^u^).

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Got my APC NS in today, took fit pics but they came out horribly.
eyes.gif

What's your true size? What size in APC did you buy?

true size is about a 28.5, bought a 26 at first but it was too tight through the thighs and calfs, these are a 27 and fit fine, but are still tight through the calfs.
Shoulda stuck with the 26 imo. They will stretch as needed and likely much more within the next 1 month or so.

soaked my Dior 19 cm's a few weeks ago, at about 6 months. Not much for fades, but that's Dior for you. Pics later maybe, glad to see this thread isstill alive. I'm gonna pick up some Imperial dukes or black 19 cm's soon(the sufu dior world tour thread has inspired me)

The Flat Head 1001 Slim Jean - 16oz Denim for The Heavyweights
It all started with the Flat Head 3001, a slim jean with a mid/low rise that turned out to be the best selling slim jean at Self Edge. The 3XXX denim on the3001 was found to be spectacular for those looking for a great high contrast fading denim that looks great in just a few months of wear.

Flat Head has now taken the 3001 and made a 16oz heavy weight version with a button fly and slightly longer inseam.
We're predicting another long term hit by Flat Head here, as we've tested the newer 1XXX (16oz) denim and it's fading and aging just like it's14.5oz counterpart.

We've also received a full restock of the Flat Head F380 and 4001BK jeans, and a special recut of the Short Sleeve Blue Diamond Shirts.
The new Flat Head 1001 16oz Slim Jean, F380, 4001BK, and Blue Diamond Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store. Check the 1001'sproduct page in the online store for more photos and full specs.:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....ath=68&zenid=d7117147abf7503f0c197e51ac24d905

1001:
photo-3-723899.jpg
photo-1-723999.jpg
F380:
525511670_d3d3d38b4a_b-713902.jpg
Blue Diamond:
IMG_0589-1-744802.jpg

What would happen if I just threw my jeans in the dryer (without washing them)? Would they still shrink even though they aren't wet to begin with? I'mtrying to get rid of months of being in the club, bars, smoke, and associated smells. They're not dirty at all, just smell funny. Airing them out onlyworks for a little while before the smell comes right back. I'm thinking throwing them in the dryer with some fabric sheets might help.

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

What would happen if I just threw my jeans in the dryer (without washing them)? Would they still shrink even though they aren't wet to begin with? I'm trying to get rid of months of being in the club, bars, smoke, and associated smells. They're not dirty at all, just smell funny. Airing them out only works for a little while before the smell comes right back. I'm thinking throwing them in the dryer with some fabric sheets might help.

Heat without water will cause more abrasion and weaken the integrity of the denim. Water constricts the cotton fibres.

If you are concerned with smell…leave them inside out on the porch overnight and spray it down with antimicrobial febreeze. Or just machine wash your jeans.

Originally Posted by sidneylo

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

What would happen if I just threw my jeans in the dryer (without washing them)? Would they still shrink even though they aren't wet to begin with? I'm trying to get rid of months of being in the club, bars, smoke, and associated smells. They're not dirty at all, just smell funny. Airing them out only works for a little while before the smell comes right back. I'm thinking throwing them in the dryer with some fabric sheets might help.

Heat without water will cause more abrasion and weaken the integrity of the denim. Water constricts the cotton fibres.

If you are concerned with smell…leave them inside out on the porch overnight and spray it down with antimicrobial febreeze. Or just machine wash your jeans.
Good idea. Will try that.

Perfect thread. I'm no jean/denim pro... BUT I did get some awesome deals from Nordstrom Rack today.

Two pairs of some original Sevens for $60 each, and another pair of Mavi's for $30. Getting the Sevens hemmed for an extra $22, coming down to $82 per pairon the Sevens each... compared to retail $180-190 =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ 7FAM. Nordstrom's Anniversary sale going on until August 4th (this saturday), all three locations downtown/lloyd/CTC had a decent selection. But the Rackover in downtown came through bigtime, there were also a pair of zoom BB's in a unreleased colorway there, sz12 also for $49.99, had to pass since themoney was tight.

Back
Top Bottom