*| | Denim _ School | |*

Probably why the brand is struggling. Quality keeps going down while the prices get higher.

Unfortunately I think you're right. The new CEO was a fast fashion guy but I think there was static recently between him and Ralph. Hopefully he gets out the paint and the quality gets better.

bryanay1 bryanay1 i think you'd be fine with a 29, but if you feel your thighs a little bigger just go with the 30. just keep in mind that APCs do stretch quite a bit. my PNS were a 31 i typically wear a 32-33 and they were fine till i stated lifting more consistently and my quads out grew them.

it's always better to have a little too much room than not enough

@bryanay1 i think you'd be fine with a 29, but if you feel your thighs a little bigger just go with the 30. just keep in mind that APCs do stretch quite a bit. my PNS were a 31 i typically wear a 32-33 and they were fine till i stated lifting more consistently and my quads out grew them.

it's always better to have a little too much room than not enough
im ordering off tres bien since they come out to 160 shipped, and i have to cover shipping costs if they dont fit so im gonna take time out of my day tomorrow after class and head to nordstrom and try them on

looking to get a pair of apc petit new standard

im 5'10, about 135-140lbs, skinny guy

i wear a 31 in both my acnes (thin and ace)

what size do i get a 29 or 30 for the apc pns?
I am about your size and have found that 29's work for me in PNS. Although I wear 29 in Acne as well, so maybe ignore me. 

I am about your size and have found that 29's work for me in PNS. Although I wear 29 in Acne as well, so maybe ignore me. 
YO

where you been lol

wish you were active in the rf thread during the boost drop, would have been hilarious for the new people in the thread

Asides from rawr denim, I used styleforum, Sufu, and ironheart forums for sizing. I think I may have used styleforum/sufu for APC sizing, way before I knew of the raw denim subreddit. I sized down two waist sizes to get a slim fit for my new standards. Waist is still stretched out to ~32 while tag size is 29 or 30. This was in 2008, but make sure to wear a belt once the waist stretches to your liking.

YO

where you been lol

wish you were active in the rf thread during the boost drop, would have been hilarious for the new people in the thread
Work/waning interest in kicks has kept me off RF for a while. I should probably hop in for the next hype release. 

Also Acne Towns, any opinions? Thinking about scooping a Stay Cash pair. 

Work/waning interest in kicks has kept me off RF for a while. I should probably hop in for the next hype release. 

Also Acne Towns, any opinions? Thinking about scooping a Stay Cash pair. 

Man the way you trolled, the boost babies (name we came up with the people who went into the thread during the ub drop) would have amazing if you where there and they would be all confused

As for the acnes, stay cash if you don't want fading over time, cash if you want fades

Definitely size down two for the APC PNS.  I made the mistake of sizing down only one and they stretched way too much for my liking.  Even with a belt they feel loose.  I only sized down one in the beginning cause I did try them on at the APC store and they were super tight so I thought I would be good.  I wanted to get another pear and size down two but they are so much more better denim out there.

For reference, I have two pears of NF both size 33 and they fit great. (about two years of wear).  (Super Skinny Guy)

My APC PNS is 33 as well (about one year of wear) and they became too loose overtime. The waist area.  I never did any of those pre soaks or whatever so I'm not sure if that affects the stretching.  

Last edited:
Apc pns are the most uncomfortable pair of denim I've ever owned
It's something about the waist band and also the placement of the rivets

Definitely feels like wasted $

Would y'all suggest washing a pair of new denim to get some dye off?
depends.. if its raw and then yes.. and its going to bleed like a MF..

my new Nudies drys bled all over the place.. even my undershirts had bleeding on them * changed my shoes right after taking this pic! cause the dye will destroy your white shoes and your hands too for that matter.. its all part of the process..its a right of passage if you will 

question for the group.. for non dry/non selvedge denim.. like the pre-washed lighter wash stuff..

how frequent do you wash them ? 

A pair like these, 

would you wash with regular frequency? cold wash, inside out, air dry?  

or should I go months without washing? 

also, if I wanted to shrink them, hot wash? 

Last edited:
It's a pair of dark dyed denim. Don't think they are raw. Might wash them because I don't like that excess dye on my shoes.

If dye is getting all over your hands then you got some fufu cheap stuff quality wise

I mean it's a pair of Uniqlos, dye isn't getting everywhere. I just got them and want to avoid bleeding. I've washed my APCs and they still bleed. Just not as much. Hoping theses will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom